Modi set to quit being IPL chief..

Deleted_User_1

i feel sorry for all the modi fans here.. tough time guys.. here is the medicine prozac_10532_4_(big)_.jpg hope u all get through this difficult phase with ease.. wish u all a speedy recovery
You appear to be a Laloo, Mulayam fan and not the least, a Pak fan..:--D How does it feels to be on the same side as Paks? Must be feeling good..:winky:

lol What a :fail: article by TOI. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/iplarticleshow/5833789.cms I hope they understand the meaning of legal betting and illegal betting. fekwits. :banghead:
Betting itself is illegal in India if I am not incorrect :hmmm: But yes you can bet in betfair or some foreign website and that should not be a problem IMO but in India it is illegal .. in India even lottery is banned in most states leave apart betting

Lalit Modi says he won't quit as IPL chief CNN-IBN Posted on Apr 20, 2010 at 13:59 | Updated Apr 20, 2010 at 18:25 New Delhi: IPL Commissioner Lalit Modi who arrived in Mumbai on Tuesday put an end to all speculation about his quitting, saying he is going to stay as the IPL chief. Modi will be meeting BCCI former chief and ICC vice-president Shahrad Pawar later. Modi said: "We are having a conversation with Sharad Pawar. We are all one in it. No need for me to step down, reports of stepping down is speculation." Modi arrived in Mumbai from Dubai on Tuesday and was accompanied by I S Bindra, former president of BCCI and a heavywight in the Indian cricket board who is known to support Modi. Earlier, Pawar had met Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and Home Minister P Chidambaram in New Delhi and it was decided that Pawar would ask Modi to resign as IPL Commissioner. BCCI President Shashank Manohar had also met Pawar Tuesday and reportedly discussed the betting and financial irregularity allegations against Modi. Sources said Pawar had assured Manohar that Modi would go but after the IPL tournament gets over on April 25. "We will take a collective decision. I don't know anyone else's opnion. It will be a collective decision and the governing council will take that decision," Manohar told reporters after meeting Pawar. Pawar also said that the decision on Modi's exit will be taken by the governing council. A final meeting between Pawar and Modi could take place on Wednesday. Sources say the final decision on Modi's ouster will be taken by Tuesday evening but ratified only after the IPL governing council meeting on April 26. Most of the BCCI members are united in their demand for Modi's exit. Manohar has reportedly provided some papers as well to Pawar giving details of land dealings done by Modi. The top brass of the BCCI including Manohar, Secretary N Srinivasan, and Congress MP and BCCI vice-president Rajiv Shukla who also heads the board's media and finance committee, are said to be against Modi continuing as the IPL chief. The others who are against Modi include IPL vice-chairman Niranjan Shah, BCCI vice-president Chirayu Amin and BCCI joint secretary Sanjay Jagdale. However, Modi has got the support of former BCCI chief IS Bindra, Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association boss Farooq Abdullah and BCCI Honorary Treasurer MP Pandove. The people who are the fence sitters include BCCI vice-president and DDCA President Arun Jaitley, and the former Indian cricket team captains - Ravi Shastri, Sunil Gavaskar and Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi. Sources also claimed that Modi and Pawar discussed the controversy over the IPL and allegations levelled against him (Modi) during the ICC board meeting in Dubai. Pawar reportedly briefed Modi about the likely fall out of the IPL Kochi franchise controversy which also involved Congress MP Shashi Tharoor, who was forced to resign from the Union Ministry for his alleged links with the Kerala team. The Government is also gunning for Modi and if he does not step down from the IPL then he might be in more trouble as a number of charges related to income tax evasion have been initiated behind him. The Enforcement Directorate is also investigating the IPL franchises and the auctions.

Pawar is a born politician and will do everything possible to ensure he saves his skin, he will certainly drop Lalit Modi if things get very hot . Lalit Modi will try all kind of blackmailing tactics against all others, but certainly he would be "properly counselled "by Pawar. Modi would not dare to lift his finger against Pawar, if he wants to live till old age! somehow Pawar would be able to force everyone accept a face saving exit for Lalit Modi. most of the contracts he had entered with would be untouched for another year at least and BCCI on its own will not probe the financial irregularities by Modi in IPL. Pawar and Rajeev Shukla may also be able to compromise with the UPA partners and put the probe in the backburner. BCCI and IPL will survive .................

You appear to be a Laloo, Mulayam fan and not the least, a Pak fan..:--D How does it feels to be on the same side as Paks? Must be feeling good..:winky:
Yeah yeah everyone who doesn't like Modi is a Pak fan? As i said in the other thread also. There are other ways to defend your childhood idol Modi. No need to call others paki or terrorism supporter. May be i am talking to someone who still hug in his huggies.