Is there actually a bias AGAINST the South Zone in IPL?

achilles

I'm getting sick of this constant squabbling and "disappointment" about Ahmedabad not getting an IPL franchise but Pune getting one. But the blind eye being showed to the Kochi acquisition is a bit shameful. I would like to respectfully present you some "surprising" facts. Teams from South Zone- 1. Deccan Chargers 2. Chennai Super Kings 3. Kochi 4. Royal Challengers Bangalore All Four states in the South Zone have an IPL team now. Now can someone tell me how many states from, lets say the North Zone, have an IPL team? 1. Punjab 2. Rajasthan 3. Delhi (Union Territory, specified, so don't tell me its not a "state") East Zone? 1. Kolkata West Zone? 1. Mumbai 2. Pune Central Zone? ZERO I think rather than heckling Sahara for picking another team from my state and zone, why doesn't anyone question the logic behind picking Kochi? Coz lets not kid ourselves. Kochi isn't a cricketing destination. The fact that we hardly have players from there playing from India goes onto profess the logic behind it being a flawed selection of a franchise. Pune, on the other hand, was always going to get a franchise. Apart from the constant overcrowding (and robbing of our tickets :(() from the Pune fans in the MI games, they are a serious market coz unlike Kochi, cricket is the first sport there. In terms of economics, First, it was the Videocon, Saif & Kareena consortium and then, when new bids were called, 4 out 9 bids were made for the Pune franchise. So its sad to accuse Pune of being a wrong pick over Ahmedabad. I've seen a lot of TV shows where they constantly question Sahara for picking Pune. But the real questions should be- 1. Why did Kochi get a franchise instead of Ahmedabad? 2. Do we need 4/4 states from South having their respective teams? If so, Why? 3. Is there actually a bias AGAINST the South Zone in IPL, which is so often thrown around by the Zone at the drop of a hat? Your views. And no flaming please.

:fail: Bad logic... Pune was a surprise because it will eat into the shares of Mumbai Indians...whereas Kochi will have whole Kerala's support...I don't care why Pune got it. I don't care why Ahmedabad didn't get it. But I can see reasons behind the disappointment of Ahmedabad fans.. And you basically have a complex with anything and anybody south..that's the real issue here...Grow up kid...

Correct me if I am wrong' date=' but I thought franchisees are not picked, somebody from Kochi must have bid for a team and got it or [b']are you saying that franchisees win a bid and then pick from a list of cities that Mr. Modi povides?
Thats what Sahara did. Kochi bidders went with only a Kochi bid in mind, while Sahara made three choices.

:fail: Bad logic... Pune was a surprise because it will eat into the shares of Mumbai Indians...whereas Kochi will have whole Kerala's support...I don't care why Pune got it. I don't care why Ahmedabad didn't get it. But I can see reasons behind the disappointment of Ahmedabad fans.. And you basically have a complex with anything and anybody south..that's the real issue here...Grow up kid...
Like I said and you didn't read or maybe chose to conveniently ignore, no flaming !
Sahara chose Pune themselves as it has its ambi valley project there :wall:
Isn't that obvious? And the point I make is, why is everyone behind Sahara. Why is no one questioning Kochi's franchise pick?

Thats what Sahara did. Kochi bidders went with only a Kochi bid in mind' date=' while Sahara made three choices.[/quote'] May be it has got to do with Economics. Kochi probably has more Dubai money then Ahmedabad has. Modi must have done his math and found out that spending power in Kochi is more than it is in Ahmedabad. I doubt that Modi cares about any of the 5 zones as long as the economics work out.

:hail: flamy is a ****ing legend. :hail: Of course, it is disappointing that ICF's Buffalo Souljah, Morriz, has not taken part in this initiative yet. http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?p=652500#post652500 After all, look at his stated credentials as "President, Founding member, Chief Executive officer, Chief Financial Officer, Managing Director........Security, Janitor - SouthIndiancricketfans.com" (And yes, GEOGRAPHY~! :woot: )

Flamy :two_thumbs_up::icflove:

May be it has got to do with Economics. Kochi probably has more Dubai money then Ahmedabad has. Modi must have done his math and found out that spending power in Kochi is more than it is in Ahmedabad. I doubt that Modi cares about any of the 5 zones as long as the economics work out.
Dubai :((
Southies are rich !
They sure are. More than rich, they are intelligent, which is why they are as successful as they are.

:hail: flamy is a ****ing legend. :hail: Of course, it is disappointing that ICF's Buffalo Souljah, Morriz, has not taken part in this initiative yet. http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?p=652500#post652500 After all, look at his stated credentials as "President, Founding member, Chief Executive officer, Chief Financial Officer, Managing Director........Security, Janitor - SouthIndiancricketfans.com" (And yes, GEOGRAPHY~! :woot: )
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: those were the days :girl_sigh: