Do you use English at home?

head coach

Re: Do you use English at home?

i have seen lot of hispanics here in usa' date=' born here in usa, but speak perfect spanish too.. they have pride, feeling of nationalism.... OTH, lot of Desis dont have that much pride perhapz.. and hence are so called "ABCD" but then this case is exceptional for some ppl,[/quote'] I am an "ABCD" (whatever the f*ck that stands for) but i can speak FLUENT hindi. My parents always spoke to me in hindi, and i always converse with them in hindi whenever i am visiting them at home or talking to 'em on the phone.
Predz you ABCD ... :eek::eek:
:eek::eek::eek: Family is of Bihari/UP descent; hence the hindi connection

I can understand Punjabi' date=' Bengali, [b']Bhojpuri and Maghi and can speak a little Manipuri.
Arre how did I forget that? :wall: :wall: I can speak fluent Magahi..decent Bhojpuri..and fairly okay Maithili....understand Nagpuri(language of Ranchi).. Thanks for reminding Gambit..How come Magahi though? Any connection you have in Patna/Gaya area? :chin:

My whole family can speak Maithli. I can understand every word of it' date=' but could never speak it. Tau ki karecche, kathil karechhe ?[/quote'] yeah thats Maithili..It depends on one's opinion but I have heard many people suggest Maithili is one of the sweetest language. I beleive DR is from North Bihar area..he should be a Maharathi of Maithili. By the way Maithili is not very different from Nepali..atleast the border area between Nepal and North Bihar has a khichdi language that is a working Maithili version.

I can understand Punjabi' date=' Bengali, [b']Bhojpuri and Maghi and can speak a little Manipuri.
Arre how did I forget that? :wall: :wall: I can speak fluent Magahi..decent Bhojpuri..and fairly okay Maithili....understand Nagpuri(language of Ranchi).. Thanks for reminding Gambit..How come Magahi though? Any connection you have in Patna/Gaya area? :chin:
Patna, Chaas and Dhanbad. :hmph:

Bhojpuri and Maghi and can speak a little Manipuri.
damn wtf i havent even heard of those languages... except bhojpuri.. heard of bhojpuri somewhere... i can speak, read, and write, hindi marathi gujarati and english :hic:

Re: Do you use English at home? I am the Hindi teacher for my Sister-in-Law (she is a Haitian) and to my Neice (daugher of my cuz and the same sis-in-law) and my nephew (my other sis married a telegu, so I take care of the Hindi part) :hmph:

Hehe lurker, you remind me of my Dad. The guy can speak Punjabi, Marathi, Gujarati, Oriya, Hindi, and write Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu.. Add his knowledge French and Italian into the mix, and I wonder why I got such a warped-accent
..so many languages? vow, what an asset So he learnt for his occupation or he was interested anyways

Re: Do you use English at home? When at home -- always mother tongue. now that i live away from home , its a mix of mother tongue( roomies are also from the same state) and ofcours english. All my lab mates are from diff parts of india and its tough for me to follow what thos guys speak..