BCCI wants Australia to play two tests in India!

Bumblebee

Whats wrong with 2 tests? It is better than 7 ODIs.
I am not against a two test match series with Australia per se, I am against a two test match series against Australia, this year. Its quite clearly a case of test match overkill. We're playing enough cricket already this season. More importantly, it marginalizes the importance of the Border-Gavaskar trophy, which has, in recent years, evolved to become to the most competitive bilateral test series played b/w two test match nations, even overtaking the Ashes. I do not want the essence of that series to be diluted. Can you imagine Australia and England playing a stop-gap 2 test match series b/w two Ashes series, when they have some free time in their calendar?
I am not against a two test match series with Australia per se, I am against a two test match series against Australia, this year. Its quite clearly a case of test match overkill. We're playing enough cricket already this season. More importantly, it marginalizes the importance of the Border-Gavaskar trophy, which has, in recent years, evolved to become to the most competitive bilateral test series played b/w two test match nations, even overtaking the Ashes. I do not want the essence of that series to be diluted. Can you imagine Australia and England playing a stop-gap 2 test match series b/w two Ashes series, when they have some free time in their calendar?
ECB isn't singly focusing on ruining Int'l cricket by creating a useless T20 tournament though. I am quite sure that you dont believe that BCCI is doing this out of truly wanting test cricket - they are calling for test matches because EVERYONE criticized how the #1 team in the world was going to play 3 test matches this year. I'd rather want 3 test matches though in the series vs. Australia, rather than 2 but 2 is better than 0. I dont mind it at all. In fact, I'd rather we go to Australia and play too.
ECB isn't singly focusing on ruining Int'l cricket by creating a useless T20 tournament though. I am quite sure that you dont believe that BCCI is doing this out of truly wanting test cricket - they are calling for test matches because EVERYONE criticized how the #1 team in the world was going to play 3 test matches this year. I'd rather want 3 test matches though. I dont mind it at all. In fact, I'd rather we go to Australia and play too.
You dont get it, I am not doubting their intentions. Who does not want test cricket, in general? But their execution is wrong. a) We are already scheduled to playy enough tests this year, what with 2 unscheduled test match series happening. There's no need for a third. Thats just pure overkill. I am not exactly sure of the FTP, but I believe NZ is coming home for a 3 test match series and then we're visiting South Africa for another 3 match series. The Aussie series will make it 13 tests for the year. In my opinion, that is two too many. b) More importantly, as I said, I dont want the BG trophy to be marginalized like this. Slowly but surely, it has built the reputation of being the most competitive bilateral test match series going around, especially after years of one-sided Ashes contests. I dont want that brand to be diluted.

All in favor for a 3 test match series instead of the boring 7 ODI charade. Having said that, the stadia are replete with people for the ODIs. I would like to see tests only in Chennai, Blore, Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkatta - full stop. 5 Major test centres and we can play the minnows at Kanpur and maybe Mohali. Only play tests where ppl want to watch them - play ODIs everywhere else.

All in favor for a 3 test match series instead of the boring 7 ODI charade. Having said that, the stadia are replete with people for the ODIs. I would like to see tests only in Chennai, Blore, Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkatta - full stop. 5 Major test centres and we can play the minnows at Kanpur and maybe Mohali. Only play tests where ppl want to watch them - play ODIs everywhere else.
Kanpur is a traditional venue, it has to be up there with Calcutta, Blore etc. Those should be the 6. I hate Mohali for the simple reason that no one was there when Sachin broke Lara's record and it was against the Aussies. If they're not gonna be able to get people in against them, what's the use of giving them matches against other opposition.
Kanpur is a traditional venue, it has to be up there with Calcutta, Blore etc. Those should be the 6. I hate Mohali for the simple reason that no one was there when Sachin broke Lara's record and it was against the Aussies. If they're not gonna be able to get people in against them, what's the use of giving them matches against other opposition.
Which is why I have it in the second tier. top 5 + 2. I think Mohali is getting saturated with cricket in which case no tests need to go there. In general, it is obvious the impact a home crowd can have on the team. We need to match the demand for cricket with scheduling. Not schedule blindly which is how things typically seem to work.
Which is why I have it in the second tier. top 5 + 2. I think Mohali is getting saturated with cricket in which case no tests need to go there. In general, it is obvious the impact a home crowd can have on the team. We need to match the demand for cricket with scheduling. Not schedule blindly which is how things typically seem to work.
There doesn't need to be two tiers. Just split the tests betwen the 6 centres regardless of the opposition.
I can understand the frustrations' date=' but a two test series is better than no tests at all. BCCI screwed up and are now trying to make up. It will be difficult to fit in more than two. I am sure we will have longer tours soon.[/quote'] Exactly. It probably isn't possible to fit in 3 tests. If that happened, we'd probably complain of overkill as they're bound to matches around it.