Does the fixture list favour Mumbai Indians?

abhinav

I've been travelling enough by planes to know about the situation. Bangalore in worst case takes abt 1-1.2 hours, with security checks make it 1.5 hours. Add to that plane time of 1.5 to 2 hours. Plus from airport to hotel room another 1 hour. Total of max 4-5 hours. And you are not exactly running around, or being made to carry your luggage during this time are you? Out of the 5 hours, you get atleast 4 hours to doze off and take rest.
In Bangalore, unless it is an early morning flight, it takes around 2 hrs to get to the airport from the main city. And that is a very lenient estimate. After that, you have the 1.5 hrs of security checks et al. Add to that the flight time. And if the destination is Hyderabad, it is another hour to the actual city. :cantstop:

Guest DeveGowda

I dont have any issues with Bambi's playing 7 home games Staright.. but why deccans home game Against bambi's played in Mumbai ? thats Not fair...

Guest DeveGowda
Actually the next match for MI is against DC and this match will be away match for them .. Since DC home matches r hosted at DY patil or cuttack or nagpur ..
Thats the point..Y should it played in DY patil..crowd will favour only bambi's..they should have kept this match in Cuttack simple....

Since there is telengana issue so matches had to be shifted to some other place .. so they were distributed to dy patil, nagpur and cuttack cos they r the nearest stadium for DC .. isn't it? I guess its logistic issue cos of which they r hosting the matches there .. and MI playing DC seems like a mere coincidence to me .. and I hope gilly plays an inning like he played in 2008 against MI .. MI crowd needs to learn a lesson :D

My word :mi: will play away games in the later course of the game, and playing at home/away doesnt matter until you play well as a team.And for me Mumbai are playing so good that they can win on any ground.So whats the fuss about schedules ? If the IPL governing body, other franchises, and players are not bothered about this, then what the eff is other's problem :wall:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Dude, you have no ****ing clue what you are talking about. In India, travelling to and from the airport takes more time than the actual flight times. It can easily take 2+ hours to reach the airport (lets say bangalore airport), add to that the security check etc, and the ever present flight delays, you are easily looking at 7-8 hours trips from hotel room to hotel room.
In Bangalore' date=' unless it is an early morning flight, it takes around 2 hrs to get to the airport from the main city. And that is a very lenient estimate. After that, you have the 1.5 hrs of security checks et al. Add to that the flight time. And if the destination is Hyderabad, it is another hour to the actual city. :cantstop:[/quote'] Abbe ghochus:cantstop: Do you think that these team buses wait at signals like us aam aadmi?:giggle: They have their whole route to the airport cleared off traffic with police waiting all along their route. There are 3 jeeps and a TANK(mahindra marksman) riding before and after the buses.. They fly by chartered planes. Security checks:giggle:

In Bangalore' date=' unless it is an early morning flight, it takes around 2 hrs to get to the airport from the main city. And that is a very lenient estimate. After that, you have the 1.5 hrs of security checks et al. Add to that the flight time. And if the destination is Hyderabad, it is another hour to the actual city. :cantstop:[/quote'] For my 3.15 PM Hyderabad flights, I get out of my house (47 km from Bangalore Airport) my 1.15, by max 2.15 I am at Airport for sec checks. Hyderabad is even better now. From the heart of the city, regardless of what time it is, it won't take more than 50 mins from Hyd city to Airport. They've also constructed this overhead superhighway connecting heart of the city to Airport which promises to bring the travel time further down. Also as someone said above, team buses have special dispensation.

The idea behind this thread was not to discredit the great cricket that MI are playing or to slander the God! I am as proud of him as any other Indian! I had only raised the point since I feel that here is one team which has probably got a better chance at setting the early pace and finding the momentum then most other teams. I hope people do understand that playing at home is always an advantage as against playing away, in any sport; anywhere in the world. In any case, having the home game for DC against MI at DYPatil is a joke!!

The idea behind this thread was not to discredit the great cricket that MI are playing or to slander the God! I am as proud of him as any other Indian! I had only raised the point since I feel that here is one team which has probably got a better chance at setting the early pace and finding the momentum then most other teams. I hope people do understand that playing at home is always an advantage as against playing away, in any sport; anywhere in the world. In any case, having the home game for DC against MI at DYPatil is a joke!!
Ha true. DY Patil away game for MI is indeed a big joke. But never thought MI had a Chelsea like record at home in IPL 2008. (Free to be corrected)

Ha true. DY Patil away game for MI is indeed a big joke. But never thought MI had a Chelsea like record at home in IPL 2008. (Free to be corrected)
MI not having done well at home in 2008 does not mean that home advantage counts for nothing. I am assuming that you are a big MI fan and that when you go to that stadium and scream for your team then it does spur them on - please do not discredit yourself as a fan by saying that you do not make a difference. Also, practicing on the same ground and pitches also helps. Once again, this is not to say that MI arent playing well, they are brilliant; especially Sachin and unlike in 2008 they are better placed to milk the advantage of playing so many early games at home.

MI not having done well at home in 2008 does not mean that home advantage counts for nothing. I am assuming that you are a big MI fan and that when you go to that stadium and scream for your team then it does spur them on - please do not discredit yourself as a fan by saying that you do not make a difference. Also, practicing on the same ground and pitches also helps. Once again, this is not to say that MI arent playing well, they are brilliant; especially Sachin and unlike in 2008 they are better placed to milk the advantage of playing so many early games at home.
A team with Sachin Tendulkar in it has home advantage whereever it plays in India, or even abroad :tongue: As I said before most of the fans flocked into see and cheer for their fav stars "more than" for thier franchises n 2008. Hence we had a Chennai crowd screaming for Tendulkar, or a Mumbai crowd cheering for Yuvraj etc. But now that two years have passed, I think franchises have taken root in the minds of IPL supporters and fanships have become slowly but surely well defined, although still Tendulkar imo transcends all these. I am not necessarily disagreeing with what you are saying in effect.

A team with Sachin Tendulkar in it has home advantage whereever it plays in India, or even abroad :tongue: As I said before most of the fans flocked into see and cheer for their fav stars "more than" for thier franchises n 2008. Hence we had a Chennai crowd screaming for Tendulkar, or a Mumbai crowd cheering for Yuvraj etc. But now that two years have passed, I think franchises have taken root in the minds of IPL supporters and fanships have become slowly but surely well defined, although still Tendulkar imo transcends all these. I am not necessarily disagreeing with what you are saying in effect.
Agreed, I was at the Kotla when Sachin demolished my team at our own home and I did not regret it one bit. He truly transcends all limitations. :two_thumbs_up: