LeBum!!!!!

coffee_rules

alg_lebum.jpg :hysterical: LeBron James chooses the Miami Heat: Fans of New York Knicks, Cleveland Cavaliers are devastated BY Matthew Lysiak In Cleveland, and Andrew Phillips, Calvin Men and Jonathan Lemire DAILY NEWS WRITERS Friday, July 9th 2010, 4:00 AM Knicks fans react to LeBron James' decision to join the Miami Heat. Theodorakis/News Knicks fans react to LeBron James' decision to join the Miami Heat. A Cavaliers fan sheds tears after hearing the news that LeBron is leaving town. Smith for News A Cavaliers fan sheds tears after hearing the news that LeBron is leaving town. Take our Poll LeBron's rotten apple How will you react when LeBron James comes to Madison Square Garden to play the Knicks? Boo, he's a sellout and could have been King of New York Cheer, watching greatness always deserves a round of applause I stopped going to Knicks games a long time ago MORE LeBRON COVERAGE * Articles * LeBron spurns Knicks, will join Wade and Bosh with Heat * Lupica: Huge moment in NBA history unfolds in this small gym of dreams * Lawrence: LeBron tells New York to get lost * Raissman: ESPN puts tent over own circus The King claimed the wrong throne. Heartbroken Knicks fans - convinced LeBron James was coming to revive New York basketball - raged Thursday that the coveted free agent elected to reign in Miami. "He killed us," said crestfallen fan Mike Marcone, 24, of West Harrison, N.Y. "We've been waiting for this day for two years and it didn't work." And their shock was echoed by Cleveland Cavaliers fans, devastated that their native son would flee to the sun and sand of South Beach. James' decision to play with fellow stars Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh with the Heat instead of taking the court at Madison Square Garden didn't sit well with the hundreds of Knicks fans who gathered outside the world's most famous arena. "I'm surprised and pissed at the same time," Marcone said. Clad in the iconic blue-and-orange jerseys of their favorite team, the fans huddled around cell phones to learn where James would be playing this fall. When James, who has anointed himself "King," announced he was shunning the Big Apple, the crowd booed and immediately started chanting derogatory chants about their would-be-savior. Knicks fans gathered in bars across the city and held their breath, praying their team - which purposely imploded over the last two years to clear salary space for James - could lure the talented 25-year-old superstar. And when the city was spurred, the jeers rang out. "I don't know how you can be King on a team with two other superstars," said Michael Eassinger, 24, watching in the Village Pour House. "It shows he has no competitive edge. " Betrayed Cleveland fans, who long feared the day when James would flee his hometown, screamed "Betrayal!" at bar televisions when the much-hyped decision was announced. "There goes the team, there goes the city, there goes my g--damn life right down the ...toilet," said Peter Wells, 28, a Kent State student as he ripped his James jersey off. "Good ...riddance." "I knew we couldn't trust LeBron. We gave him our hearts and he just stomped on it," said Michael Ladoszka, 29, manager at the Harry Buffalo bar. "Congratulations LeBron - you are officially the most hated man in the world...or at least in Cleveland," he said. While New York and Cleveland were devastated, fans in Miami danced in the streets, celebrating that their city instantly became the epicenter of the NBA. "We are going to dominate," a joyous Marti Acosta told the Miami Herald. "I am elated." jlemire@nydailynews.com Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/07/09/2010-07-09_the_most_hated_man_in_2_cities.html#ixzz0tCh3EOXk

Obviously bad blood between the owner and Lebron which we didn't know about, otherwise can't imagine him not even talking with them or informing them in advance of his decision. anyways, the Heat are a realistic threat to the Lakers' chance of a three-peat which pisses me off. The Cleveland owner's open letter his fans, that seems pretty low class to me. Not sure if you guys have read that, the owner talks about how Lebron didn't even give his 100%. If the guy was so bad, why the heck do you want to resign him in the first place?