BCCI wants Australia to play two tests in India!

Bumblebee

NEW DELHI: Buoyed by India's continuance at the top of the Test rankings perch, and chastened by widespread criticism last year over a lopsided schedule which saw the longer format pushed to the periphery, the Indian cricket board (BCCI) is now rooting for more Test cricket for the national team. Thus, after getting South Africa to say yes to a change in itinerary and play two Tests while curtailing the number of ODIs from five to three in the ongoing tour, the BCCI is trying to squeeze in some more Tests this year, even at the cost of sacrificing some ODIs. To begin with, while India are scheduled to play a 7-ODI series against Australia this year, BCCI is now mulling to host two Tests. It has already informed Cricket Australia (CA) about the plan. "We're certainly committed to more Tests And we're also keen to honour ICC's Future Tour Programme. We've already requested CA for two Tests and the board is waiting for a reply. Hopefully, CA will agree," a top BCCI official, who didn't wish to be named, told TOI on Friday. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/top-stories/BCCI-wants-Australia-to-play-two-Tests-in-India/articleshow/5594741.cms :two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:

I thought BCCI was the big daddy in cricket. make em an offer they can't refuse
There is a difference between SLCB and CA , CA will *have* to listen to the players, usually everything is planned many months in advance. Actually CA just might agree to it so India can play 5 tests on their next tour, which is better than playing Lanka or Windies or even Kiwis ...

I hate 2 match series - especially against top sides. Being that India are always slow starters, the first test match we are always playing catch up before we get into that really combative groove. What I am amazed about is - If BCCI have already found sponsors for that 7 ODI series against Aus , would they not object to playing tests instead of ODIS ?

This is now beginning to resemble the Indian harvesting season.. Its either a flood or drought. I do not want another meaningless 2 test series, just for the sake of test cricket. Besides, we're playing enough test matches this year, whats the need to 2 more? And are we not scheduled to visit Australia for the next edition of the Border-Gavaskar trophy? Whats the point of having an unscheduled series in b/w? Either ways, CA is almost sure to turn down the request.

This is now beginning to resemble the Indian harvesting season.. Its either a flood or drought. I do not want another meaningless 2 test series, just for the sake of test cricket. Besides, we're playing enough test matches this year, whats the need to 2 more? And are we not scheduled to visit Australia for the next edition of the Border-Gavaskar trophy? Whats the point of having an unscheduled series in b/w? Either ways, CA is almost sure to turn down the request.
Whats wrong with 2 tests? It is better than 7 ODIs.