The Health and Fitness Thread

The Outsider

Re: The Health and Fitness Thread

Facking hell preds. Is that really you? Only thing I would say is that I would destroy you in a run, but hey you look good :hmph:
hahaha...i wouldn't be so sure. How quickly can you run a mile ?
Damn Pred I am vegetarian so can't really take many tips from your diet You did not say how long it took you to get to King Leonidas stage?
I don't think it's physically possible to become chiselled on a vegetarian diet; regardless of how many soya beans you chew on every day ! ...and I was always quite fit; played lots of sports from a very young age. Started lifting weights about 4 years ago. Went from a 150 lbs frame to my current weight of 185

Re: The Health and Fitness Thread Not bad predz, reminded me of my glory days. Now it's jus gettin increasingly harder to get rid of them love-handles with all the binge drinking [Edit: Pic removed for fear of fire frm all the hotness.. (and G.ays)]

I don't think it's physically possible to become chiselled on a vegetarian diet; regardless of how many soya beans you chew on every day !
Here you go vegetarian body builders...actually most of them are more than just vegetarian...they are VEGAN :hic: Plus most importantly non-steroid and clean! So meat definitely is not needed :hic: I personally just want to stay fit and lean and not too bulky. I like the physique of the guy in the third photo. That type is my aim. comp_front1.jpgb18.jpgtopher12.jpgrc3.jpgb2.jpg

I can run it quicker then you preds thats all you need to know :hmph: Your bulk will not allow you to run these distances and further in a good time. My lean athleic body will always win these cardio excersises! :hic:
Yeah, yeah, whatever u say m8 What is your fastest time recorded for the mile run ? Give it a go and lemme know

I don't think it's physically possible to become chiselled on a vegetarian diet; regardless of how many soya beans you chew on every day !
Here you go vegetarian body builders...actually most of them are more than just vegetarian...they are VEGAN :hic: Plus most importantly non-steroid and clean! So meat definitely is not needed :hic: I personally just want to stay fit and lean and not too bulky. I like the physique of the guy in the third photo. That type is my aim. comp_front1.jpgb18.jpgtopher12.jpgrc3.jpgb2.jpg
I'll just like to add on this....that saying veggies cant be built and toned... aload of BS. The ones above are vegan...not even veggies so they dont even eat dairy. One Pot of cottage cheese (250g) contains 22 grams of protein and its low in fat. IMG_2516_edited-3b.gif The guy above is 52.....

Re: The Health and Fitness Thread Bill_stand_pose.jpg Never heard of a famous vegetarian bodybuilder? Bill Pearl is probably the most well-known of vegetarian bodybuilders. At his own peak as a bodybuilder when he last won the Mr. Universe in 1971, Bill weighed 242 pounds at a height of 5'10" and his arms measured 21 inches! Bill stopped using steroids by 1961. He won the professional Mr. Universe title in 1971, at the age of 41, without the use of steroids and as a vegetarian, and is recognized as one of the all-time greats of bodybuilding. Bill's diet is lacto-ovo vegetarian, which means he eats eggs and dairy products.

Re: The Health and Fitness Thread I am sorry - pardon my ignorance; but i have never, ever seen or heard of someone training on a vegetarian diet. Besides, people have differing interpretations of vegetarianism - ie; some abstain from meat but still consume fish and eggs. If one of you cabbage heads wants to try to prove me wrong, by all means - go ahead. Post your programme, a few pics tracking your development and then i might be convinced...

I am sorry - pardon my ignorance; but i have never' date=' ever seen or heard of someone training on a vegetarian diet. Besides, people have differing interpretations of vegetarianism - ie; some abstain from meat but still consume fish and eggs. If one of you cabbage heads wants to try to prove me wrong, by all means - go ahead. Post your programme, a few pics tracking your development and then i might be convinced...[/quote'] I have to confirm there are couple of builders in our gym that are in fantastic shape and they did mention they are vegetarians. I have gone vegetarian too but take iron supplements. Initially it felt like eating rabbit food but now I've come to admire it as I don't put on weight when I take a break from gym or cricket. Usually meat is probably the quickest way to put on bulk. It takes a little more time on a vegetarian diet.

I am sorry - pardon my ignorance; but i have never' date=' ever seen or heard of someone training on a vegetarian diet. [/quote'] I would second that. Yes one can obviously find exceptions and say how he/she knows a person who is a veggie and in great shape but thats like saying someone fell off 10th floor and still survived. Well guess what not everyone who falls from 10th floor survives. I have a rather simple take on this. If one beleives in Evolution I suppose it is fair to say that our ancestors were Hunters and Gatherers. It doesnt make sense that they would hunt/kill if they could survive on plants. In other words eating meat is almost natural to human beings. I do not expect everyone to agree to it but thats my thought. Personally I have tried 100% veggie diet for a few months and felt good in some ways, bad in others. I was more at peace and generally had great bowel movements(sorry!). However I couldnt lift to save my life and my built went down quite convincingly. On the other hand when I ate meat a lot I was more aggressive, had upset stomach at times but was jacked like a Pro builder and strength went up the roof. I now use a lot of meat/eggs/dairy along with green vegetables beans etc and I would say this is what suits me best. xxx

I'm an eggitarian (? .. i.e. vegetarian except eggs) and in decent shape.
Hang on, weren't you talking about your love handles a while back ?
Hehe yeah, but they're not that exaggerated and a recent occurence, as I've become less active *sigh*. That's why I said "decent" shape and not "great" :roll:

Hehe yeah, but they're not that exaggerated and a recent occurence, as I've become less active *sigh*. That's why I said "decent" shape and not "great" :roll:
On this thread, you can't say you are in decent shape unless you post some pics

On this thread, you can't say you are in decent shape unless you post some pics
[Edited]

Re: The Health and Fitness Thread No need for the mugshot, this is a fitness thread - torsos only Thanks for the pic, BTW. You look strong but flabby; i'd recommend you swim laps in a pool three times a week. Then again, it all depends on how you want to look. I personally associate good fitness with cut muscle, but others can disagree.

Re: The Health and Fitness Thread I agree about the flabbiness, like I said I haven't been working out regularly for the last year or so, and my diet is spinning out of control.. hence the reminiscing about a fitter past in the previous post. My priorities don't motivate me enough to spend as much time on fitness these days. I guess you gotta wait until you get to my age to get philosophical like that :duh: (not that I'm middle aged or anything, but yeah late 20's do that to u)