How often should one change sports shoes?

beetle

I have this reallllly comfortablepair of walking shoes.They are soooooooo comfortable and look quite presentable.I have small feet and it is so difficult to get shoes that are not pink or purple(ewww) and these are a lovely shade of blue.But they are 3 and half yrs old. My hubby says i should change shoes at least once in a yr because i do walk a lot(6km ...5-6 days a week)...... He almost took them off my feet and threw them in the dustbin.I took them out and hid them in the kitchen store.He has bought white ones for me that look so ugly :doh: . Do i have to change shoes so often...specially when it takes me ages to break them in. :roll:

Re: How often should one change sports shoes? That shall depend on how often you clean them. If you clean them rather regularly(say once every two weeks or so) then you can take them to your grave(waise marein tumhare dushman...) There is no sell-by date for shoes. Specially if you clean them regularly and do not have a dog that thinks of it as his bathroom place.. :eew:

Re: How often should one change sports shoes? But my better half says...they should be changed otherwise it hurts the feet in the long run. I keep them clean...and i am not the sweaty kinds.I am sure i could sleep with them by my pillow and not know....I don't have a dog.... :roll: ps....why do you have such a strange pic of gulzar and pancham da in your avatar.... ?:lol:

Re: How often should one change sports shoes?

But my better half says...they should be changed otherwise it hurts the feet in the long run.
My instincts tell me that the soles of your shoes have now worn off a bit and every time you hit your hubby with your shoe he feels that extra bit of pain. Hence his complain! Modern Indian naari kare fast phir joote se kare miyaan ki khaatirdaari :hic: :hic: PS: Just a random picture of Gulzar/Pancham I came on net. It is strange that for perhaps the best lyricist/music director combo in Hindi cine history there arent too many good pictures :Cry:

Re: How often should one change sports shoes? Usually you should change shoes if you walk/run a lot after an year. The sides of the shoes towards the toes gets the stress and is tend to be in dilapidated condition after an year which may result in tearing of the sides.

Re: How often should one change sports shoes? They are a little worn out..... :roll: I don't kick him lurker.....atleast not with shoes on. :shrug: Bas kabhi kabhi when he doesn't wake up even when the alarm goes off then ....only sometimes...very rarely..... :hic:

Bas kabhi kabhi when he doesn't wake up even when the alarm goes off then ....only sometimes...very rarely..... :hic:
Alright it is official now!! Today is the day when Radhika comes out of the closet. First she admits that on her fasting day she does not exactly fast but eats only fruits/nuts etc and now that she kicks her husband, rather knowingly I must add. Now dont tell me Radhika that when you go out shopping with your better half, if you say Nahin chahiye, I have so many already na... to something that he has picked for you(like a salwar suit) what you actually means is Yes? :mad: xxxx

but now i have to wear ugly white ones to walk.... :doh: and they don't match with my track pants...i cant wear white track pants (unless i want to look like a cow :roll: )
Have got just the right shoes for you. Coloured keds from BATA...remember the school days? :hic: 3278089.jpg

Re: How often should one change sports shoes? When we go shopping ...he holds me by my elbow...and steers me clear of all the nice places....and he doesn't dare buy clothes for me (thank God!)I buy mine myself ... :hic: He is only bothered about health issues...that's why he is so generous now.....You should see the fit he throws when i buy the other non healthy shoes :lmao: :lmao:

Re: How often should one change sports shoes? EWWWwwwww lurker... My husband bought me these and they are quite expensive....now i have to wear them for some time atleast to keep him happy ....but i love the old ones.....

He is only bothered about health issues...that's why he is so generous now.....You should see the fit he throws when i buy the other non healthy shoes :lmao: :lmao:
Arre yaar dont tell about it :roll: I have a few friends(girls) jinke saath shopping karna is a big pain in my rather cute butt( :hic: ). Okay the other day I am helping one of these pick some shoes and she ends up picking 4 shoes..all with 4 inch plus heels. Now granted a couple of them looked really nice on her but come on how can you wear such high heels for entire day?? She almost always complains about back pain and all that, but the moment I stop her from picking a high heeled shoes she goes all about how guys lack fashion sense... :mad:

He is only bothered about health issues...that's why he is so generous now.....You should see the fit he throws when i buy the other non healthy shoes :lmao: :lmao:
Arre yaar dont tell about it :roll: I have a few friends(girls) jinke saath shopping karna is a big pain in my rather cute butt( :hic: ). Okay the other day I am helping one of these pick some shoes and she ends up picking 4 shoes..all with 4 inch plus heels. Now granted a couple of them looked really nice on her but come on how can you wear such high heels for entire day?? She almost always complains about back pain and all that, but the moment I stop her from picking a high heeled shoes she goes all about how guys lack fashion sense... :mad:
lol bura mat mannana but yeh sunkar hasi aa gayi :lmao:

Lurker, me thinking they're trying to catchup in height when walking along your side wearing those highheels. :chin:

Re: How often should one change sports shoes? High heels are like oxygen ...ok Yoda problem is...it's next to impossible to find Good walking shoes in decent colour...in size 4(please don't laugh).My lovely blue shoes are not really walking shoes....but now that i am a serious walker...my hubby got me byGod walking shoes(you know what that means)....but white! :doh:and this also with a lot of difficulty .