Australian players including Hayden, Gilchrist and Warne clash with Pwnting over IPL

cowboysfan

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/twenty20/ipl/7280843/England-players-urged-to-miss-Indian-Premier-League-by-security-experts.html Telegraph Sport understands the report, commissioned by the players’ unions in England, Australia and South Africa and written by the England team’s security adviser Reg Dickason, will state the players’ safety cannot be guaranteed and threats issued by al-Qaeda sources last week were credible. Fica, the international players’ union, expects a mass pull-out of players from the tournament this week unless security concerns are addressed or the IPL is moved out of India. -------------------------------------------------- if foreign players are scared to come to india for the ipl then there is very little chance they will come for the world cup as i dont see the security situation improving in 12 months.
Guest DeveGowda

these kind of issues will always be there..intially foriegn playesr will be Nervous..but eventually i thnk Most of them will come (no body wants to miss good money)... Problem is Boards put Security issues on players head only..they are washed their hands... but if we see reaction from OZ hocky coach and others who are commited to Hockey World Cup we can get all players coming to india...any way Hockey world cup will be Finish before IPL Even though majotity of playesr absent IPL wont devalued i think (indian players will carry the tourney )..but Competiiton may not be Great... oh i forgot about cricket world cup..that will be serious issue..may be Governments has to involve in that case...

This won't just be about IPL or the World Cup. If teams refuse to tour India and treat it like Pakistan, i.e. no Home tours for India, cricket will suffer majorly - both as a game and also financially. I doubt this happening as there is too much financial investments that has been made and a solution will be found in the end.

Guest DeveGowda
This won't just be about IPL or the World Cup. If teams refuse to tour India and treat it like Pakistan' date=' i.e. no Home tours for India, cricket will suffer majorly - both as a game and also [b']financially. I doubt this happening as there is too much financial investments that has been made and a solution will be found in the end.
You made a Very good point there....lot of people depends on cricket in India not only players and Viewers...

Adam Gilchrist & Andrew Symonds will come NO MATTER WHAT, they've said. Infact, Symo went to the extent of saying SA is a place he thinks he might get stabbed. This is all turning into an ego-war between the IPL & the Players Associations that the IPL don't recognize and care a carp about. In the end, only 3-4 players might pull out and the Players' Associations will proclaim "Victory". OR Players will shun their advice, travel, play and this will be the death of Players Associations' ridiculous interference. I hope its the 2nd coz I'm sick of PA chief's blabbering non-sense at every given opportunity :hehe:

Why do you need foreign players, just play with the domestic players. That will still do good enough. Although overseas players are good to have and is certainly fantastic for IPL I don't see any reason IPL won't be a success without the overseas players. The likes of Tendulkar, Ganguly, Sehwag, Dhoni, Rahul are good enough to draw enough crowd and earn good returns for IPL.

Why do you need foreign players' date=' just play with the domestic players. That will still do good enough. Although overseas players are good to have and is certainly fantastic for IPL I don't see any reason IPL won't be a success without the overseas players. The likes of Tendulkar, Ganguly, Sehwag, Dhoni, Rahul are good enough to draw enough crowd and earn good returns for IPL.[/quote'] u mean challenger trophy, this time with many more teams and way lesser # of star performers per team :hmmm:
Why do you need foreign players' date=' just play with the domestic players. That will still do good enough. Although overseas players are good to have and is certainly fantastic for IPL I don't see any reason IPL won't be a success without the overseas players. The likes of Tendulkar, Ganguly, Sehwag, Dhoni, Rahul are good enough to draw enough crowd and earn good returns for IPL.[/quote'] that is exactly what I was thinking a few minutes ago and nearly posted it halfway but did not post .. frankly speaking we have both the money and market for the survival of cricket .. BCCI can make any league a success on its own even if a single foreign player does not play .. BCCI and India can survive without foreign players and it will still remain highly profitable because the major market for cricket is in India .. on the other hand, world cricket cannot survive without BCCI and India and it is a known fact ... it is world cricket and not us which will suffer if some conspiracy theorist security agencies of foreign countries keep making too much of reservations .. in the Jaipur ODI yesterday the security was massive and BCCI is not leaving any stone unturned and I am quite sure about that .. one of the biggest farce about England I find is that they were fine with playing in India within weeks of Mumbai attacks and now they are making an issue when there is no big security threats .. anyways I somehow suspect the timing of the England security agencies as it was just after Modi told ECB to change their domestic cricket dates as it clashed with their CL T20 ... English teams are not sure of participating in CL this year and I dont know but has that something to do with this bogus security analysis
You have threats everywhere. More than Foreign Players, indian players are on hitlist. This has been norms of the sportsman's life. So they should stop *****ing. Ofcourse they will be provided high level security.
I think it is a bit unfair to say that they should stop effing because of terrorist threats. Terrorist are not going to attack them in their bedrooms :--D

Won't that mean it's lost easy to disrupt elsewhere than in India? What stops these idiots from not flying disrupting the tourney in Aussie, NZ or South Africa. I suppose it must be lot easier in these countries than say in India. They have bombed UK, USA and many other countries where security is fairly tight. They are capable of disrupting any game anywhere simply because they don't attack from the front, they hide bombs and generally attack cowardly. I'd say they should better take on an army and see if they can guts it out. There is no point in taking timid people's lives.

Guest DeveGowda
Won't that mean it's lost easy to disrupt elsewhere than in India? What stops these idiots from not flying disrupting the tourney in Aussie, NZ or South Africa. I suppose it must be lot easier in these countries than say in India. They have bombed UK, USA and many other countries where security is fairly tight. They are capable of disrupting any game anywhere simply because they don't attack from the front, they hide bombs and generally attack cowardly. I'd say they should better take on an army and see if they can guts it out. There is no point in taking timid people's lives.
But these are not happened in these Countries as regulerly as India...problem in India is we have some traitors inside this country who are shielded by our corrupt politicians...!
Why do you need foreign players' date=' just play with the domestic players. That will still do good enough. Although overseas players are good to have and is certainly fantastic for IPL I don't see any reason IPL won't be a success without the overseas players. The likes of Tendulkar, Ganguly, Sehwag, Dhoni, Rahul are good enough to draw enough crowd and earn good returns for IPL.[/quote'] If that were the case, big bash would be better.