Is Sexual orientation 'hard-wired' before birth?

head coach

Do you think it is fluid and incorporates an element of choice or is it fixed early in life. ps: This discussion is not to discriminate against a section of people therefore please be considerate when you raise your opinion. Mods, if you feel this discussion inappropriate you may delete it too. Thanks!

Re: Is Sexual orientation 'hard-wired' before birth?

:shrug: I can ask my non-straight friends...they might have a better answer.....
Aditi, They are always gonna pick the second option. But it is not medically proven yet. What you think when dealing with them is that by choice or is that by birth?

Re: Is Sexual orientation 'hard-wired' before birth? One of the questions that haunt me is why is it so prevalent in developed countries than in developing countries? Meaning the percentage of people you see out there. Does it relate to the life style and people wanting to choose it since it is acceptable?

Re: Is Sexual orientation 'hard-wired' before birth? Homosexuality among women is every man's fantasy ! :hic: :hic: Seriously speaking though , their is countless research done on this topic . The two main factors , I would think would be a. homosexuality by birth b. homosexuality due to Social and environmental influence etc. More studies indicate that most Homosexuals overwhelmingly believed their feelings and behavior were the result of social or environmental influences.

One of the questions that haunt me is why is it so prevalent in developed countries than in developing countries? Meaning the percentage of people you see out there. Does it relate to the life style and people wanting to choose it since it is acceptable?
The fear of persecution prevent people from coming out of the closet in developing countries. In fact , in islamic countries like iran , saudi etc , homosexuals are given death sentence under Sharia.

Re: Is Sexual orientation 'hard-wired' before birth? >So you are saying there is way you can stop someone(if you lessen or completely remove that influence)? dont know..but lets do an experiment.. Put a G@Y in a room with 10 hottest babes and lock them for 10 days..I bet we can make him straight..if not, shoot his nuts.

>So you are saying there is way you can stop someone(if you lessen or completely remove that influence)? dont know..but lets do an experiment.. Put a G@Y in a room with 10 hottest babes and lock them for 10 days..I bet we can make him straight..if not, shoot his nuts.
According to Aditi's arugment you may end up losing your bullet. :doh:

>So you are saying there is way you can stop someone(if you lessen or completely remove that influence)? dont know..but lets do an experiment.. Put a G@Y in a room with 10 hottest babes and lock them for 10 days..I bet we can make him straight..if not, shoot his nuts.
Kabira, i beg to differ.. will u become g@y if u have been put in a room with 10 hottest hunk and locked for 10 days?? No rite?? cuz the primary orientation is innate.. its tough to change tht though for g@ys, some realise tht early and some realize it late... this realization is callled as breakout phase... I know someone who divorced after 6 yrs of marriage n having 2 children and now living with his boyfriend.. I think in conservative countries, these guys have no other go but to resort to a normal life though aspiring or indulgin in illicit homo affairs cuz of social culture.. in western worlds, ppl dont give a damn abt wat others think.. hence they get free n do wat they like or what they r destined for.. but u can clearly spot out these guys .. they have distinct girly behavior, by their voice or by their behavior or by their body movements.. they form the girly one of the g@y couple... whereas the manly one is tough to spot out... u cant easily say them they r g@ys.. but in a g@y pair, theres sure to have one girly n one manly.. this is from wat i have seen here in my place..( i live in holland.. so u know. :hic: ) and i have a friend (indian) whos now in US.. and hes now living with his boyfriend (whos also indian).. i think this is because of the place he is currently living now. he admitted tht he got know his g@y thing some 8yrs bak when he was in india.. but he could say oopenly only now and tht too cuz of US.. I think country and culture makes one to announce his same s.ex orientation without any guilt or shame.. nevertheless u can find these guys in conservative countries ( like india)as well.. its jus tht they r discreet in these things...

Re: Is Sexual orientation 'hard-wired' before birth? >Kabira, i beg to differ.. will u become g@y if u have been put in a room with 10 hottest hunk and locked for 10 days?? you never know...it happens in army or prison isnt??

Re: Is Sexual orientation 'hard-wired' before birth? Some could be by birth...some others because of conditioning. Some probably just experimenting and some because of lack of other opportunities as in extremely conservative societies which prevent intermingling of sexes. What i find mind boggling is bisexuality :doh: ?

Re: Is Sexual orientation 'hard-wired' before birth? Homosexuality is completely normal. It' is widely found in the animal kingdom. 99% of the homosexuals are born that way and the remaining 1% are probably people who like trying everything out :lmao: Anyway what difference does it make? It's their choice to do whatever the f@k they want. As long as it's between consenting adults then it's no ones business. The % of gays all over the world is similar. You really think that there are not as many gay people in India? :lmao:

It isn't natural at all. I'm sorry, but it's a mental illness that leads to disgusting acts.
Dude stop thinking like a typical desi. All my gay friends are 100% NORMAL and they have no mental illness. They are just different. Edit- G@y is a censored word? :lmao:

It isn't natural at all. I'm sorry' date=' but it's a mental illness that leads to disgusting acts. I don't see it as that bad with women as they don't really have the equipment to express themselves to the extent that the males can...[/quote'] And the basis of this is, other than the holy books? Agree that it seems gross, but doesn't make it un-natural in anyway.