Which batting record is the toughest to beat?

Which batting record is the toughest to beat?  

1. 1.

• Tendulkar (all at once) - Highest score (ODI), highest total runs (ODI/Test), Most 100's (Test/ODI)
    • Yuvraj SIngh Fastest T20 fifty - (50 off 12 balls)
    • Bradman's 99.94
    • Shahid Afridi - Fastest ODI hundred (37 balls)
    • Virender Sehwag - Fastest Test 300 (278 balls)
    • Jayasuriya - fastest ODI 50 - (17 balls)
    • Tendulkar's fastest ODI 200 (147 balls)
    • Bradman - most runs in a day Tests (309 runs)
    • D Gower Tests - most consecutive innings without a duck (119)
    • Others - please specify in your posts

Fastest player to reach 2000 (in 22 innings)' date=' 3000 (33 innings), 4000 (48 innings), 5000 (56 innings) and 6000 (68 innings) Test runs. This is just ridiculous :hatsoff:[/quote'] All of Bradman's records. Btw, an interesting stat, Ponting requires 72 runs in the next three innings to break Sachin's record of the Fastest Batsman to 12,000 Test runs in terms of number of innings played. Lara needed only 47 runs in 14 innings to break the 12000 record but then he called it quits. Could've easily broken it.
still SRT has more records:--D didnt understand this
You realise most of those records are completely irrelevant.. like does anyone really care that Tendulkar became the first overseas born player to represent Yorkshire? Of course not. It means he scored 100 in a session. I.e. he starts the day on 0 and by lunch has a century or starts after lunch on 0 and scores a 100 by tea, yes?
That 2 triple 100 record of DGB and triple in a day used to be DGB's some of the spectacular records till Sehwag broke them Facing infinitely better bowlers such as Steyn' date=' Morkel, Ntini, Kallis, Shoaib, Saqlain and Harris and reminded what might have happened to the piddly trundlers that used to operate back in the days of DGB. The only way he would have gotten out was through sheer boredem. Its all good to point out DGB's records but perspective is a different thing.[/quote'] Whatever man, we've been through this before and only one eyed Tendulkar fans boys were willing to argue that Tendulkar was better than Bradman.
You realise most of those records are completely irrelevant.. like does anyone really care that Tendulkar became the first overseas born player to represent Yorkshire? Of course not.
yes.i realise that.i just copied the list frm somewhere:--Dbut if u say that Bradman was first to score 2000,3000,4000 test runs.i can also say that SRT was first to score 15000,16000,17000 ODI runs,these arent meaningful records.these r expected wen we r talking of Bradman n SRT.
It means he scored 100 in a session. I.e. he starts the day on 0 and by lunch has a century or starts after lunch on 0 and scores a 100 by tea, yes?
okay,thanks fr clarifying:hatsoff:

Bradman`s record is the toughest to beat. It requires out of the world consistency. Only God knows how Bradman achieved that :S Tendulkar`s is a close second. That`s basically consistency coupled with longevity. Fastest hundreds/fifties are records that can be broken any day and by anyone. They`re certainly not as difficult as the above mentioned ones

Yeah I mean how freaking hard can it be to average nearly a hundred over 54 tests? It can't be as easy as you make it out to be, considering no one has even gotten close to it in over 100 years.. (by the way, Bradman has more than 5 meaningful records as well). Highest average Most runs in a day Most double centuries Most runs in a series Fastest player to reach 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, and 6000 Test runs. All it takes from to beat Tendulkar's is consistency and longevity. Players like Ponting and Lara have both come close to beating his records, whereas NO ONE has come close to the Don's.
Exactly my point. If it was in the same era, then it is possible to say it can be broken. So we have few great players now and their career will show similar records. If we cannot get 1 guy to score average of 100 in even 10 matches that tells you that the standard of cricket has gone up miles. PERIOD Bradman was the Finest of all and has played in somewhat easy conditions back then (Pitches, Bowlers, fielding standard etc). What tendulkar has achieved is very tough to beat but couple of guys equally good came closer to beat those... point is if there was Tendulkar, Lara or Pointing playing in those days, I can bet they would have had good records as well who knows better than DGB. To me, I would never compare anyone with Bradman.. None.absolutely different conditions. We as SRT fans should stop defending him in front of DGB as he did not play along with SRT in the same era. Dare compare Lara and Pont with him and you get the exact picture. SRT's era is well documented with pictures, videos, stats etc. So as the time passes, let alone SRT, it will be tough to beat even Lara and Pontings records.