Yeah the speed guns in Aus are most definitely messed up.

nballa

Tait is clocking in the upper 130's and lower 140's in IPL Few more examples Ishanth - clocking upper 140's in Aus and Lower 130's in India Muhammad Ameer - Clocking upper 140's in Aus and 130's everywhere else I have officially disqualified Tait's 160kmph delivery as utter bull.

Tait is clocking in the upper 130's and lower 140's in IPL Few more examples Ishanth - clocking upper 140's in Aus and Lower 130's in India Muhammad Ameer - Clocking upper 140's in Aus and 130's everywhere else I have officially disqualified Tait's 160kmph delivery as utter bull.
The conditions in Australia mean that the bowling is faster there. I'm not sure whether it is atmospheric, pitch related (incentive to bowl fast), or what, but there is no doubt that Tait is bowling distinctly slower than he did during his 160kph spell, at the moment in the IPL. During his 160kph spell, the Pakistanis were swinging as soon as they saw the ball and were still missing it - this is not happening, even with domestic batsmen. Similarly, Ishant Sharma is bowling nowhere near as quick now as he did in Australia. Moreover, he clocked 145kph in Sri Lanka and in India against England following the Australia tour, he subsequently has slowed down and this is even visible to the naked eye. He used to rush batsmen, he does not do that anymore.

nballa Then are you disqualifying showape's delivery as well..since he didn't clock them in Asian conditions. Frankly I don't see your point.. all the bowlers ahve bowled their fastest in Aus, SA and NZ conditions. They all record lower speeds when they play in Asia.
thats exactly the point i was trying to make. why do they start bowling 10 kmph slower on an average? has to be the speed guns. and who/what is showape?

that was his fastest, i remember his spell in aus when his first over average was 155. just give up already, go away and don't ever come back.
Why don't you go away and go back to your house in la*****. You made this point - Tait is clocking in the upper 130's and lower 140's in IPL. I refuted by saying his fastest was 151.5 kph. You were wrong again, as always the case with you. Paki :finger:

thats exactly the point i was trying to make. why do they start bowling 10 kmph slower on an average? has to be the speed guns. and who/what is showape?
You do realise if the pitch isnt gonna bounce above the batsman shins you dont put as much effort in because there is no point. For example earlier in the IPl Steyn was bowling in the 130's and he gets to a bouncy pitch is bangalore and is 10k quicker because he has encouragement.

You do realise if the pitch isnt gonna bounce above the batsman shins you dont put as much effort in because there is no point. For example earlier in the IPl Steyn was bowling in the 130's and he gets to a bouncy pitch is bangalore and is 10k quicker because he has encouragement.
i dont buy this theory. How much effort does it take for a 4 over spell? This cant be the case with each and every bowler, can it? Tait has always tried to bowl fast wherever he is. He is clearly bowling at least 6-7 kph lower than what he usually does. Maybe its the humidity in the sub-continent which takes some pace off the ball?

i dont buy this theory. How much effort does it take for a 4 over spell? This cant be the case with each and every bowler, can it? Tait has always tried to bowl fast wherever he is. He is clearly bowling at least 6-7 kph lower than what he usually does. Maybe its the humidity in the sub-continent which takes some pace off the ball?
Im not sure, I know from my experience as a bowler that a slow pitch can have a pretty demoralising effect and you tend to then focus on putting it in the right areas. With Tait I would imagine the fact he was bowling a lot of wides had an effect on his speed as he lost a bit of confidence.

Why compare the speeds of a bowler in a club level competition vs his speeds in an int'l match? Anyone who has seen Tait, Bond, Lee or Steyn bowl in IPL can see it clearly that they arent going flat out as they would do if it was an int'l match. That should explain the difference of speeds!! BTW the same speed guns also measure Sreesanth bowling at 140+, Umesh Yadav at 144, even RPS bowled at around 140 yesterday. Do you mean to say these guys will easily touch 150 if they went to Aus?