Waste management in India especially metro cities

head coach

Recently a friend of mine at work made a comment about India as one of the nasty places he has visited becase he saw people throwing garbage out to the streets. I immeditely corrected his comment on making a generalized statement like that but agreed with him that India needs to improve on its policy to educate people on how to dispose their waste. Recently states like TN and Kerala were affected with a deadly disease called Chicken Gunya and also in some northern states it was heard and one of the primary factors of this type of diseases spreading without control is unclean surrounding and mosqitoes acting as a carrier of disease. India has to rethink about setting this important way of living into the mindset of its people to become a global leader. I was embarrassed to see this in front of my eyes when I recently visited Chennai(capital of TN). Hope the raise in living standards would pave way to a social and cultural development in this aspect.

Re: Waste management in India especially metro cities Your friend is quite right there..... We are like this only......bathe everyday...clean our houses everyday and throw out our garbage on the street everyday......very sad but true.... :roll: p.s I personally never do it! :lol: :hic:

Re: Waste management in India especially metro cities It has gotten better, if we are willing to believe it. There is regular garbage collection in chennai now and the streets are cleaner (yes they are). So, yes, eventually (probably in the year 2050) we will be reasonably clean.

Re: Waste management in India especially metro cities

Is there no house to house garbage collection?
We have ...but most places don't....besides people have to pay for the collection....and since they have to pay road tax.....i guess they think it is ok to throw on the road...... :doh:

Guest dada_rocks

Your friend is quite right there..... We are like this only......bathe everyday...clean our houses everyday and throw out our garbage on the street everyday......very sad but true.... :roll: p.s I personally never do it! :lol: :hic:
Good koi to hai concerned citizen.. PPS: Why do we meet people with spotless behaviour only on internet :lmao: where do they disappear, you never find them in real life..

Re: Waste management in India especially metro cities you need to get out more often dada.... :lol: I am a fairly good citizen..... :hic: My biggest social vice is not having the patience for linejumpers in a queue.....koi line todne ki koshish kare and i lose my temper :wall: :wall: ....kissi din burri tarah pitoongi ! :roll:

Guest dada_rocks

you need to get out more often dada.... :lol: I am a fairly good citizen..... :hic: My biggest social vice is not having the patience for linejumpers in a queue.....koi line todne ki koshish kare and i lose my temper :wall: :wall: ....kissi din burri tarah pitoongi ! :roll:
Get out more .. I am already out there anything more than this has wandering hippy written all over it.. :lmao: Meanwhile Nitish Kumar started a sanitation awareness program he flagged off a bus day before yesterday which will covere every nook and corner of Bihar... Hope something comes out of it..

Get real people .... I mean you are talking about a ultra soft and careless nation that doesnt give a flying fuk on the plight of their own countrymen who live as refugees in their own country ... aur aap log sanitation ki baat kar rahe ho ... hilarious
Bheembhai, If you approach every single thing in the same manner, will there be any change? :wall: Unless and until the common man is educated they will fail to raise against injustice, corruption and wrong doings. :huh: Only if the common man expresses his concern government will take any step. :tired: If Bihar CM made a step in this direction then it is upto the local administration to take this forward.. :wtg: I hope other states give importance to this serious matter if India needs to move further along the Developing country status... :hmph:

Guest dada_rocks

1 bus for poora bihar! brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hic:
Number of bus ka information nahin hai mere pass ........ he is doing sthg about it unlike his predecessors

Re: Waste management in India especially metro cities The place where I live in Bangalore is very very clean .... A lady comes in the morning and picks up the garbage. She again comes around noon and cleans the road.... So I'm pretty happy the way things are shaping out here in Bangalore"The Garden City(lol)" :wtg:

Guest dada_rocks

Get real people .... I mean you are talking about a ultra soft and careless nation that doesnt give a flying fuk on the plight of their own countrymen who live as refugees in their own country ... aur aap log sanitation ki baat kar rahe ho ... hilarious
Thanks alot boss for making me pi$$ed again there goes my attempt to drown my frustration by looking at these positive little things in dust-bin.. :mad:

Guest dada_rocks

The place where I live in Bangalore is very very clean .... A lady comes in the morning and picks up the garbage. She again comes around noon and cleans the road.... So I'm pretty happy the way things are shaping out here in Bangalore"The Garden City(lol)" :wtg:
Hain ? I am right there myself for the last 2 weeks ... hardly anything here can be classified as clean ... going by the western standards of cleanliness. Dada ... sorry for the reality dose ... woh kehte hai na aadat sey majboor ... :lmao:
Visit Jamshedpur in Bihar you will be shocked to find how clean that place is, you can put a pillow and have a nap on the road that's how clean it is. Roads get vaccum cleaned every day. Here is thumbs up for Tata group :wtg: To Matri-Bhumi mein ho aajkal aap, I am feeling jealous now.