Hockey World Cup - India v Pakistan World Cup game at Delhi (2035 IST)

Gambit

Jugraj Singh was an exceptional and exciting player' date=' a proper athlete, real live wire on the field. Unfortunately, he couldnt recover well after his accident.[/quote'] yeah , but fortunately for us we have found quite a few top notch drag flickers ...Sandeep singh we all know is amongst the best now & apart from him we have Ragunath and Diwakar . Gagan Ajit singh was much bigger loss , just watch the two goals form him in the same match i was talking about earlier . the second goal is just wow [ame=
Gagan Ajit Singh - The Indian Hockey Legend[/ame]

Great win for us today! I have to say that I was apprehensive about the match, Pakistan do have a good side and we have been off colour and off form for a long time though we completely out-played them today and hopefully that's a sign for good things to come in the World Cup. I went to all of the England-India games last summer in Birmingham (met all the players too as my dad used to play hockey professionally and is friends some higher-ups), I definitely thought there was potential and spirit in the side. We actually deserved to win the series but because of a ridiculous string of poor decisions against us and poor finishing on our part, we somehow lost the decisive final game. Now we have brought in a couple more youngsters like Diwakar etc, we do look a better side for it. Also, Sandeep Singh showed how important he is for us with another great display and a couple of brilliant penalty corners. Him, Chandi, Rajpal, Sardar, Mahadik and practically everyone else was very impressive - but for me the man of the match was Gurbaj Singh. He was amazing down the right hand side, showing great composure and skill running the ball out of defence while his tackling was also top-notch. Great game all round...chak de India!

yeah , but fortunately for us we have found quite a few top notch drag flickers ...Sandeep singh we all know is amongst the best now & apart from him we have Ragunath and Diwakar . Gagan Ajit singh was much bigger loss , just watch the two goals form him in the same match i was talking about earlier . the second goal is just wow
I remember watching both of those goals live, that was probably the best match I've ever seen. Champions Trophy in Holland right? I still have the video tape of the match at home :dance:

yeah , but fortunately for us we have found quite a few top notch drag flickers ...Sandeep singh we all know is amongst the best now & apart from him we have Ragunath and Diwakar . Gagan Ajit singh was much bigger loss , just watch the two goals form him in the same match i was talking about earlier . the second goal is just wow
Totally agreee. Asked the same question here :
GAMBIT - Question for you mate ! I was a huge follower of the hockey team for 3 years 2002-2004 till they started playing cr@p. One player that always stood out for me was Gagan Ajit Singh. I don't see him in the current squad. Where has he disappeared ?
http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=210350&page=2 Those 2 goals in the 2002 championstrophy is some of the greatest hockey I have ever seen.

i saw that match live on TV... both the goals were out of this world, truly amazing . A legend.

2003 or 04 ? the first game of the same tournament , India we leading 3-0 with 10 mins to go against Holland & lost 4-3 in the and & in the play offs for 3rd place we beat Pak 7-2 . that team had some really top quality players . Gagan Ajit Singh & Jugraj , where potential greats whom we lost unfortunately to career ending injuries . Jugraj had a serious car accident .
ohh yes i mixed gagn ajit singh with prabhjot! i was talking bout these two reverse shots!! rem seing them live! and wow! best goals ever!

Shivendra Singh suspended for three matches NEW DELHI: In-form Shivendra Singh has been slapped a three-match suspension for deliberately hitting a Pakistani player last night and the Indian team management on Monday appealed to the World Cup tournament director against the suspension. "Shivendra was found deliberately hitting a Pakistani player in the eye in last night's match which earned him a three-match suspension," International Hockey Federation (FIH) spokesman Arjen Meijer said. "India, however, is free to appeal against the ban and if they do so, an appeal jury would be set up to look into their appeal," Meijer explained. A Hockey India official said an appeal has already been lodged against the suspension. "We already have made an appeal to tournament director Kean Read against the appeal. We have deposited the Euro 600 as appeal fee," the official added. Shivendra is a crucial cog in the forward-line and he opened India's account against Pakistan on Sunday by scoring from a rebound. India play Australia in the next Pool B match on Tuesday, followed by ties against Spain (Thursday) and England (Saturday). link :nervous:

Fantastic Game! It wasn't the greatest in terms of skills, but the emotions and passion made it extremely watchable, not to mention the final result! Sandeep was excellent, but my man of the match was Gurbaz who thwarted just about every possible Pakistani attack in the 1st half, a key into going into the 2nd half with a 2-0 lead. Other key points: 1. Sohail hitting the bar in the 1st half PC. Had that gone in, Pak would have gained the confidence. 2. Scoring the 3rd almost instantaneously in the beginning of the 2nd half. It gave the impetus for 1 team, and demoralized the other. @Prudent, dude I cannot help but ask ..... are you by any chance an Argentine football fan?