I will play for KKR till retirement from IPL: Ganguly

ViruRulez

KOLKATA: There may be a buzz surrounding Sourav Ganguly's switch-over to the new IPL team in Pune but the former Indian captain made it clear that he would continue playing for the Kolkata Knight Riders till his retirement from the Twenty20 tournament. With his three-year contract with KKR getting over this season, Ganguly scotched reports about a shift or a retirement. "I have not thoughts about retiring from the IPL. I am now playing well and I will play IPL as long as I can. Further, I will represent KKR as long as I play IPL," Ganguly said. Earlier at a function, team boss Shah Rukh Khan had said it's up for Ganguly to decide on his career. "For a cricketer like Ganguly, we will never say when to retire. Ganguly, Sachin, Dravid, Kumble are all legends, they are the best to decide on their career." In a lighter vein, Khan had quipped: "Till they hang their boots, shirts, trousers (sic), we will continue to iron them," he said. Ganguly said although it was disappointing to lose to Kings XI Punjab despite putting up 200 on the board, he was confident of bouncing back on Wednesday. "It was very disappointing to lose to Kings XI Punjab. We would have been better placed had the results been different. But we will have to come back and it's possible. It's not impossible to make the semis at the moment. The doors are not shut for us," the ace left hander added. Ganguly heaped praise on Chris Gayle for his hurricane 42-ball 88 against Kings XI Punjab during their last match. "He is a kind of a player who makes up for his slow start in no time," he said. Although his bowlers could not defend 200, Ganguly backed them and said: "Our bowling has not been that bad. But it was sad that we could not defend the total."
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/iplarticleshow/5767864.cms

no he is not..infact he is the reason kolkata has managed to win a few. the poor quality of the rest of the indian players in kkr is the single most reason that they have lost. he has been a good captain and did a commendable job as a batsman. out of his 7 50s, 6 of them has resulted in kolkata win in all ipl matches taken together. he is definitely not going to single handedly turn a T20 match, but he definitely deserves to be captain of kkr team.

even Siddhu, Ayaz Memon and Boria are saying on Times Now that Ganguly should be dropped from KKR captaincy in IPL 4 :giggle: If I would have been the owner of KKR franchisee, I would have let most players go and start KKR from scratch to be frank .. the whole KKR unit plays for individual performances mainly instead of collective team effort right now .. I would have released all main players and started from scratch in IPL 4 .. that would be a gamble but anyways KKR are not clicking for 3 whole seasons even with such big names so why not take a gamble

Guest Hiten.
lol' date=' aur koi kharidega bhi nahi. :laugh:[/quote']
as if anyone else will buy him :rofl:
You needn't translate him :finger:

Kolkatta folks love him. He is good to keep at least as a crowd puller, plus his performances haven't been to shabby. Yes he can accelerate better, but they seem to run out of wickets before overs anyways. :hehe:

In the show, Siddhu and Boria mentioned some good points. 1) Kolkata is crazy about Dada and so will dropping him not be a huge financial loss. 2) If not a loss will it not be very big risk. This might backfire in Kolkata and Bengal and KKR which has been a hugely successful unit these years might turn unsuccessful financially though might be successful on the field. So, that is a big decision to be taken as dropping Dada might be a big financial loss as Siddhu, Ayaz and co. said .. they said the best decision might be to retain him as a player and not as a captain .. but then they said that might lead to situation like last year where KKR support decreased a bit after Dada was removed from captaincy. So, they were saying KKR owners are now in a mess right now as they can hardly do anything as any of the three steps might backfire for them... they cannot easily drop him from team, they cannot drop him from captaincy easily too and they cannot keep on keep him captain the team as it would mean mess for the KKR in the future too :giggle: If I was the owner I might have retained him as a mentor and coach like Fleming's role instead of an active player but maybe not at a million + dollars but a bit lesser and financially viable solution .. but then again will Dada work as a mentor .. from the interview above it does not seem so :giggle:

the problem is he did his job well of keeping one end tied up. plus everytime he fired, kolkata has won. so no i dont think he did his job badly. the other players in his team were supposed to hit out which kkr failed to do miserably. ganguly's run rate has been lower because of the situation his team has been..losing early wickets with no backup batsman in the middle order..forcing him to consolidate. if he had the luxury of a batting order like all other teams had, he could have upped the run rate easily. where kkr goofed up was in buying foriegn players at a lot of money, filling the team with pakis. this time around, they should get a good indian batsman and a good fast bowler.

the problem is he did his job well of keeping one end tied up. plus everytime he fired, kolkata has won. so no i dont think he did his job badly. the other players in his team were supposed to hit out which kkr failed to do miserably. ganguly's run rate has been lower because of the situation his team has been..losing early wickets with no backup batsman in the middle order..forcing him to consolidate. if he had the luxury of a batting order like all other teams had, he could have upped the run rate easily. where kkr goofed up was in buying foriegn players at a lot of money, filling the team with pakis. this time around, they should get a good indian batsman and a good fast bowler.
kkr has a good group of foreign players - mccullum, bond, mendis, gayle, hussey, ... they are missing Indian players from the current test/ODI/T-20 teams. Ishant is the only one and he is one of the worse of the current ones.