What has caused the current crisis? It's not just a bowling issue

I mean seriously, I bowlers are starting to look like Pakis with their test averages. No decent spinners, one decent seamer. That's ONE bowler out of 4/5 bowlers that is decent. One. Chappell was right. We don't have any champion bowlers and we will lose the number one test place very soon. I blame the IPL. The whole corporate circus is an utter disgrace. Every time I see Lalit Modi's face anywhere or hear the IPL mentioned I want to put my foot through my computer screen / television / punch the nearest window through depending on my location at the time. I believe the following needs to happen. 1. Someone needs to remove Lalit Modi from any position of authority. 2. The IPL needs to be cancelled permanently. 3. We should stop playing meaningless ODI series, especially if they involve Sri Lanka 4. Result orientated pitches should be produced in India and not batting paradises. Pitches with something for everyone. This would allow our batsmen to play on a variety of surfaces and under different conditions as well as not sucking the life out of fast bowlers. With such a large country with ground in different areas that offer different environmental conditions why can't we do this? Also we should make pitches where THE TOSS DOESN'T DECIDE THE WINNER. Flat pitches produced BORING matches. Look at the recent Ranji final on a sporting pitch for an example of how this would improve the entertainment aspect of things. 5. Professional fitness should be stressed at all levels in domestic and international cricket. This would improve fielding and stop our pacers becoming trundlers. The BCCI is the richest board in Cricket but they don't do anything to develop the game. This is the problem with Indian culture. Corruption and nepotism abound, all the pigs shove their snout into the trough. You may ask why I'm whining now when I wasn't before? Well usually I don't post much on the Cricket forums any way but I could see this fall from grace coming for a long time. It's always been at the back of my mind that we were living on borrowed time. There's only so long you can rely on your batting to win you matches. You need an all round performance including good fielding and bowling. The T20 WC was where the rot set in. I'd stick with Dhoni as Captain for now but if his defensive attitude continues he may need to be given the boot. I can't see who else could do the job though. To conclude things I won't be watching the IPL this year or in fact ever again. It was too much last time, I overdosed on T20 which was probably why I didn't really care when we were out of the T20 WC.

I blame the IPL. The whole corporate circus is an utter disgrace. Every time I see Lalit Modi's face anywhere or hear the IPL mentioned I want to put my foot through my computer screen / television / punch the nearest window through depending on my location at the time. I believe the following needs to happen. 1. Someone needs to remove Lalit Modi from any position of authority. 2. The IPL needs to be cancelled permanently.
India were world beaters before the IPL ?

Asking the bowlers to sacrifice considerable pace, which is a need for us, for an apparent "long & sustainable career". I reckon we should stop kidding ourselves and stop blaming non-consumption of non-veg as a major reason for us not being able to stay fit and be at the top of our game.

Also, it must be added that we are manipulative and start crying the moment we lose. And despite this attribute, we hope to be No.1 side in all formats. We should get competitive, not blame everything under the sun to shield our guys' ridiculous performances. And there is no bad performance which you can't bounce back from.

Crisis is a strong word Our bolwing on these pattas has been pants for a good while, its only now against a top team and with key batsmen are out that it has been brutally exposed Zak and Ishant are seam and swing bowlers they cant function very well in these pitches

Crisis is a strong word Our bolwing on these pattas has been pants for a good while, its only now against a top team and with key batsmen are out that it has been brutally exposed Zak and Ishant are seam and swing bowlers they cant function very well in these pitches
I thnk this is not a flat dekh. Wen Saffers will bowl, the'll justify my statement.