Kulkarni desperate to bowl faster

Feed

espnstar.com’s Rajarshi Gupta spoke to Mumbai seamer Dhawal Kulkarni, who bagged five wickets for the West Zone in the Duleep Trophy final. More... Friday 5th February 2010 Kulkarni desperate to bowl faster espnstar.com’s Rajarshi Gupta spoke to Mumbai seamer Dhawal Kulkarni, who bagged five wickets for the West Zone in the Duleep Trophy final. After a sensational debut season, the 21-year-old, soft-spoken Kulkarni's life has been thrown into the fast lane, well almost. The medium-pacer stormed into senior reckoning, snapping up 42 wickets to emerge as the Ranji Trophy's most successful bowler in 2008. Subsequently, Kulkarani found himself on the flight to New Zealand with the Indian team but did not make his debut and he realises why. "I needed to add some pace to my armoury. I have been trying to work on it since the beginning of the year and I am getting there." That lack of pace might have cost him a little more than he would have bargained for. Despite Ishant Sharma's dip in form and an average domestic season, S Sreesanth got the nod ahead of a consistent Kulkarni and now the climb back up looks stiffer than before. A year since his call-up to the Indian team, the Mumbaikar understands the rapid change in the scenario around him. "Most of Karnataka's bowlers are doing well and there is pressure from other young talents as well. My job meanwhile is to continue bowling good lengths and taking wickets for Mumbai and the West Zone. "I know it is tough getting back to the Indian team but I am taking that as a challenge." That is something Kulkarni, who also plays for the Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League has been doing rather well. Ensconced in a dressing room with Sachin Tendulkar and Zaheer Khan in his debut year had some impact on the youngster, who went on to trouble the best in the business in domestic fraternity. "It helped to have them around, you know. All the experience from Sachin and Zaheer helps immensely. They would give me insight about the game I could never have thought about." In spite of some sterling performances over the last two years, Kulkarni knows his journey is a tricky, long, winding road ahead. He still has a chance of impressing the national selection committee for the ICC World Twenty20 berth, with the IPL looming round the corner. "Look, the IPL is an important event and we will be up against some big names. I will have to obviously adapt to the T20 mode after a couple of months of the longer format but I am confident of doing well." Former cricketers have often talked about rotating the seam attack and if Kulkarni carries on in the same vein, he should not be too far away from donning the blue cap.

Yeaaaaaah. Finally the bowlers are getting smart. Pace is the way to go in the future coz like I said, we can't have all our bowlers bowling the same and lame 135ks and expect the opposition to get intimidated with this pappu pace. Keep it up Dhawal. Hope the stubborn dimwits in our domestic structure learn a thing or two from you :two_thumbs_up:

he has all the attributes of a good pace bowler except pace.....increasing pace is definelty the way to go My.Kulkarni........But he should have the body for that......he should work on his lower body and also his chest....then automatically pace will increase.....otherwise with the same body if efforts are put to increasse pace....he will defiently break down pretty quickly....exactly what happened to mohammed aamer of pakistan....

he has all the attributes of a good pace bowler except pace.....increasing pace is definelty the way to go My.Kulkarni........But he should have the body for that......he should work on his lower body and also his chest....then automatically pace will increase.....otherwise with the same body if efforts are put to increasse pace....he will defiently break down pretty quickly....exactly what happened to mohammed aamer of pakistan....
Aamer is naturally quick dude..he didn't have to "increase his pace" or anything...He's been bowling at that pace when Akram spotted him