Bengali's supporting bangla's

Holysmoke

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Bengali's supporting bangla's datta is fake character there in the news I can understand other fellow cheering for bangaldehs.. and those who draw comparison of nepali sikkim tamil across th border are overlooking the fact that goes on in bangaldesh against hindu folks.. yes in normal circmusttnaces I wud have bought this concept not here.. bloody in bangaldesh they butcher and right across the borer u want me to believe people love bangaldesh.. u are not fooling anyone sir

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Bengali's supporting bangla's BTW Dada was the cheer leader of sledging operation in bangal game...... he may be tough character but usually dada doesn't take part in on-field bash but he did against bangaldesh ..no freaking wayyyyyyyyyyy a bengali hindu can support bangis given what is going on across the border..

Re: Bengali's supporting bangla's Language and culture is a great binding factor too ya know, despite differing religions. I've been to Kolkotta many times as my sis lives there, and I've noticed the amount of pride they have in their language. I'm a punjabi, and if you look at India/Pakistani Punjabis as well.. there are similar similar sentiments there. The fact is that these were all one people speaking one language and sharing the same culture. They have been separated based on a new religion spread through propaganda, etc, but underneath that a bengali from india is more similar to a bengali from bangladesh than say a punjabi from india, mainly because of the culture and language. Edit: I'd like to add another dimension to this that what I mentioned above will be more prevalent in the rural areas as those areas have a more parochial (and unadulterated) view of their culture and language.

Re: Bengali's supporting bangla's

CC - do you support Banglastan in cricket now ? Just curious
Not really. But i do think if Ashraful and Mashrafe were Indians, i'd have them in the team ahead of the Pathans, Agarkars, etc. Believe it or not, i am not that big a cricket fan by Indian standards- thats why you see me more in OT section than cricket section.

Re: Bengali's supporting bangla's Well said Varun- well said. Those who focus too much at religion and religion induced scenarios forget that its not the end-all, be-all in all walks of life. Culture, language, etc. are almost just as important. There is nothing wrong in how the Indian Bengalis-Bangladeshis or Indian Punjabis/Pak Punjabis as you say share a special relationship.

Re: Bengali's supporting bangla's It's just to piss ppl off Gai. It sees which country ppl are coming from and puts that country's flag underneath a sniper's crosshairs :lmao: If i get too much flak for it, i'll replace the crosshairs with a thumbs up or somethin :chin:

It's just to piss off ppl Gai. It sees which country you're coming from and puts that country's flag underneath a sniper's crosshairs :lmao: If i get too much flak for it, i'll replace the crosshairs with a thumbs up or somethin :chin:
You're lucky I am not a mod... :chin:

It's just to piss ppl off Gai. It sees which country ppl are coming from and puts that country's flag underneath a sniper's crosshairs :lmao: If i get too much flak for it, i'll replace the crosshairs with a thumbs up or somethin :chin:
:hic:

supporting a team when your own is out is fine but doing it with a passion displayed here is murky....but havent we been thru this sort of ***** before?
At the end of the day, this is just a bunch of guys whacking a ball with a stick, mate. You or I or anyone else- we have no right to question why/how people support which team(s) in sport and do not. It is such a petty thing to draw nationalism and national loyalties into a sport. I know Indians who support opposition team over India ( particularly true for some older gen. folks i know who are die-hard West Indies fan even over India despite being Indians) but some of them are more 'likely' to defend the motherland in times of need than some of the self-proclaimed 'desh-bhakts' you see here who jumped ship to foreign nations at first opportunity.

what the hell :mad: .. first they boo'ed the Indian cricket team against SA, and now this.. Eden Gardens should never get a bloody cricket match again. Worst cricket crowd in the world. :mad:
My sentiments exactly...i hate the eden garden crowd after that booing :tired: .

Well said Varun- well said. Those who focus too much at religion and religion induced scenarios forget that its not the end-all, be-all in all walks of life. Culture, language, etc. are almost just as important. There is nothing wrong in how the Indian Bengalis-Bangladeshis or Indian Punjabis/Pak Punjabis as you say share a special relationship.
u touched upon religion, language, culture etc.... OK..... how come u left out nationality..... the first thing tht comes for me, and most in this forum is COUNTRY.... if someone harms my country, he is my enemy.... it could be my own family, forget religion...

how come u left out nationality.....
Because it is not the number 1 thing for most people - atleast, people who put nationalism over anything else are almost insignificant in numbers compared to people who put language/culture/race/religion first. Personally, i am not a nationalist- infact, i am anti-nationalist slightly. My like/loyalty/admiration for India is not based on the arbitary lines on the map today that represents India- but over 5000 years of culture, history and philosophy stemming from the subcontinent. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but i find the notion of nationality to be rather petty. Suddenly I am going to fight you because some map shows a line between your purple colored nation and my brown colored nation ? I don't think so....

how come u left out nationality.....
Because it is not the number 1 thing for most people - atleast, people who put nationalism over anything else are almost insignificant in numbers compared to people who put language/culture/race/religion first. Personally, i am not a nationalist- infact, i am anti-nationalist slightly. My like/loyalty/admiration for India is not based on the arbitary lines on the map today that represents India- but over 5000 years of culture, history and philosophy stemming from the subcontinent. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but i find the notion of nationality to be rather petty. Suddenly I am going to fight you because some map shows a line between your purple colored nation and my brown colored nation ? I don't think so....
thank god, u r a minority.... try a poll, u will see how lonely u r with ur unpatriotic mates.... i am not sure, u would be posting this, if u were working as a slave for some white master, cos u dont believe in nationalism and hence nobody fought them off in ur ideal country where there is no patriotism...

thank god, u r a minority.... try a poll, u will see how lonely u r with ur unpatriotic mates.... i am not sure, u would be posting this, if u were working as a slave for some white master, cos u dont believe in nationalism and hence nobody fought them off in ur ideal country where there is no patriotism...
???!?? You really think i am in the minority ? I know zillions of desis my age from highschool days and university days- most of whom are back in India - and most of them are not patriotic except for the token patriotism of respecting the national song or something. Nationalists in almost every country i've been to are fringe minority but very vocal. At the end of the day, you gotto realize that most people want to just have a good job, good sex/relationship life, kids, friends, family, etc. Not go marching down the street with banners. And slave ? white master ? its got nothing to do with nationalism...