‘I play with my heart, for my country’ : Harbhajan Singh

Feed

Harris is placed above Bhajji in the ICC ranking. Do you think its because of one match?
Let Harris maintain that for considerable amount of time, before judging him. Harris also has the support of fast bowlers like steyn and morkel, which imo is very important for any ordinary bowler to get wickets.
Hey blue-brigade..There was a comment made by a poster in this thread (dont remember his name now) where he said something to the sort of Bhajji stops using his brain after 12 and starts using his heart to which under_Score replied .That remark was based on harbhajan's religion and IS CERTAINLY A DIRECT CRITICISM OF BHAJJI BASED ON HIS RELIGION .Those posts have been removed by the mod. So try understanding the full story before joining the bandwagon. My humble request.
Where do you think that comment is atm ? Yeah in the trash can. Don't stereotype all bhajji critics.
Guest DeveGowda
Hey blue-brigade..There was a comment made by a poster in this thread (dont remember his name now) where he said something to the sort of Bhajji stops using his brain after 12 and starts using his heart to which under_Score replied .That remark was based on harbhajan's religion and IS CERTAINLY A DIRECT CRITICISM OF BHAJJI BASED ON HIS RELIGION .Those posts have been removed by the mod. So try understanding the full story before joining the bandwagon. My humble request.
I dont know whose post that...But as per i know most of us Blame bajji NOT for his religion or Even his REGION...those things doesnt matter.... My only concern is he is NOT upto the HYPE he generates....He talk BIG before matches but wont perform even 25% of the talk...All other people in the Team barring Sreeshanth wont talk big and fare moderately in every series... What is wrong to blame a person Who think himself BIG but Not produce goods when requierd ? Why cant others get chance... Dont Support hm Blindly because u r from same region......:winky: (region & religion wont matter in Sports for ordinary fans like ME) If he is Performed Well Consistantly in future i am ready to eat Humble Idly :)
Where do you think that comment is atm ? Yeah in the trash can. Don't stereotype all bhajji critics.
Who is steroetyping Bhajji critics? Everyone has a opinion and they are free to express it.They can dislike Bhajji for all they like.I just pointed out to the concrete proof you were asking for...I dont play regionalism and I don't care....
I dont know whose post that...But as per i know most of us Blame bajji NOT for his religion or Even his REGION...those things doesnt matter.... My only concern is he is NOT upto the HYPE he generates....He talk BIG before matches but wont perform even 25% of the talk...All other people in the Team barring Sreeshanth wont talk big and fare moderately in every series... What is wrong to blame a person Who think himself BIG but Not produce goods when requierd ? Why cant others get chance... Dont Support hm Blindly because u r from same region......:winky: (region & religion wont matter in Sports for ordinary fans like ME) If he is Performed Well Consistantly in future i am ready to eat Humble Idly :)
That's fine man..You can criticize him. I am not stopping you. I just respond as per my opinion and that too not based on region and religion...I was just pointing out to what blue_brigade was asking for...

If India were ok being an average test side in the world then it would be ok to expect average performances from senior players. But the fact is the Indian Team, fans all want the team to stay at number 1 and so we have to EXPECT our senior players to play like number 1. South Africa want to reclaim their number 1 and therefore their number 1 bowler Steyn, bowled like a champion. Our number 1 and most experienced bowler, bowled like a chump. Do you expect Zaheer Khan, our senior pacemen to suck like Pathan, Munaf Patel and others? Fact is Zaheer got the early breakthroughs in two top order wickets. Bhajji didn't support him by taking wickets early or being economical. Like him or not Bhajji is in a poor form and it was a big reason why we lost this test.

Let Harris maintain that for considerable amount of time' date=' before judging him. Harris also has the support of fast bowlers like steyn and morkel, which imo is very important for any ordinary bowler to get wickets.[/quote'] Could we say the same about India being the no 1 team? Or is it the result of 2 years of continously performing good in test matches? You do understand how rankings work?
Besides Mishra has been around team for 1 and half years now and has not shown the spectacular results many seem to demand from an indian spinner
What are you talking about? The pitch was turning right from day 1. Apart from a little low bounce it was a great pitch for spinners. Instead Bhajji went wicketless the first day AND was the least economical bowler. That was the complete opposite of spectacular.
If India were ok being an average test side in the world then it would be ok to expect average performances from senior players. But the fact is the Indian Team, fans all want the team to stay at number 1 and so we have to EXPECT our senior players to play like number 1. South Africa want to reclaim their number 1 and therefore their number 1 bowler Steyn, bowled like a champion. Our number 1 and most experienced bowler, bowled like a chump. Do you expect Zaheer Khan, our senior pacemen to suck like Pathan, Munaf Patel and others? Fact is Zaheer got the early breakthroughs in two top order wickets. Bhajji didn't support him by taking wickets early or being economical. Like him or not Bhajji is in a poor form and it was a big reason why we lost this test.
well said.the expectations have automatically risen with India being numero-one.any mediocrity,specially from our senior players,shall not be tolerated for long
What are you talking about? The pitch was turning right from day 1. Apart from a little low bounce it was a great pitch for spinners. Instead Bhajji went wicketless the first day AND was the least economical bowler. That was the complete opposite of spectacular.
i think thats a part of the problem ,bhajji thrives on tracks with turn AND bounce.
Our other spinner mishra was bowling on the same pitch I do believe. Why no word against his big fat zero in wickets column. Correct me if I am wrong on this stat folks, as cant be bothered to check as am to lazy:--D But Bhaji was our top wicket taker in tests for 2008 and 2009. In light of that don't you think you guys are being a bit OTT on the criticism ?
Who is steroetyping Bhajji critics? Everyone has a opinion and they are free to express it.They can dislike Bhajji for all they like.I just pointed out to the concrete proof you were asking for...I dont play regionalism and I don't care....
I was just making you aware about some loose cannons here who without alleging the other party cannot participate in discussions.
U_S' date=' KT et al can you guys providesome concrete proof where anyone who has criticized bhajji questioned his religion or the region he hails from ? Can you guys stop throwing victim card like the Pakis do every now and then ? If you guys are avid icfers then you'll realize that srt has numerous critics here but we never labelled them anti Brahmin or Marathi. Try answering the critics with chin up and by not labelling them regionalist.[/quote'] I have labelled one poster that. And thats for reasons I simply do not wish to expand on:--D Also anyone criticising Tendulkar is anti Indian and frankly a disgrace to humanity
i think thats a part of the problem ' date='bhajji thrives on tracks with turn AND bounce.[/quote'] Well then it's a big problem because any spinner can do well on turn AND bounce. If that was the criteria then every team would pick a spinner like Yousuf Pathan who can only perform on these conditions and also contribute with the bat. The bigger issue was that even though Bhajji can go wicket less, he doesn't exert any pressure on the batsmen. It was the same against Bangla. He only had what one maiden from 40 odd overs? Same against Bangla. He can't even bowl darts well now!! :hysterical:
Our other spinner mishra was bowling on the same pitch I do believe. Why no word against his big fat zero in wickets column.
I thought that was obvious. Mishra has gotten dropped before in favor of an extra pace bowler or Ojha. Whereas, when Bhajji does poorly some people think it's no big deal.
Could we say the same about India being the no 1 team? Or is it the result of 2 years of continously performing good in test matches? You do understand how rankings work?
Yes, I understand how rankings work. But they aren't everything. Bhajji is a proven match winner unlike Harris who got wickets more due to luck rather than talent, at least in the previous match. Honestly, if you guys really think harris is better than bhajji, I have nothing more to say. I dont think even south africans would argue with that.
Yes' date=' I understand how rankings work. But they aren't everything. Bhajji is a proven match winner unlike Harris who got wickets more due to luck rather than talent, at least in the previous match. Honestly, if you guys really think harris is better than bhajji, I have nothing more to say. I dont think even south africans would argue with that.[/quote'] again rankings dont reflect whos better,it reflects who has performed better over the last couple of years,understand the difference?