Neo Sports : When will we get Decent Coverage?

CG

Has it really become that bad? I was in India last year around the Aussie tour to India and quite enjoyed their coverage, or maybe I was just too cricket starved coming from Amreeka where I have to sell an arm and a leg to buy good online links. On previous trips it used to be ESPN, which was good but having a 24*7 cricket channel is just :woot:

The precedent was set by the pathetic Doordarshan, who made it seem as though cricket matches are something that is meant to be seen b/w ads. The general audience in the west are discerning and are quick in their rejection of mediocre quality, but our 'chalta hai' attitude means the broadcasters take us for the granted and shove some hideous nonsense in the name of cricket coverage.
I agree. DD set the examples.
The general audience in the west are discerning and are quick in their rejection of mediocre quality' date=' but our 'chalta hai' attitude means the broadcasters take us for the granted and shove some hideous nonsense in the name of cricket coverage.[/quote'] Absolutely true!
It started with pathetic commentary and bad camera.. then came the time when they tried to squeeze in as many ads as possible then there was watermark on the bottom to advertise Lollypops and now they have become so shameless that they squeeze the screen to 60% to show an Idea tree and dantmanjan on the 40% of the screen. As for the coverage quality, its a monopoly and there is no competition. Zee sports was coming up in big way but I guess some babu who makes Rs1 a year from BCCI made sure that Zee, ESPN StAR etc were pushed out of the race so someone from Neo can get all contracts for the next gazaallion years
Nimbus has some strong connections with the BCCI. They seem to win every bid inspite of being such a lousy production house. They might soon start showing ads in between deliveries ... and ones like the cement ad with a babe in a red swimsuit make for perfect cricket viewing.
I thought Neo and Nimbus are related/owned by BCCI :dontknow: Their coverage is really pathetic .. I agree with Pain_Killer about the ads .. just imagine a kid and his dad, mom etc. watching cricket when the screen is minimized and a swimsuit clad girl is walking on the screen near the bowler .. both the parents and the children would be embarassed .. the swimsuit ad was going on repeatedly in the minimized screen on Neo in between overs ... too much of ads and really and pathetic coverage today .. they did not even show wicket replays and started showing ads as soon as the ball hits the stump or the filders just catches a ball .. they also placed ads in between overs today on many occasions.. commercialization is good but excess of it is really bad
Guest DeveGowda

Nothing is going to improve..everyone knows we are Cricket crazy nation..add to that there is no other Sport which is atleast 1% popular as cricket..So no body cares... I dont know what new gimmicks are ther for IPL 3... *And messaging in twitter - Do u guys really think NEO cares about that ?

Nothing is going to improve..everyone knows we are Cricket crazy nation..add to that there is no other Sport which is atleast 1% popular as cricket..So no body cares... I dont know what new gimmicks are ther for IPL 3... *And messaging in twitter - Do u guys really think NEO cares about that ?
Probably not but looks like Mr. Modi does. From his Twitter
@deepakca I agree. Looking into this. Today was not great without doubt. Many violations to our feed by broadcaster.
Well, the price at which these guys sold TV rights, broadcaster was probably forced to put those ads to recover their costs. Some screening process needs to be done while awarding these rights and strict quality processes must be enforced in the contract.
Guest DeveGowda
Is there any message on his tweets regarding what action he will take ?... everyone knows the problem and also the solution..but No body wants to solve that :)