IPL4 new rule

meloveindia

where did u read dis?
I have also read something like that few weeks ago. To prevent players from getting injured every player can appear only in 10-12 matches. Looking at the number of matches increasing every year, this is a good step.

Already 10 teams, means players will get distributed, so quality will go down by 20%. And if a player is allowed to play only 14 matches, then a further reduction in quality by 20+%. An overall reduction of close to 40%. IPL 2010 will be horrible, played by Trivedis and Doles on flat pancake pitches.

where did u read dis?
:WTF:
it pretty common sense .. 2 more teams means it will be 9 opposition teams .. so twice playing them would mean 18 games yes OP post fail .. it is 18 games and not 20 in all there would be 94 games .. so 34 more games from next year

I was kinder to this than Chandan when she said this IPL is killing cricket. But I am not so sure now. He is not willing to cut down on the games. Instead he wants players to step aside but keep the quantity the same. You can talk market economics all you want. But this is a game - all said and done.

it pretty common sense .. 2 more teams means it will be 9 opposition teams .. so twice playing them would mean 18 games yes OP post fail .. it is 18 games and not 20 in all there would be 94 games .. so 34 more games from next year
:fail: The crux of the OP is not about 18 or 20 games. It is the new rule that each player will only be allowed to play 14 games.:doh:

:fail: The crux of the OP is not about 18 or 20 games. It is the new rule that each player will only be allowed to play 14 games.:doh:
I know but I told about the 20 games thing .. in my last post, I mentioned about the no. of games thing .. but as Sachnism said it was also discussed last year by L Modi though not implemented this year but I think it makes more sense to implement next year

Known this rule for a long time. This would mean that players get a rest. Remember its more number of games in the same amount of time i.e. more 2 games on the same day. So a lot of travelling will be involved. This will make sure players are not forced to play all the games by their team and reduce the risk of injuries

now don really talk about common sense in a SENSELESS tournament