Should Betting Be Allowed In Cricket?

don_corleone840

Should Betting Be Allowed In Cricket?  

1. 1.

• YES
    • NO

ENGLAND HAS NEVER WON A WORLD CUP End of discussion. Shameful for the "inventors" for cricket, is it Azari manasa (Maharashtrians will get this) :hehe:?
not really - English fans prefer and always have preferred Test cricket - at least we are loyal unlike Indian fair weather fans who always like the format that gave them their last win...

The "home town heroes" who won in England the last time they toured.
I'll give you that but, speaking as one who went to all three tests in that series - it was close Lord's India nine down - had it not rained England would have one Trent Bridge - decided by the toss - dodgy pitch and dodgy weather - any half decent swing bowler on the first morning would have destroyed the batting side - so India won that Oval - flat pitch nobody had any chance of winning on that.

I'll give you that but, speaking as one who went to all three tests in that series - it was close Lord's India nine down - had it not rained England would have one Trent Bridge - decided by the toss - dodgy pitch and dodgy weather - any half decent swing bowler on the first morning would have destroyed the batting side - so India won that Oval - flat pitch nobody had any chance of winning on that.
Good execuse. Had Dravid enforced the follow-on you would have lost 2-0. :hysterical::giggle: And didn't weather help you at Ashes .:haha::haha:

Good execuse. Had Dravid enforced the follow-on you would have lost 2-0. :hysterical::giggle: And didn't weather help you at Ashes .:haha::haha:
um....no last summer was great actually - the only test that was severely rain damaged was one that we were winning:haha:

The English team dominated for about ten years in the 50s and in the early 70s India has dominated (if that really can be applied to the home town heroes) for five months. Our team is made up of eleven Englishmen.
lol 50's and 70's? What happened after that? West Indies pwned you? You should also look at the history of India and England before even comparing them. We started taking cricket seriously after 70's and particularly after 1983 world cup.
India has dominated (if that really can be applied to the home town heroes) for five months.
Well may be you do not know about FTP(Future tours programme). BCCI doesn't decide the FTP. All BCCI can do is to arrange a series here and there just like South Africa series which concluded recently.
Our team is made up of eleven Englishmen.
And pigs can fly.

Same way i can say had it been not rained in Brisbane test in 2003. We would have won that test. Infact we were very close of beating Australia in that series. And then came the Sydney test where Sachin made 241. :(( In 2008 also it was a close series. In 2004 rain saved Aus in Chennai test. You don't even know how many times rain have spoiled our victory chances.

Trent Bridge - decided by the toss - dodgy pitch and dodgy weather - any half decent swing bowler on the first morning would have destroyed the batting side - so India won that
Typical English conditions, in other words - are you going to discredit the many victories England have achieved on such pitches over the years as well? You were well beaten by India - accept that and move on instead of making excuses even after three years.

lol 50's and 70's? What happened after that? West Indies pwned you? You should also look at the history of India and England before even comparing them. We started taking cricket seriously after 70's and particularly after 1983 world cup. lets face it England have won series in every country - a certain team has yet even to do that Well may be you do not know about FTP(Future tours programme). BCCI doesn't decide the FTP. All BCCI can do is to arrange a series here and there just like South Africa series which concluded recently. so you are justly number one with two away series wins since 2007?....right - real champion sides such as SA win all over the world...even in Australia. And pigs can fly.
ummm do you know what an Englishman is - I know its hard for foreigners to understand that Brtiain really is a multicultural society - once someone has their British Passport they are as British as the rest of the British....to not consider players on the basis of where they were born is Illegal.

Typical English conditions' date=' in other words - are you going to discredit the many victories England have achieved on such pitches over the years as well? You were well beaten by India - accept that and move on instead of making excuses even after three years.[/quote'] I'm not discrediting the victory - as I said I'm sure it was a gret victory for you guys, but that is how cricket happens in England and you have to accept that there is an element of luck.

not really - English fans prefer and always have preferred Test cricket - at least
The reason English fans prefer test cricket is because they suck at other formats. Its very simple.
we are loyal unlike Indian fair weather fans who always like the format that gave them their last win...
Thanks thats why we are doing well in two formats. And we are actually number one in test cricket. Indian test team deserve some respect from English loyal fans.

I'm not discrediting the victory - as I said I'm sure it was a gret victory for you guys' date=' but that is how cricket happens in England and you have to accept that there is an element of luck.[/quote'] An element of luck in sports? Seriously? Who would've thought? Look, I know it is difficult for you to accept especially given your trolling mission against India on this board, but you were well beaten at Trent Bridge by India - you can try rationalize that however you want to.

An element of luck in sports? Seriously? Who would've thought? Look, I know it is difficult for you to accept especially given your trolling mission against India on this board, but you were well beaten at Trent Bridge by India - you can try rationalize that however you want to.
England were lucky to win 2005 Ashes series.

The reason English fans prefer test cricket is because they suck at other formats. Its very simple. Thanks thats why we are doing well in two formats. And we are actually number one in test cricket. Indian test team deserve some respect from English loyal fans.
its hard to respect a number one team that has won two series away in three years. We respected the Aussies and saffers as number ones and one of them will be there again very soon.

An element of luck in sports? Seriously? Who would've thought? Look, I know it is difficult for you to accept especially given your trolling mission against India on this board, but you were well beaten at Trent Bridge by India - you can try rationalize that however you want to.
I think Indians are too paranoid...I have no problem with India but I do not have to accept that they are the best - but posing that view just gets me abuse.

I'm not discrediting the victory - as I said I'm sure it was a gret victory for you guys' date=' but that is how cricket happens in England and you have to accept that there is an element of luck.[/quote'] There can be an element of luck, but it can't be fought. '02 Headingly, weather conditions and pitch would have suggested, batting 1st is suicide, yet India batted first, Bangar and Dravid set up shop and made sure not to lose a wicket, we didn't score many runs on the 1st day, but day 2 was carnage with Tendulkar and Ganguly on a rampage.