Potential bidders for two new IPL franchises (Pune and Kochi selected)

SachDan

are there any good players from kerala?? ipl teams need to have 8 local players i think. they will mosdef sign sree as their icon player :) what would be the names youd give the two teams?? serious suggestions please. how bout cochin cobras and pune punishers or pune pride ??? the new stadium pune is planning looks really nice!! with 55k seat. almost looks like the new chennai stadium (after it is finished). http://www.hopkins.co.uk/projects/_3,135/ i hope one city builds a mcg like stadium (looks like noida is going to build a 1 lakh seat stadium).

Guest Hiten.

Man there are too many stadia in India already. Why can't they upgrade the current ones instead of building an entire new stadium :wall:

kochi stadium has floodlights.i wonder why they need a new ground.
The Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium at Kochi is owned by the Greater Cochin Development Authority. For IPL matches to take place there, it will have to be leased from the GCDA. KCA is building a new stadium in the outskirts of Cochin which will be ready by 2012. Also the floodlights at JLN stadium are suited more for football. New lights needs to be erected for cricket.

Guest DeveGowda

From cricinfo - One of kochin team owners I'm just a businessman and have absolutely no idea about the game of cricket. It is just business for me - Mukesh Patel, one of the co-owners of the new Kochi IPL franchise, makes it clear why he's sunk in his millions into the Twenty20 league Atleast this guy is frank ....! (not like KKR or KXI )

apparently chochin will be named "kerala tuskers". if jaypee group had won they would have named them "cobras" i'm curious what they will name the pune team, they should implement shivaji maharaj in their logo and/or name. i hope sahara doenst mess it up calling them "air sahara pune" etc.

MI already represent whole of Maharashtra.they didnt need a seperate Pune team.similarly CSK represent Kerala n TN but thats still understandable. i would rather have had an Ahmedabad team n possibly MP team .if we started mking city based team thee could be atleast 50 teams.is Modi planning that:omg: