BCCI wants Australia to play two tests in India!

Bumblebee

Australia are rather stringent on sticking to their prepared schedules. They might not agree - in fact one of the reasons I read somewhere (can't find the link right now) for having the 3 test series in Sri Lanka during July was that Australia had not agreed to the change from the original schedule of 7 ODIs as they wanted all the practice they can get in India ahead of the World Cup. A 2 test series is not ideal, but test cricket is test cricket and I will back any move to have more of it.

You dont get it, I am not doubting their intentions. Who does not want test cricket, in general? But their execution is wrong. a) We are already scheduled to playy enough tests this year, what with 2 unscheduled test match series happening. There's no need for a third. Thats just pure overkill. I am not exactly sure of the FTP, but I believe NZ is coming home for a 3 test match series and then we're visiting South Africa for another 3 match series. The Aussie series will make it 13 tests for the year. In my opinion, that is two too many. b) More importantly, as I said, I dont want the BG trophy to be marginalized like this. Slowly but surely, it has built the reputation of being the most competitive bilateral test match series going around, especially after years of one-sided Ashes contests. I dont want that brand to be diluted.
sriram....what's the schedule from March to August. I don't think we're playing any test match cricket at that time.