need inspiration to lose weight?

kabira

Adnan Sami going fat to fit! By MIO Team Apr 06, 2007, 15:43 Printer friendly page Adnan Sami is basking in happiness leaving the weighty days behind him. He has lost 107 kg weight and has come down from 206 kg to 99 kg. It has no less than a feat for him to accomplish the Herculean task. Adnan was fit as a kid and teenager but after 20?s he became careless about himself. Before he released things went beyond control. He believes it was genetic and would hide behind some excuse. Later after his divorce in 1997 from Zeba Bakhtiyar and when his son was separated from him he went through a very low phase and started comforting himself with food. He was a foodie and a good cook who added all the lethal ingredients including cream, desi ghee, cheese and red meat to his meal. It went on until Adnan to his worry discovered that he has reached 206 kilos. His father was determined and asked him to put all work on hold and reduce weight. Adnan went to the US and with help started to live a normal life again. Adnan?s priority is to lose more weight and come down to around 70 to 75 kg. ?Everybody is structured differently. Some eat truckloads and nothing happens to them. While for some like me, even water is butter. People don't realise obesity is as much a disease as alcoholism or any other addiction. For me it was a nightmare. Life had come to standstill. I would walk a few steps and start gasping. I could never lie down and sleep. I couldn?t travel. At 206 kg my doctor said he was giving me just six months to live. I didn?t want to accept reality. It was a do or die situation. Diet, exercise and will power are my secret. I was never a salad person. But today I love it. I do one hour of treadmill and cycling. I feel resurrected. I once again have control over my life.?

Re: need inspiration to lose weight? I saw him recently on Filmfare and man he looked skinny! He looks incredibly thinner and I am surprised at how well he has pulled this off. I am trying to loose around 15 kg and its already hard for me. But I have made up my mind and when summer comes, I will be jogging in morning, than working and playing cricket atleast 3 times a week. Hopefully it should bring me down to my goal. I want to loose weight but I eat more the more I worry...Though I am not that fat, I still want to loose extra weight. I should of taken care of myself by not eating junk food :wall:

Re: need inspiration to lose weight?

Did he loose it by doing cardio workout or lipo?
?Everybody is structured differently. Some eat truckloads and nothing happens to them. While for some like me, even water is butter. People don't realise obesity is as much a disease as alcoholism or any other addiction. For me it was a nightmare. Life had come to standstill. I would walk a few steps and start gasping. I could never lie down and sleep. I couldn?t travel. At 206 kg my doctor said he was giving me just six months to live. I didn?t want to accept reality. It was a do or die situation. Diet, exercise and will power are my secret. I was never a salad person. But today I love it. I do one hour of treadmill and cycling. I feel resurrected. I once again have control over my life.?

Did he loose it by doing cardio workout or lipo?
?Everybody is structured differently. Some eat truckloads and nothing happens to them. While for some like me, even water is butter. People don't realise obesity is as much a disease as alcoholism or any other addiction. For me it was a nightmare. Life had come to standstill. I would walk a few steps and start gasping. I could never lie down and sleep. I couldn?t travel. At 206 kg my doctor said he was giving me just six months to live. I didn?t want to accept reality. It was a do or die situation. Diet, exercise and will power are my secret. I was never a salad person. But today I love it. I do one hour of treadmill and cycling. I feel resurrected. I once again have control over my life.?
Abhe wo jo bhi bolta hai tu man lega kya? Michael Jackson kehat hai ke usne kabhi plastic surgery nahi ke hai...mana tu? :lmao:
Diet, exercise and will power are my secret.
Lipo ke phele or lipo ke bade? :lmao:

Abhe wo jo bhi bolta hai tu man lega kya? Michael Jackson kehat hai ke usne kabhi plastic surgery nahi ke hai...mana tu? :lmao:
Diet, exercise and will power are my secret.
Lipo ke phele or lipo ke bade? :lmao:
Now that is the million doallar question :lmao:

Me too man I wanna shred atleast 15 kilos
If it's any consolation then I always thought of you as a very skinny and tall guy :hic:
hehe, no mate..never skinny at all Always average but gained bit weight, especially after quitting smoking

Re: need inspiration to lose weight? people, who dont have time to religiously follow diet and and not interested in weights..... i have got a very simple suggestion for u..... go jogging first thing in the morning.... no coffee, tea, nothing... have 2 glasses of water and jog for 20-30 mins.... fast walking will do too.... u dont have to do any other exercise... i will guarantee u a significant fat loss within a month.... ur body is depleted of glucose due to fasting the whole night.... so when u go jogging as soon as u get up, u r going into dip into ur fat reserves immediately.... whereas, when u do it in the middle of the day, the initial glycogen has to be depleted before the body taps into the fat reserves.... which means, u will have to do for 50 mins, what u accomplish by doing 20 mins in the morning..... make sure, u dont jog too fast.... otherwise, u will be going anaerobic and losing muscle.... a nice slow jog will be best.... keeping ur heart beat around 120....

Re: need inspiration to lose weight? gator wrote>>>whereas, when u do it in the middle of the day, the initial glycogen has to be depleted before the body taps into the fat reserves.... which means, u will have to do for 50 mins, what u accomplish by doing 20 mins in the morning.... You are so right..hubby jogs for 30 min after drinking a big glass of lime juice with salt only.....and he never gains any weight. I wish i could get up early enough and then move around ...i am not a morning person... :roll::roll:

I wish i could get up early enough and then move around ...i am not a morning person...
it doesnt have to be early morning.... it could be as soon as u get up.... if u dont have time, then it could be anytime in the day, provided u have not eaten anything in 4 hours.... so jus before lunch could be good too... but definietly not as effective as morning, cso u would be fasting for atleast 10 hours during sleep....