CCTV shows bid docs being removed from Modi's office

Texy

New Delhi: In a shocking revelation, income tax sources have told CNN-IBN that CCTV footage has shown a woman taking bid documents from IPL commissioner Lalit Modi's office at the Four Seasons Hotel in Mumbai, just 30 minutes before they carried out searches there on Thursday. According to other media reports, a senior Income Tax (I-T) official, on condition of anonymity, said the woman had already been identified but her name could not be divulged. The official added that the woman was someone who was very closely associated with one of the eight original IPL franchisees. The officials were certain that the papers, documents and electronic data were kept in a room on the 33rd floor, but they found nothing relevant. The I-T sleuths had entered the hotel at 4:30 pm, just half hour after the woman left with a laptop and a bag of files. Meanwhile, the IT department is likely to finish its IPL scrutiny on Saturday. Sources have told CNN-IBN that notices are likely to be issues to all IPL franchisees next week. The I-T department had asked for the bid documents from Lalit Modi's office. While Modi had provided them with some, the officials were still waiting for the remaining documents. The I-T department had reportedly surveryed three officcer of the IPL and the commissioner in Mumbai on Thursday. These include the headquarters situated at the Wankhede Stadium, Modi's office at Nirlon House in Worli and the 33rd floor room at the Four Seasons Hotel. In yet another development, the BCCI officials met informally on Friday night at Dharamsala after the Punjab-Deccan game. While BCCI president Shashank Manohar attented the meting, the IPL commissioner was absent from it. source: CNN-IBN WTF IS GOING ON???? is Karma biting Modi's ***** for stealing ICL's original T20 idea?

I also found it strange that suddenly after the whole MODI-Tharoor controversy......suddenly I-T people are raiding IPL and doing all these inquiries....is this Kaangress govt's way of taking heat off Tharoor?

WTF IS GOING ON???? is Karma biting Modi's ***** for stealing ICL's original T20 idea?
I could never understand that statement. How the F is that a crime or even unethical? If someone had the idea to start an ICL, is everyone else forbidden from entering the space? Ideas dont make a successful business. You need good business sense to go with it. Windows was not an original idea conceived by Bill Gates, but he made it work commercially. Does that make him bad like Modi is being made to look? Very few people start a new business with a fresh new idea and 90% of those who do actually go down. Almost everyone starts businesses on ideas tried and tested before. So why is it pinching everyone of BCCI started a business on something that someone else was already doing?

What is wrong with you people? how can you say he built something out of nothing? IPL had the backing of BCCI --- the strongest cricket board in the world....with almost all cricket venues available, all int'l stars available and sanctioned by ICC, huge amt of investments by investors backed by BCCI and weak competition made weaker by BCCI in twisting ICC's hands in unsanctioning and terming them as a rebel league. With competition being banned by every cricket board on this planet and vast amt of resources...it would be unfair to name Modi as the brainchild of t20 in India. I'm not denying that he's not a good administrator but he had lots of resources and political and financial hands at his disposal. I would have rated him higher...if this was a fair competition

I posted this in the original Mode Vs Tharoor thread, posting again: They surely are after LM, two questions however: 1. It's an office after all, people will walk in and out with laptops and papers all the time, whats the big deal about it? 2. If the woman indeed knew about the impending IT survey and removed documents half an hour in advance, then its a leak of information at the IT office. I suggest they should investigate that first!

Congress owns Media (NDTV & Star News are on Congress payroll). Nobody can take on Congress now. Whoever takes on Congress now a days, is houded out by the media dogs on the payroll of Congress. India is slowly going towards the single party rule again. Not good for healthy democracy.

What is wrong with you people? how can you say he built something out of nothing? IPL had the backing of BCCI --- the strongest cricket board in the world....with almost all cricket venues available, all int'l stars available and sanctioned by ICC, huge amt of investments by investors backed by BCCI and weak competition made weaker by BCCI in twisting ICC's hands in unsanctioning and terming them as a rebel league. With competition being banned by every cricket board on this planet and vast amt of resources...it would be unfair to name Modi as the brainchild of t20 in India. I'm not denying that he's not a good administrator but he had lots of resources and political and financial hands at his disposal. I would have rated him higher...if this was a fair competition
:two_thumbs_up: :two_thumbs_up: :hatsoff:

I could never understand that statement. How the F is that a crime or even unethical? If someone had the idea to start an ICL, is everyone else forbidden from entering the space? Ideas dont make a successful business. You need good business sense to go with it. Windows was not an original idea conceived by Bill Gates, but he made it work commercially. Does that make him bad like Modi is being made to look? Very few people start a new business with a fresh new idea and 90% of those who do actually go down. Almost everyone starts businesses on ideas tried and tested before. So why is it pinching everyone of BCCI started a business on something that someone else was already doing?
What did they did to ICL was outright illegal in most parts of the civilized world. I still don't understand why the ICL couldn't sue them in India. Threatening every board in the world if they didn't ban players who played in that league, not allowing them to get access to any Stadium owned by local bodies, this was goondagiri at it's best. Comparing MS/Gates with IPL/Modi is absurd and is an insult to a genius like gates. Would only make sense if Gates used the US govt for example to ban every country and company which hired any software engineer who ever tried to build an operating system for a rival company. Yes MS did become a monopoly and tried to thwart the advent of Netscape, but what the IPL did to ICL isn't even possible to compare cause like I said it would be criminal everywhere but in India and Cricket.

What did they did to ICL was outright illegal in most parts of the civilized world. I still don't understand why the ICL couldn't sue them in India. Threatening every board in the world if they didn't ban players who played in that league, not allowing them to get access to any Stadium owned by local bodies, this was goondagiri at it's best. Comparing MS/Gates with IPL/Modi is absurd and is an insult to a genius like gates. Would only make sense if Gates used the US govt for example to ban every country and company which hired any software engineer who ever tried to build an operating system for a rival company. Yes MS did become a monopoly and tried to thwart the advent of Netscape, but what the IPL did to ICL isn't even possible to compare cause like I said it would be criminal everywhere but in India and Cricket.
Some of them are hardcore Modi fans. Modi can't be wrong. :nono: Infact it reminds me of Afridi fans. They will defend him in any situation.

Some of them are hardcore Modi fans. Modi can't be wrong. :nono: Infact it reminds me of Afridi fans. They will defend him in any situation.
I think that's because people love the IPL (which I do as well) and since modi is the man behind all of it, the admiration. I am ok with that, but people also need to put his achievements in perspective and include the arm-twisting and bullying he and the BCCI did with ICL when they evaluate these guys and their success. I believe they would have been successful even without trying to thwart ICL, in which case they would have more of my admiration.

The woman in question has been identified as Laila Mahmood, daughter of Dr. Vijay Mallaya. Laila has been doing a internship with lalit Modi. The IT authorities have absolved her of any wrong doing. So this particular bit sensational news turns out to be a damp squib.