food

Holysmoke

Re: food

I love Puran Poli too...Koi recipe hai to share karo bhai.. By the way how many of you like Bread ka meetha tukda?
whats that? engal gram(Kadalaparippu) - 300 gm Jaggery(Sharkkara) - 300 gm Cardamom(Elakka) powder - 1 tsp Allpurpose flour(Maida) - 150 gm Ghee - 1 tbsp Ghee while serving Preparation Method 1)Boil dal in plenty of water till soft but not broken. Drain in a colander for 10-15 minutes. 2)Pass through an almond grater little by little till all dal is grated. 3)Mash jaggery till the lumps break. 4)Mix together the dal and the jaggery. 5)Put the mixture in a heavy saucepan and cook till a soft lump is formed. Take care to stir continuously, so as not to charr. Keep it aside. 6)Mix together ghee, flour and enough water to make a soft pliable dough. 7)Take a morsel sized ball of the dough and roll into a 4" round. 8)Place same sized ball of filling in the centre, lift all round and seal the edges. 9)Reroll carefully to a 6" diameter round. 10)Roast on warm griddle till golden brown. 11)Repeat on the other side. 12)Take it on a serving plate and apply a tsp of ghee all over the top. Or you can shallow fry on griddle like a paratha for a better flavour. But this method will consume more ghee and therefore calories.

I love Puran Poli too...Koi recipe hai to share karo bhai.. By the way how many of you like Bread ka meetha tukda?
Lurker, thats called "Shahi Tukda" . My mom's speciality :wtg: I am not big on sweets but shahi tukda is what I can have anytime. :wtg: Yummm

BTW' date=' now we'll get indian mangoes in USA from this year on.. i cant wait :hic: :hic: :hic:[/quote'] we always get indian Mangoes in USA, but only Haphus from Mumbai, no other variety :wall: :wall: I love manggoes, and Missed them like anything. my growing up days, all my family would go to our mango orchards every wednesday (business day-off) and spend time there. dam i miss it :wall: :wall: :wall:

Haphus(Alphonso) is the best :wtg:
Dude! what all other variety have you tasted to come to that conclusion ?? there are 100's of mango varieties and to name a few.. dussheri, chausa, langda, kalmi .....(typical delicious varieties you would find in up north) Has anyone else tried these ones ???

Haphus(Alphonso) is the best :wtg:
there are 100's of mango varieties and to name a few.. dussheri, chausa, langda, kalmi .....(typical delicious varieties you would find in up north) Has anyone else tried these ones ???
tried most of them.. i remember going to Fal(Fruit) Mandi with parents in 90z(azad pur mandi).. there they used to keep diff types of mangoes..

Re: food yup! azad pur mandi is a big distribution center for fruits. I remember the guys we used to lease our orchards to, also used to sell fruits over there. So, you like Alphonso? may i ask if you take a tape measure to measure the mangoes to find those perfect ones with 4 inches in diameter as well as 4 inches in length(or height, however you call it) Gosh! this perfect measurement of Haphus reminds me of Waghle ki duniya anybody remember that show in early 90s :wtg: