Thank you for the sporting pitch

Guest Hiten.

Regardless of the result, this was a pretty abysmal test match wicket for India - it was the equivalent of India beating South Africa at the Oval, which is the closest analogy I can draw for this Calcutta pitch. The curator and ground staff tried everything in their power to prevent an Indian win, but India just proved to be too strong. Hopefully, the right message and actions will be taken despite the result.

This wicket at Eden Gardens was not the best one. It was not a result wicket' date=' in my opinion. We were lucky to get a result.[b'] Not to take anything away from our effort, but this is not an ideal Test wicket.
if it wasnt a result wicket, then you are obviously not taking away anything from our performance
I guess a pitch that will crack faster than they do in RSA' date= Aus, Eng et al and from what i've seen from the kolkata pitch y'day, its a very hard surface which won't be cracking very soon hence nullifying our spin attack. It is not the question of whether our spinner will capitalize on a pitch that will assist their bowling but it is about giving what the team asks you to give them. What the Kolkata curator did was wrong and the news reports of Tendulkar meeting Dalmiya, BCCI asking him to make rank turner etc just puts our cricketer on the wrong side of the bridge.
So you wanted a pitch to crack in the first session of first day? Otherwise I dont understand why you created this thread in the first day itself?
So you wanted a pitch to crack in the first session of first day? Otherwise I dont understand why you created this thread in the first day itself?
It didn't crack at all and spin bowlers were left on to exploit the roughs created by fast bowlers' foot marks. This was nowhere a wicket that was tailored made to produce a result, a combination of senseless batting and terrific bowling from our part helped us draw level. I would not want to watch such pitches ever because 9/10 times these pitches would yield boring run fest. Only one good thing in this pitch was the true carry that had stayed constant throughout the 5 days, and besides that it was a rock solid pitch where sunny kept mentioning a batting beauty for most part of his pitch assessment over every new dawn.
It didn't crack at all and spin bowlers were left on to exploit the roughs created by fast bowlers' foot marks. This was nowhere a wicket that was tailored made to produce a result' date=' a combination of senseless batting and terrific bowling from our part helped us draw level. I would not want to watch such pitches ever because 9/10 times these pitches would yield boring run fest. Only one good thing in this pitch was the true carry that had stayed constant throughout the 5 days, and besides that it was a rock solid pitch where sunny kept mentioning a batting beauty for most part of his pitch assessment over every new dawn.[/quote'] So you knew very first day that it is not going to crack? And dont know what you guys are ranting on for? A good pitch is supposed to last for 5 day which means it should behave good for 5 days. Agreed that after 3.4 days pitch starts deteriorating and starts helping spinner, but a good pitch is the one in which batsmen with some application and skills should be able to bat on. If pitch starts behaving too much on 4th or 5th day, then that is not a good pitch.A cricket match should be battle between skills of players of two teams and pitch should play minimal role. Credit to us, we have shown to the world we can win in good pitch i.e. without any help from the pitch. So we should be proud of our victory. Credit to Amla and co the way they fought in second innings. They showed lot of grit and determination but a better team won. Also everyone was praising this pitch including Bhajji, Laxman and Amla.
Bhajji - : "This was a better wicket than Nagpur.
Laxman: "It's a pretty good pitch. I think you can still bat on it for extended periods of time"
Amla:t was a very good wicket. we could have saved it;
So you knew very first day that it is not going to crack? And dont know what you guys are ranting on for? A good pitch is supposed to last for 5 day which means it should behave good for 5 days. Agreed that after 3.4 days pitch starts deteriorating and starts helping spinner, but a good pitch is the one in which batsmen with some application and skills should be able to bat on. If pitch starts behaving too much on 4th or 5th day, then that is not a good pitch.A cricket match should be battle between skills of players of two teams and pitch should play minimal role. Credit to us, we have shown to the world we can win in good pitch i.e. without any help from the pitch. So we should be proud of our victory. Credit to Amla and co the way they fought in second innings. They showed lot of grit and determination but a better team won. Also everyone was praising this pitch including Bhajji, Laxman and Amla.
When laxman and Amla said its a good wicket, they obviously meant for the batsman and had SA batsmen applied themselves like the Indian batsmen they could've never lost this test. The reason why we lost Nagpur was because we had Saha coming in for Laxman who couldn't stitch a partnership with MSD and help India avoid follow on. But in this test Laxman came in when India were struggling to get a lead past 100ish, but his presence in the middle meant MSD can play his attacking strokes rather than blocking with his ugly defensive tactics. And the reason I knew the pitch won't deteriorate was because of the grass that were left out on the strip. This was not a green top neither a pitch that would deteriorate, it was firmly held with a pinch of grass all over it and one of the main reason why it did not start cracking. You lot are praising this wicket because we won, Bhajji showed up because of the 'x' factor and his love for Kolkata (no matter what wicket you give him here, he'll sodomize the opponents, its the confidence he carries here now). Had we played somewhere else I don't think it would have been that easy for Bhajji to change his fortunes in bout 1 test match (not judging his abilities, but its hard for anyone to turn from a sh!t bowler to match winning in just one match).
When laxman and Amla said its a good wicket' date=' they obviously meant for the batsman and had SA batsmen applied themselves like the Indian batsmen they could've never lost this test. The reason why we lost Nagpur was because we had Saha coming in for Laxman who couldn't stitch a partnership with MSD and help India avoid follow on. But in this test Laxman came in when India were struggling to get a lead past 100ish, but his presence in the middle meant MSD can play his attacking strokes rather than blocking with his ugly defensive tactics. [/quote'] If a batsman says it is a good wicket doesn't mean it is a flat pitch and a bowler says so , it doesn't mean it is a dust bowl. They are professionals and they know whats a good pitch and whats not so good pitch. Remember when Rahul hit 175 in Ahmedabad, he said this is a good batting track and his innings could be measured only at the end. And your theory that had SA batsmen applied themselves they would never have lost. Thats what test cricket is all about. If a team can apply but pitch misbehaves so much whats the point in playing in 5th day? A better team which can apply themselves should be successful and Indian bowler with good bowling didn't allow them to apply. Credit where credit's due.
You lot are praising this wicket because we won, Bhajji showed up because of the 'x' factor and his love for Kolkata (no matter what wicket you give him here, he'll sodomize the opponents, its the confidence he carries here now). Had we played somewhere else I don't think it would have been that easy for Bhajji to change his fortunes in bout 1 test match (not judging his abilities, but its hard for anyone to turn from a sh!t bowler to match winning in just one match)
. Bhajji always excel when there is turn and bounce and this pitch was perfect for him. Agreed it was not turning too much , but Bhajji bowled very well. .
When some people dont have anything worthwhile to write' date=' they start writing S***[/quote'] I'm sorry sir. I am here only to state my opinion which I did and not to change others'. I tried to reason with the best effort I could, but then you keep erasing the circle and ask me to draw a bigger circle.
When some people dont have anything worthwhile to write' date=' they start writing S***[/quote'] I know. Its very disrespectful. Anyway, I just wanted to say that your opinions and knowledge about cricket match with another esteemed poster of ICF: transparent. If you can, you should look up some of his threads, and posts. They're quite informative.
I know. Its very disrespectful. Anyway, I just wanted to say that your opinions and knowledge about cricket match with another esteemed poster of ICF: transparent. If you can, you should look up some of his threads, and posts. They're quite informative.
Winning on a sporting pitch only adds on to the excitement and celebrations! :yay:
Speak of the devil :creep:
I know. Its very disrespectful. Anyway, I just wanted to say that your opinions and knowledge about cricket match with another esteemed poster of ICF: transparent. If you can, you should look up some of his threads, and posts. They're quite informative.
Well.. All I can say is when you cant debate, you start personal attack and when mods start doing it , you know there's something wrong :nervous: