Australian players including Hayden, Gilchrist and Warne clash with Pwnting over IPL

cowboysfan

If that were the case' date=' big bash would be better.[/quote'] Its all about the experience. A IPL game is more like an Indian movie, it has brash loud music (difference is IPL airs the original but Indian music composers copy the original), stupid inane dialogues (from such commentators as Siva, Rameez), dancing in short skirts and is 4 hours in length. It should and is similar to an entertainment experience. Although it would be hard, we can certainly pull it off without Aus, Eng and NZ players.

Also the fact is that the word of the Government of India has way more credibility than that of the Government of Pakistan. When it says it will provide security people do believe it because it can do so. We saw that recently in Maharashtra on the visit of Rahul Gandhi and the release of MNIK. If the government is hell bent on providing full proof security, they will do it. There have been instances in the past where same concerns have been raised but they have been brushed aside, definitely more because of financial incentives but the word of GoI does also play a hand.

Its all about the experience. A IPL game is more like an Indian movie, it has brash loud music (difference is IPL airs the original but Indian music composers copy the original), stupid inane dialogues (from such commentators as Siva, Rameez), dancing in short skirts and is 4 hours in length. It should and is similar to an entertainment experience. Although it would be hard, we can certainly pull it off without Aus, Eng and NZ players.
Yeah, you could pull it off but it would lose significant interest still, I'm sure. It would become more like just a state thing, ala big bash. Would lose the world wide interest, which it currently has. Hope no one pulls out, as I'm looking forward to it. I personally think no Aussies will pull out, I'm pretty confident they will go.
Guest DeveGowda

IPL wont lose the Popularity because it created enough hype in last 2 Seasons... But Quality will be definitely NOT be good....Even with all International Stars some of the matches are absolutely pathetic... But no need to worry every one will come and we will get to see a good tournment...

You guys are kidding if you think IPL will be the same without the overseas players. Having all these internationals playing together is what makes the whole thing worth watching.
Not without all. I am sure SL, WI and SA players would have no problem playing. At worst case, it is probably without Aus, Eng and NZ players. Aus and Eng players hardly took part (apart from retired and fringe players) in the 1st 2 editions, so IPL could still go on as usual even if some of them pull out. Obviously, Warne and Gilly are the 2 big names from Aus but they could be replaced with a little hit in popularity. RR would probably go down in value as they have no other star but its something RR has to be ready for starting next year anyway.
Not without all. I am sure SL' date=' WI and SA players would have no problem playing. At worst case, it is probably without Aus, Eng and NZ players. Aus and Eng players hardly took part (apart from retired and fringe players) in the 1st 2 editions, so IPL could still go on as usual even if some of them pull out. Obviously, Warne and Gilly are the 2 big names from Aus but they could be replaced with a little hit in popularity. RR would probably go down in value as they have no other star but its something RR has to be ready for starting next year anyway.[/quote'] I agree that with 1/2 the participation it would still be good. There a few NZ players who do play a part and like you mentioned a few aussies as well. I would definitely hate for it to be moved out of India though.

I think many of you are missing the point here. The security in India is definitely a concern. The government has proved to be largely inept at protecting lives. It is not a question of whether you can bring people to your country based on financial lure. They should perceive that it is a country they want to come to.

I'm with Gunner on this one. I think the Players Associations demands for security plans are totally reasonable. It is their duty to look out for their members and it's sad that Lalit Modi refuses to recognize them or co-operate with them to ease the concerns players might have.

here is what we need to do: provide some serious security for the games thus ensuring the safety of both the players and the spectators. and then, once a successful tournament is hosted... then go back to the list. almost shindlereque... except, with nefarious intent. mani ought to be the first name, followed by the above reg dickason, and ensure that these imbiciles never have a job or for that fact, anything to do once the crack team of modi and his stooges are through with them. its time for a good ole witch hunt... i say bring back senator McCarthy...

I think many of you are missing the point here. The security in India is definitely a concern. The government has proved to be largely inept at protecting lives. It is not a question of whether you can bring people to your country based on financial lure. They should perceive that it is a country they want to come to.
I have different views on this, but debating on this thread would completely derail this thread from cricket to politics.
I'm with Gunner on this one. I think the Players Associations demands for security plans are totally reasonable. It is their duty to look out for their members and it's sad that Lalit Modi refuses to recognize them or co-operate with them to ease the concerns players might have.
I agree with sreej. All said and done - Modi has marketed a great product which is the IPL, but his authoritarian way of running what he seems to think is his personal fiefdom doesn't help things one bit. I for one couldn't care less if the IPL never happened, it would get the players in the India team some rest. The IPL is also not just an advantage to India, like Jacues Kallis says, it also provides the opportunity for foriegn players to play more often in India and soak the pressure of big crowds, experience the pitches, learn more about them and help them better prepare for future tours to India.
Not without all. I am sure SL' date=' WI and SA players would have no problem playing. At worst case, it is probably without Aus, Eng and NZ players. Aus and Eng players hardly took part (apart from retired and fringe players) in the 1st 2 editions, so IPL could still go on as usual even if some of them pull out. Obviously, Warne and Gilly are the 2 big names from Aus but they could be replaced with a little hit in popularity. RR would probably go down in value as they have no other star but its something RR has to be ready for starting next year anyway.[/quote'] SA players have raised concerns
IPL is overrated
damn right
blacklist all the players who don't come citing security reasons .. come one how can one compare security situation in India with tht of pakistan's .. all US propaganda ..
Its not about comparing with Pakistan. Regardless of how it may be compared to Pakistan, do you really think Indian security is that good. Look at the number of attacks that have taken place in India and now Al-Qaeda (313 brigade) has issued a threat, which seems to be credible. The players have every right to question the security provided for them