All time Indian Test Match XI

Texan

Amar and Nissar def were one of the best opening bowlers India had, though I would still prefer Srinath over Amar Singh. Amar Singh was a seamer and a little slower than Nissar. Srinath could seam and swing the bowl at good pace and on his day was unplayable. Besides, he got 200+ wickets with little support at the other end. Nissar would def be in my line-up though.
Srinath is a very good bowler (and one of my favs) so I wouldn't debate his inclusion as I would not if someone were to pick Amar over Sri. Though Amar being slower than Nissar means little as Nissar is arguably Ind's fastest bowler. I would consider (imagine) Amar being on par with Kapil at his best. Also Hammond said Amar was one of the best bowlers of new ball and Jardine said he would like to have someone like Amar in his side to test Bradman so that's good enough for me!
Why no Laxman? IMHO' date=' Lax can easily walk into Indian Test XI if not the World XI.[/quote'] No, Laxman, in my opinion, cannot be selected ahead of Azhar or Vishwanath. Azhar at his best was more destructive than Laxman and was successful against all the teams he had played against , home or away and was India's best batsman between 1989 and 1993. He was only second best to Tendulkar since 1993 until his retirement. Vishwanath was good enough to be compared against Gavaskar at his peak, in fact, many former cricketers considered him to be better than Gavaskar. Though I would refrain from putting Vishy over Gavaskar, he was comparable to Azhar.