How to counter Malinga

spectre

Malinga being a good death over bowler is mostly due to the fact that he send yorkers one after the other. Its almost every other ball he bowls. I observe most if not all batsman playing from deep within the crease, invariably blocking it or digging it out for a single My question is - why dont batsman come down one or two steps OR stand way outside the crease to turn those fullish deliveries into full tosses and smack it Why don't they try it. Is it difficult Can some members here who play cricket at a competitive level answer this

You can not be coming out of your crease or standing out to every delivery. He bowls at least 2 yorkers every over but they come about at random times. you just have to stand straight with one foot in your crease and tackle them as they come. You can either take a wide stride out of the crease and steer them in the gaps. As VVVSL said, you will see Gambhir do it plenty of times against malinga. A backfoot straight punch like dhoni does can also work.

Apart from the deadly yorkers, he also bowls very good slower ones, with considerable change of pace.i agree he bowls a couple of balls down the leg side every over, especially if the batsmen picks up a four or two early in the over. i think he went for plenty in the last few matches of last year's IPL.