M.F. Hussain accepts Qatar citizenship

Texy

6. We feel disappointed to see him relinquish his Indian nationality for Qatari citizenship.
All things considered one point that has been sadly forgotten is the country that is offering him citizenship - Qatar. I mean if this was a Western country that could still have been a case(freedom, security, diplomacy etc) but a lowly puny country like Qatar?? What the F's wrong with us? As an Indian I find it humiliating to say the least.

All things considered one point that has been sadly forgotten is the country that is offering him citizenship - Qatar. I mean if this was a Western country that could still have been a case(freedom' date=' security, diplomacy etc) but a lowly puny country like Qatar?? What the F's wrong with us? As an Indian I find it humiliating to say the least.[/quote'] No shame in that if you see how sinister it is for a a islamic country to support a muslim artist who has painted Hindu gods having sex with animals. When BJP supported Taslima do you see a double standard or the nobility in them?

none - so what exactly is your problem with whatever has happened so far in the MF Hussain case? that some posters said look our protests and handling of this case is not extreme as what some muslims did? that comparison itself is bad in your opinion? that we hindus can never say hey look don't jump on us, we are decent, and not going about killing people? the line drawn in whatever has happened legally in this case including filing of FIRs, public outrage in the form condemnation from various quarters, excluding the vandalism by sena, etc which is standard modus operandi for them. no we hindus don't issue fatwa, we don't declare jihad, we just want people to respect our religion and do it within the legal limits of our country which includes protests and legal recourse.
Yes comparing yourself with the lowest common denominator is the actual problem, because it is a slippery slope once you start that. An individual or a group defines its own principles and hold themselves to that standards. I dnt have a problem with whatever you stated,and as I stated in the original post, what I replied applies only to some and nt all (and it is clear you dont belong to the some), so the question really was to the some (tex1des being an example of that some) what is your line beyond which you will never go, or if someone goes you will condemn and disassociate yourself from them. Thats all I really wanted to know, where do they draw the line to the extent these protests can go? IS property damage and no lives lost OK? is some lives lost OK? if so how many etc etc. Hopefully it clears it for you too.

No shame in that if you see how sinister it is for a a islamic country to support a muslim artist who has painted Hindu gods having sex with animals. When BJP supported Taslima do you see a double standard or the nobility in them?
It was not only BJP who supported Taslima(although they do try to pimp it), Tasleema was supported by most of the political parties Congress included. And I did not see nobility per se since it is amply evident that as a nation India > BD. We are a plural society, more developed, more powerful, economically or militarily etc etc. Where do you compare Qatar and India? :nervous:

>>As an Indian I find it humiliating to say the least. as an Indian, I find it very shameful to see a MoFo depicting a respected figure in obscene positions and have an audacity to call it an ART. If a commonman was to do that to your neighbour he'd be called a pervert and face a lot of community anger. Mofo faced the same. I am not at all humiliated to see him go.

>>As an Indian I find it humiliating to say the least. as an Indian, I find it very shameful to see a MoFo depicting a respected figure in obscene positions and have an audacity to call it an ART. If a commonman was to do that to your neighbour he'd be called a pervert and face a lot of community anger. Mofo faced the same. I am not at all humiliated to see him go.
But aren't you feeling humiliated that he chose Qatar of all the countries than some progressive western democracy, even though you had no say in which country he chose to run away to? :hitler:

But aren't you feeling humiliated that he chose Qatar of all the countries than some progressive western democracy' date=' even though you had no say in which country he chose to run away to? :hitler:[/quote'] For me my Gods and Godesses humiliation is my humiliation and not some useless muslim pervert settling down in some Gulf country..I would say he is Free if he draws a naked Sheikh having sex with a Camel..Unless he does that and Qatari people appreciates that, I'll not feel anything for him.. Till then he and his supporters are hypocrites and pretenders..for me. Good Riddance...

But aren't you feeling humiliated that he chose Qatar of all the countries than some progressive western democracy' date=' even though you had no say in which country he chose to run away to? :hitler:[/quote'] If he wanted to paint Hindu gods in compromising positions with animals, freely without provoking anybody, then Qatar is the right place he has chosen. He should have chosen Pakistan, where it is even more free. So, we ought to feel no shame in him moving to a conservative close minded society where he can, at will, paint anything that is offensive about some other religion they love to hate.

If he wanted to paint Hindu gods in compromising positions with animals' date=' freely without provoking anybody, then Qatar is the right place he has chosen. [b']He should have chosen Pakistan, where it is even more free. So, we ought to feel no shame in him moving to a conservative close minded society where he can, at will, paint anything that is offensive about some other religion they love to hate.
Agree..He could've recieved Hero's welcome and would've been a state guest for life (whatever remaining). He could've got useful inputs from Hafiz Sayeed and ISI about more Hindu God nudity. Could've ensured Nishan-E-Pakistan down the line.. And why not. He has done what the Jihadis like..Abusing Indians and Hindus in particular and got away with murder..He is an Artist Terrorist..

LOL this thread is full of self righteous politically correct muppets. As for ol' nanga paw--draw of a couple of nude Mohammed cartoons in Qatar then argue for artistic freedom. GOOD RIDDANCE!!! Hope gayrukh takes a hint and ****s off too!!

Because SL was never a threat to us like pakistan.
According to wikipedia, R&AW created LTTE to keep a check on the Sri Lankan government. I don't know how true this is. But if it is true, we can concur that SL was a threat.
All things considered one point that has been sadly forgotten is the country that is offering him citizenship - Qatar. I mean if this was a Western country that could still have been a case(freedom' date=' security, diplomacy etc) but a lowly puny country like Qatar?? What the F's wrong with us? As an Indian I find it [b']humiliating to say the least.
We all do, pal. The people who like us and hate him... all of them will really miss MF saab.

I totally deny any threat to my life: Husain
MUMBAI: MF Husain is leading the media a merry dance. Barely a week after the 94-year-old painter claimed he was taking up citizenship of Qatar because he felt "unsafe" in India, he told Times Now in an exclusive interview that it's work and work alone that's keeping him in Qatar. "Of course I'm here on work," he told the news channel. "My work takes me all over and for the past 60 years I have been travelling on work. I've worked in New York, China, Russia, Paris and, most of all, in London," said the artist. While various political parties, activists, thinkers and creative people debated the consequences of Husain's revelation, it was evident that the artist had not considered the possibility of having to give up on Indian citizenship if he took on that of Qatar. "I'm a free bird. I can stay anywhere I want," he said. "I'm an artist of Indian origin, a painter, a creative person. There are no boundaries for me. Art speaks a universal language." On being asked about reports that said he was choosing to move to Qatar because he felt threatened in India, the painter categorically said, "I totally deny them." When prodded about the media reports, he added, "It's the privilege of the media to say what it likes, we live in a great democracy." Whether he wanted to come back to India at all, Husain was clear: "Of course I'll come back. I can come back today, tomorrow or in 10 years but I will. I'm the master of all my movements. And more than 99% Indians love me and treat me with warmth. After all, India is my birth place," he said. Evidently, you can't take India out of this Indian.

Reminds me of a touching speech by a pedophile leader in South Park. They also wanted to do what they feel like.
Comparing Domestic nut-cases/ goondas with the Taliban is a favorite Leftist tactic that apparently works very well in India. Self righteous hypocrites- a very dangerous and ugly species.

Let someone paint his mom nude then see if he has the same view. Comparing Domestic nut-cases/ goondas with the Taliban is a favorite Leftist tactic that apparently works very well in India. Self righteous hypocrites- a very dangerous and ugly species.
I agree man, taking the blame is the new "IT".

I agree man' date=' taking the blame is the new "IT".[/quote'] Chardonnay sipping fur wearing feudal elites are increasing becoming more and more concerned about the rising middle class. They see their influence eroding away quickly. Most casteist discriminatory people of the country lecture others on social issues. These "people" control the media in India...and public opinion.

Chardonnay sipping fur wearing feudal elites are increasing becoming more and more concerned about the rising middle class. They see their influence eroding away quickly. Most casteist discriminatory people of the country lecture others on social issues. These "people" control the media in India...and public opinion.
lol, do you have a aluminum foil hat too?