Yeah the speed guns in Aus are most definitely messed up.

nballa

The conditions in Australia mean that the bowling is faster there. I'm not sure whether it is atmospheric, pitch related (incentive to bowl fast), or what, but there is no doubt that Tait is bowling distinctly slower than he did during his 160kph spell, at the moment in the IPL. During his 160kph spell, the Pakistanis were swinging as soon as they saw the ball and were still missing it - this is not happening, even with domestic batsmen. Similarly, Ishant Sharma is bowling nowhere near as quick now as he did in Australia. Moreover, he clocked 145kph in Sri Lanka and in India against England following the Australia tour, he subsequently has slowed down and this is even visible to the naked eye. He used to rush batsmen, he does not do that anymore.
SO many times I have indicated that the subtle changes in his action has lead to his speed downfall and we can also attribute this to Prasad who according to me affected those changes in Ishant's action to bowl leg cutter slower balls like He used to bowl, but Ishant's action initially was not made to bowl leg cutter slower bowls. In Australia, he used to bowel off spinning slower balls which were effective for him and with no change in his action, but slowly and steadily after the tour of Australia in 2008, may be after IPL 2009, he made certain changes in his action to bowl that leg cutter slower ball and in that process he lost his run up rhythm which looks very strange now a days when he runs to bowl and also lead to fall in his speeds and accuracy. In IPL South Africa, he was not bad at all, some times he was expensive which one can be, but his pace was up to the mark, but I first time saw those changes in T20 WC last year and since then his speeds gone down considerably. His left hand is not coming how he used to come before, he made his delivery stride a bit closer to the stumps which was not his forte, he lost his big inswingers due to that which used to confuse the batsman, he is not a power bowler like Tait or Malinga, he is a rhythm bowler which he has lost...

tait was 140s-150s during the aus domestic season too. Saves his big efforts for international matches I guess.
fox sports speed guns nobody clocks 140+ but in nine speedguns they clock 150,different channels use different but one used by channel nine,sky are best

Tait is clocking in the upper 130's and lower 140's in IPL Few more examples Ishanth - clocking upper 140's in Aus and Lower 130's in India Muhammad Ameer - Clocking upper 140's in Aus and 130's everywhere else I have officially disqualified Tait's 160kmph delivery as utter bull.
bro our speed guns are rubbish no spinner clocks 140km/h like they do in our speedguns

Why compare the speeds of a bowler in a club level competition vs his speeds in an int'l match? Anyone who has seen Tait, Bond, Lee or Steyn bowl in IPL can see it clearly that they arent going flat out as they would do if it was an int'l match. That should explain the difference of speeds!!
No, I dont see anything of that sort. To me they clearly look like they are going flat out and trying their best. Have you seen the fielding efforts in this IPL? What about the batting effort? I dont believe that only bowlers wont put their best that too for only 4 overs a game As for this being just another domestic league, dont believe a word of it. IPL is going to be huge. i mean really huge. And each and every player know this. The players know that they are going to be under the hammer again next year. They understand that one bit of extra effort might be the difference between $500K and $1M.

I don't believe the lack of effort, but the fact remains that for whatever reason, Asian conditions are not suited to bowling consistently fast. However, this does not mean that bowlers are unable to bowl quickly in India or time quickly on the guns, Steyn has been bowling 150kph recently, Nannes was pushng it up there early on and I saw Bond hit 148kph in his last game too.