Saddam likely to be hanged this weekend....

beetle

Re: Saddam likely to be hanged this weekend.... I was reading about this in the paper yesterday, and it kind of sickened me. Yes, he may be a b@$t@rd, and he may be responsible for so much tragedy, but the media seem to be getting a kick out of this news. No matter what someone's done, taking a life is never right, and I don't approve of how the papers are rubbing their hands together in eagerness. It reminds me of those sick fuks that have videos of executions on their mobile phones...

Re: Saddam likely to be hanged this weekend.... CoB..just the other day..one landlord in bihar chopped off the ten fingers of a 10 yesrs old girl...because she was stealing some vegetables from his farm land..she was a very poor girl... what kind of punishment would you suggest for him..? fingers for fingers.. ask the families of those shia families whose members this saddam got murdered...they want a public execution for him...

Re: Saddam likely to be hanged this weekend.... Yeah he deserves to die, but I am not comfortable with the fact that many other fundoo criminals are "allies" with GWB and this guy gets executed. Not to mention, the present beautiful situation in Iraq (from their perspective) because of GWB, not Saddam.

Re: Saddam likely to be hanged this weekend.... Must be the most expensive death sentence ever - hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis killed, billions of dollars spent, a country left in shambles. All to get one guy hung. Not worth the price. Atleast there was a country during his regime. Now there is just anarchy.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Saddam likely to be hanged this weekend.... RIP Sir........... u may have been a pri$k for kurdish and shiaites people but were always a dependable ally of India against paki efforts in OIC meetings

Re: Saddam likely to be hanged this weekend.... Lights out for Saddam !

BREAKING NEWS NBC, MSNBC and news services Updated: 12:28 a.m. ET Dec. 30, 2006 BAGHDAD, Iraq - Three years after he was hauled from a hole in the ground by pursuing U.S. forces, Saddam Hussein was hanged Saturday under a sentence imposed by an Iraqi court, an Iraqi official told NBC News. The deposed president was found guilty over the killing of 148 members of the Shiite population of the town of Dujail after militants tried to assassinate him there in 1982, during Iraq?s war with Shiite Iran. Asked if Saddam were dead, the official in the Iraqi prime minister's office said, ?Yes, the body of Saddam Hussein is in front of me.? "Criminal Saddam was hanged to death," state-run Iraqiya television said. The station played patriotic music and showed images of national monuments and other landmarks. Witnesses to the execution told NBC News? Richard Engel that they were cheering around the body of Saddam after the execution. NBC could hear cheers and celebrations in the background while talking to an official in the prime minister?s office. ?This son of a bitch is lying under my feet.? I can't talk now because of all the cheers!" a witness said. NBC News reported that gunfire, presumably celebratory, could be heard in Baghdad after the executions. Three Iraqi officials who attended the execution said only he was executed on Saturday, and that his half-brother and another former regime official would hang after the weekend Islamic religious holiday. The holiday ends Tuesday for Sunnis and Wednesday for Shiites. National security adviser Mouwafak al-Rubaie told state-run Iraqiya TV that only Saddam was executed Saturday. "We wanted him to be executed on a special day," he said. Bush: ?Executed after receiving a fair trial? ?Today, Saddam Hussein was executed after receiving a fair trial ? the kind of justice he denied the victims of his brutal regime,? President Bush said in a written statement released after the execution by the White House. ?Bringing Saddam Hussein to justice will not end the violence in Iraq,? Bush continued, ?but it is an important milestone on Iraq's course to becoming a democracy that can govern, sustain, and defend itself, and be an ally in the War on Terror.? Mariam al-Rayes, a legal expert and former member of parliament, told Iraqiya television that the execution "was filmed and God willing it will be shown. There was one camera present, and a doctor was also present there." She did not attend. Saddam's lawyers issued a statement Friday calling on "everybody to do everything to stop this unfair execution." The statement also said the former president had been transferred from U.S. custody, though American and Iraqi officials later denied that. The governments of Yemen and Libya made eleventh-hour appeals that Saddam's life be spared. Yemeni Prime Minister Abdul-Kader Bajammal wrote to the U.S. and Iraqi presidents, warning in his letter to President Bush that Saddam's execution would "increase the sectarian violence" in Iraq, according to the official Yemeni news agency Saba. Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi made an indirect appeal to save Saddam, telling Al-Jazeera television that his trial was illegal and that he should be retried by an international court. FOR THE FULL STORY CLICK HERE
How ironic is it that the crime he was charged for, ie; the Dujail massacre - was aided and abetted by the United States government; funding his army during the Iraq/Iran war. Whatever. Good riddance Soddom. I'll always remember you by your gripping performance in "Hot Shots; Part Deux" !!

Re: Saddam likely to be hanged this weekend.... Fair enough sentence but why was it not a public affair and a private one??? If he was going to be hanged then why did they not announce when and what date he was going to be hanged??? I don't like this hush hush business at all.

Re: Saddam likely to be hanged this weekend.... UP's samajwadi party showing a lot of aggression in protesting saddam's hanging... This is the same govt that has got a house full of little babies corpses in their state.... amazing how religious appeasement is so much more useful than worrying about the poor children who were brutally murdered... Muslims around the nation have started protesting ...like saddam was an indian...no protests for the poor dead children.....like saddams pain is more than the pain of those little babies. The misguided loyalty of Indian muslims is amazing!

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Saddam likely to be hanged this weekend....

UP's samajwadi party showing a lot of aggression in protesting saddam's hanging... This is the same govt that has got a house full of little babies corpses in their state.... amazing how religious appeasement is so much more useful than worrying about the poor children who were brutally murdered... Muslims around the nation have started protesting ...like saddam was an indian...no protests for the poor dead children.....like saddams pain is more than the pain of those little babies. The misguided loyalty of Indian muslims is amazing!
i am just hoping they don't vent their frustration by killing hindus like jerry falwaal and denmark cartoon episode...