Modi set to quit being IPL chief..

Deleted_User_1

jeez.. is it hard to understand here? I am saying it will affect international cricket if IPL stops.. in terms of money, cricket calender and all.. i didnt say Cricket will STOP.. if I have to choose between modi and corrupt politicians.. i will choose modi.. the guy alteast had guts to come up with something big.. Its in our Indian mentality to shoot people down when fellow Indian is rising..

Yeah yeah everyone who doesn't like Modi is a Pak fan? As i said in the other thread also. There are other ways to defend your childhood idol Modi. No need to call others paki or terrorism supporter. May be i am talking to someone who still hug in his huggies.
Are you fixated with underwear..have seen you mentioning various kinds of underwear in the past as well..

Are you fixated with underwear..have seen you mentioning various kinds of underwear in the past as well..
Was i talking to you? And then you call others troll. I can understand what are you trying to do here. A frustrated Modi fan. :hehe:

jeez.. is it hard to understand here? I am saying it will affect international cricket if IPL stops.. in terms of money, cricket calender and all.. i didnt say Cricket will STOP.. if I have to choose between modi and corrupt politicians.. i will choose modi.. the guy alteast had guts to come up with something big.. Its in our Indian mentality to shoot people down when fellow Indian is rising..
Sorry, I am being a bit thick here, so it is hard for me to understand. Can you explain how it will affect in terms of money, crciket calendar etc.

Lalit Modi is preparing for the fight of his life. Upon returning to Mumbai from Dubai, he told reporters that there is "no chance" of his resigning as Chairman of the Indian Premier League (IPL). Instead, he's readying a defense that he will present at the crucial governing council meeting of the IPL on Monday. Modi is aware that he may be asked to step down at this meeting. His presentation to his colleagues will answer the charges against him with this as its premise: Every decision taken by him was approved by the governing council. (Watch: Modi says he won't quit, will answer charges) In Modi's view, the IPL will not vote him out. And if it does, he will challenge this at a special general meeting. Here, a two-thirds majority will be needed to boot Modi out. The IPL Commissioner says that's not going to happen. (Forum: Can the IPL survive without Lalit Modi's vision?) But the support for him - at least currently- is not expansive. As the walls start caving in on the high-profile Indian Premier League (IPL), everyone involved seems to ducking for cover. So after meetings with top Congress leaders on Tuesday, Sharad Pawar has apparently abandoned his protégé, Lalit Modi, and agreed that Modi should step down as the Chairman of the IPL. (Read: Three former captains hold the key to Modi's future) On Tuesday, Pawar met with Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and Home Minister P Chidambaram; he then met with Shashank Manohar, President of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), which is the IPl's parent body. After both meetings, Pawar apparently decided that Modi should be removed from the top post, and that Manohar should get a position above Modi's in the IPL. Pawar till last week was standing by Modi. But now, the Agriculture Minister has been personally grazed by the IPL controversy, one that was unleashed by Modi. There are allegations that Pawar's Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) has an illegitimate relationship with the IPL. (Watch: Sharad Pawar denies IPL involvement) A newspaper article made a thinly-veiled reference to NCP minister Praful Patel, alleging that his relatives are stakeholders in an IPL team. Another alleges that Pawar's son-in-law was part of a group of investors who tried to win one of the two new franchises sold last month; the effort was unsuccessful. (Read: Praful Patel says no link with IPL, cricket). Both charges are denied by Patel and by Pawar's daughter, Supriya Sule. Equally deafening, reportedly, is the Congress' clamour that Pawar remove Modi as a sort of payback for Modi's actions which put the Congress and Shashi Tharoor on the spot. Last week, Modi opened fire against Shashi Tharoor on twitter. The IPL Chairman alleged that Tharoor lobbied for a consortium that won the Kochi franchise because his girlfriend, Sunanda Pushkar, was being gifted equity worth 70 crores in return. Tharoor was forced to quit over the controversy. Pushkar has voluntarily surrendered her stake. (Read: Shashi Tharoor resigns after Congress says enough) | (Read: It is not Modi vs Tharoor, says Lalit Modi) If Tharoor had to give up his office because of allegations of impropriety, say Congress sources, then Modi must suffer too. After his accusations against Tharoor, the IPL chairman is being investigated by the government for a diaspora of financial irregularities, all related to the IPL. Among the more serious charges that Modi faces: That he tried to ensure that a group of investors who he preferred would win the two new IPL franchises auctioned last month. Income tax officials tell NDTV on Tuesday that the evidence being scanned against Modi includes several phone conversations and SMs-es. On Tuesday, Pawar and Manohar reportedly decided that the BCCI will also set up an internal inquiry against Modi. But the Finance Minister has already vowed in Parliament that the source of funds of all IPL team-owners will be investigated. (Read: Kochi team's I-T inquiry starts with Gaikwads) Politicians deny signing on, either directly or through a proxy owner. Sharad Pawar's daughter, Supriya Sule, said emphatically that neither her husband nor anyone else in her family has any link to the IPL. "I do not owe anyone any explanation. My family has nothing to do financially with the IPL," she said. (Watch) And despite reports to the contrary, Pawar's party, the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) said on Tuesday that the Modi spectacle is not the latest pressure point in its alliance with the Congress. NCP leader and Minister Praful Patel said: "Why should Congess-NCP relations be brought into the IPL bidding process. (It has) nothing to do with the two political parties."

Sorry' date=' I am being a bit thick here, so it is hard for me to understand. Can you explain how it will affect in terms of money, crciket calendar etc.[/quote'] :dito: I was asking the same. But didn't get the answer. It will only affect BCCI financially. But ICC, international cricket and calendar?

Sorry' date=' I am being a bit thick here, so it is hard for me to understand. Can you explain how it will affect in terms of money, crciket calendar etc.[/quote'] Ok thick head I forgive you.. do you know how much money players for playing IPL? its in millions for STAR players.. and the percentage of that goes to their respective boards.. plus.. do you know how many jobs it creates in India because of IPL? for Cricket Calender, start reading news articles.. for starters use IPL and Champions League in your search

Yeah, IPL without Modi won't grow as fast as its doing now. Ideas like ipl on youtube, HD telecast, cheerleaders, celebrities etc come with Modi's design to one day compete with NBA, NFL, etc. I don't think Shashank Manohar will be as driven as Modi, but he will learn to stay in the background and not hog Camera spotlight so that's 1 good thing.

Ok thick head I forgive you.. do you know how much money players for playing IPL? its in millions for STAR players.. and the percentage of that goes to their respective boards.. plus.. do you know how many jobs it creates in India because of IPL? for Cricket Calender, start reading news articles.. for starters use IPL and Champions League in your search
what news articles? Warne,Hayden, Gilchrist, Symmonds, Ganguly - None of them are contracted to their Cricket boards. Why would the board get even a penny of what they earn? I am not even sure any board gets any % of money of what an individual earns. if they did all the board would be queing up to get their star players playing out here. All the boards were doing fine, before the IPL came around and tey are not dependeent on the IPL. First and foremost get this into your brains IPL is an Indian domestic tournament, no cricket calendar will get effected whether or not it is around. ICC didnt even agree to make a window for IPL. If anything the rest of the cricket playing countries will pick up the pieces and will probably make more money. It will only be a big loss to some of teh Indian domestic players who are making good money.

You seriously think there is no one in India other than Modi who is capable of running the IPL?
Its the nature of business.. and the way he has set this up.. even with Modi, I personally dont think IPL will go beyond next three years.. there are not enough cricketing stars in cricket that can run 10 teams.. I mean two franchisees main selling points are Warne and Gilly.. if you take Warne out of RR, who is going to back them?? how many years he is going to play? same goes with gilly, kallis, kumble, dravid..

Its the nature of business.. and the way he has set this up.. even with Modi, I personally dont think IPL will go beyond next three years.. there are not enough cricketing stars in cricket that can run 10 teams.. I mean two franchisees main selling points are Warne and Gilly.. if you take Warne out of RR, who is going to back them?? how many years he is going to play? same goes with gilly, kallis, kumble, dravid..
Warne and Gilly are just transient.There is no dearth of players who will want to come and play as long as it is run ethically and professionally and the money is there. The main guys who will be running the show will be the owners and the new IPL management crew post Modi. Most of the IPL owners are veteran businessmen who know how to keep things going and have a lot of vested interest and are having fun with the IPL.

Warne and Gilly are just transient.There is no dearth of players who will want to come and play as long as it is run ethically and professionally and the money is there. The main guys who will be running the show will be the owners and the new IPL management crew post Modi. Most of the IPL owners are veteran businessmen who know how to keep things going and have a lot of vested interest and are having fun with the IPL.
Ummm.. yes players would want to play but who would want to watch say RR without Warne.. you will know what I am talking about in couple of years when IPL with no SRT, no RD, no Kumble, no Warne.. Punjab is already missing STAR power now.. lets see how punjab looks without YUVI.. In fact, upcoming auction and reshuffling will be very interesting.. could be make or break for IPL teams

Modi is being given much more credit than he deserves . India had a lot of factors such as strong economy, huge cricket fanbase, infrastructure(world class stadia in all major cities) , corporate houses with bags of cash and a well developed television network to telecast the matches. Modi has not "created" IPL. He is just a shrewd businessman, vested with infinite amounts of power, and he realized that money can be made out of all the above points.