Vivah !!

veer

Some people might find this movie cheesy, but some messages in this movie are very touchy.. Barjatya always try to show Indian values and customs.. I dont wanna reveal story too much but he promotes family values, appreciation for girl child, hindi bhasha etc in this movie.. there are no shots of foreign scenery so he doesnt take us as stupid... Movie is not a masterpiece.. but it is worth watching..

Re: Vivah !!

Suraj Barjatya movie...aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg!!! :doh: never again!
i dont understand it.. you promote 2 out of 3 things that I mentioned above.. i.e hindi bhasha and importance of women in society.. and you still dont like it... :eew:

Barjatya always try to show Indian values and customs.. I dont wanna reveal story too much but he promotes family values, appreciation for girl child, hindi bhasha etc in this movie.. there are no shots of foreign scenery so he doesnt take us as stupid...
You should perhaps update that to Barjatya "used to" show Indian values and customs. Movies like Nadiya Ke paar, Ankhiyon ke Jharokon se, Chitchor, Dosti were testament of that. Their movies started going downhill post Maine Pyaar Kiya. While a viewer could identify wholesomely with a Nadiya ke Paar, there is no way any viewer can identify with Hum Aapke Hain Kaun...even though they are actually the same story. The former is based in Indian countryside the latter in well la la land. Vivaah? The less said the better. xxx

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Vivah !! I had one problem though how come all the girls who spurn heros overtures in hindi movies turn out to be $lut.. isn't it a classic case of grapes are sour :wtg:

Barjatya always try to show Indian values and customs.. I dont wanna reveal story too much but he promotes family values, appreciation for girl child, hindi bhasha etc in this movie.. there are no shots of foreign scenery so he doesnt take us as stupid...
You should perhaps update that to Barjatya "used to" show Indian values and customs. Movies like Nadiya Ke paar, Ankhiyon ke Jharokon se, Chitchor, Dosti were testament of that. Their movies started going downhill post Maine Pyaar Kiya. While a viewer could identify wholesomely with a Nadiya ke Paar, there is no way any viewer can identify with Hum Aapke Hain Kaun...even though they are actually the same story. The former is based in Indian countryside the latter in well la la land. Vivaah? The less said the better. xxx
IIRC, MPK was Sooraj's first movie. too bad he destroyed whatever legacy his buzurgs built.

pata he.. so you are saying movies should not contain any messages.. ??
C'mon veer...do we really need to be told to respect women...and to love families and our language....... And do youthink people who don't will go for a movie and come out changed people....it doesn't happen that way. besides.....subtle messages is one thing but ramming the love your fmily theme down peoples throat is kind of silly.

Re: Vivah !! i am making a movie, veer: i get SRK to sit on top of a rock near the grand canyon and preach that everyone to be true, humble and kind, have virgins for wives and respect their moms. hearing this, Salman says "Swami, you have set me free--i am free bird" and jumps into the abyss. with his last few breaths, he says, SRKswami, you have given me moksha--a touching last scene. looks like i have a run-away hit, what with the "message" funda.

pata he.. so you are saying movies should not contain any messages.. ??
C'mon veer...do we really need to be told to respect women...and to love families and our language....... And do youthink people who don't will go for a movie and come out changed people....it doesn't happen that way. besides.....subtle messages is one thing but ramming the love your fmily theme down peoples throat is kind of silly.
no you common.. you are seriously underestimating affects of hindi movies on ordinary people.. i was in bombay after long time.. and i was amazed at long hair and body building craze on guys.. and how did that happen?? cuz of john abrahams and hritik roshans.. Major reason that India is losing culture is because of high dose of vulgarity shown in movies in last 5-6 years.. I was listening to BBC news this morning about India that more and more young couples are forcing parents out of the house and telling them to live in Vridhashram in the name of freedom... who is to blame for that?? its "Murder" and "KANK" culture.. I feel its my duty to promote movies like VIVAH because that is the culture I grew up in and that is the culture I believe in. But i just remembered you are SRK movie type fan so i can see that it will be hard for you to appreciate these types of movies.. Anyways, I seriously hate my lack of writing skills that i am not explaining you better..