Lee horror over costs Kings IPL victory

vvvslaxman

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/lee-horror-over-costs-kings-ipl-victory-20100403-rk6g.html Lee horror over costs Kings IPL victory April 3, 2010 - 6:39AM AAP A horror 25-run over from Brett Lee has cost The Kings XI Punjab victory against the Royal Challengers Bangalore in Indian Premier League action in Mohali on Saturday morning AEST. The Bangalore side battled to a six wicket win with five balls remaining, scoring 184 runs to chase down The Kings' total of 181. Punjab were well in the contest until the 17th over when Lee, having recently made his comeback from injury, gave up 25 runs to put the Royal Challengers in the box seat. Lee, along with Sreesanth started the innings well, restricting the potent opening partnership of Jacques Kallis and Manish Pandey. But some patient and smart cricket from Kevin Pietersen (66no off 44) and Virat Kohli (42 off 26) steered the home side to the win with just under an over to spare. Australian cricketer Shaun Marsh managed just two runs before he was out in the second over of The Kings' innings, before Kumar Sangakkara (45 off 27), Ravi Bopara (42 off 33) and Yuvraj Singh 36 (20) helped them to a respectable total but, in the end, it wasn't enough.

Every team should have an "IT" bowlers "GO TO" bowler. MI has two of them. Zak and Malinga. BRC has Steyn. DD has Nannes. Those are the teams that are the top. Bond, Tait, Roach and Lee are expected to be the "GOTO" bowlers for their teams. Hasn't worked so far. CSK and PKXI don't have anyone like that. Although Murali and Jakati do a fabulous job in the middle overs for CSK. But in the end overs if you want to choke a team you need a quick bowler who can be miserly and result oriented.

I won't blame Brett Lee. I think its stupid to blame Brett Lee. I would instead like to see Sangakkarra raise his hand and take responsibility for picking a "just recovered from injury" Lee over an in-form Juan "Rusty" Theron. Sanga is mildly retarded.