GOD on Twitter : Sachdan gets reply from Tendulkar

Andy

Tell us what you really said to Rahul Dravid after he declared the innings with you on 194 in Multan. So you said you were "disappointed" but did you march into the dressing room and point the bat to his chest and say, "You and me, outside, right now, punk"?
:hysterical::hysterical:

Some funny suggestions though. He should start that sledging war with Warne' date=' though I feel Warne will bully him. Sachin is too nice and Warne is, welll he's an Aussie[/quote'] Bullying on the net is different. The one with the brain usually wins on the net. :D

Goddy is out of form in twitter now .. after a T20 start, he went to ODI mode and now he is going to test mode .. I have been seeing the followers around the 250K mark for quite a few days now ... he crossed 170K in only 48 hours and then slowed down completely :headshake:

You expected the followers to rise at the same rate all year long? :headshake:
nope but I hoped he would reach 1 million if not more very quickly .. the highest I know of any Indian is Tharoor with around 700,000+ .. I thought he would cross many international twitter fan bases too but it does not seem so now .. I dont see him reaching even twitter 100 in the next one year at this pace now

Tendulkar tweet raises Rs 67L for cancer kids MUMBAI: Call it an outpouring of faith or a measure of star-struck fans. But a single Tweet from Indian willow star Sachin Tendulkar could actually change the lives of many cancer-afflicted children. Twitter fans of the cricketer from across the country and the world — from Malad to Manhattan and from Fort to Florida — reached out to help children after he tweeted on Thursday. In less than 24 hours since the cricketer tweeted on the social networking site for support, the kitty of the Sachin's Crusade Against Cancer in Children showed almost Rs 67 lakh. Several corporate houses and individuals ha signed up to dine with the Tendulkars on May 27 even as around a hundred individuals had electronically sent in sums ranging from Rs 100 to Rs 5,000 for the cause. "It is all about changing goodwill into support for a good cause," says Dr P Jagannath, the cancer surgeon whose website indiacancer.org has roped in Tendulkar for the charity drive. The campaign's aim is to raise Rs 1 crore as the initial corpus. This would help the group raise Rs 10 lakh each year to help treatment of about 20 cancer-afflicted children. Cancer care is extremely expensive as it involves recurring costs for medicines, tests and surgery. Costs for some childhood cancers run into lakhs. "This campaign seeks to raise funds for children afflicted by cancer anywhere in India and under treatment in any good hospital," says the doctor. In Mumbai in particular, it is a well-known fact that charity helps parentspatients get treatment. Be it public hospitals such as KEM, Sion or Nair Hospitals or private trust hospitals such as Hinduja, Jaslok or Lilavati, donations into the poor box funds help many pateints from humble backgrounds. Temple trusts and community funding are other known funding agencies. Tweeting about his new drive on Thursday afternoon, Tendulkar exhorted his 2.85 lakh followers in Twitter-dom to "Join hands with me to give a new lease of life and hope to children afflicted from cancer". Fans can either chip in sums ranging rom Rs 2,000 to Rs 25,000 for the cause and get personally signed mementoes or meet the star to make higher contributions. On May 27, Tendulkar is hosting an exclusive charity dinner in the city for the cause. Dinner for one would mean shelling out Rs 50,000 while a family outing with the Tendulkars would work out to Rs 1 lakh.
Link Sach :hail::hail:

Have all the ICFers started following him? I doubt it. The pace at which he is moving after the first two days' date=' there is no way he'll beat the most popular Twitter user![/quote'] y does he have to be the world's most popular twitter user? :dontknow: most popular indian / cricketer should be enough :giggle: