Enthiran/Robot

SachDan

Some people will never learn' date=' this crap is still produced[/quote']
Who can tolerate this kind of maha crap??? Oh wait- Tamilian lungiwalas!!! Seriously the ROI on such load of BS over & over is amazing
Bullsh1t movie coming up... Even the Disney movies have better animations forget the high end animated expensive Hollywood movies.
He is so awful; can't believe he has such a massive fan following. No acting skills- just cheap tricks
ditto.....just can't believe people ...
Relax people, its just a movie? :dontknow:

As an ardent Rajini fan, it really does amuse me to see so many people incensed at Rajni’s popularity. I think its safe to say that most of you have probably never seen a Rajni (Tamizh) movie in full or even if you have, havent understood it in full because of the language barrier. If you think he has been dominating South Indian cinema for the last 25 years by simply doing gimmicky cigarette tricks, then that just shows; a)How little else you know about his films – As much as Rajni is the centrestage of all his movies, he also has a shrewd acumen in selecting some of the more riveting scripts. He recruits the top technicians in the Industry , be it directors, music directors or cinematographers and also the best cast. These days, he takes around 1-2 years to make each film and there are all multi-million dollar big budget affairs. Moral of the story – From a pure production point of view, his movies are some of the most well made films you can come across in Indian cinema. b)How little you know about you know about cinema in general - . An actor’s popularity, however incredible it is, can only fill up the theatre for the first two weeks. If the movie is crap, people will stop coming. One of his recent movies (Baba) bombed terribly in the box office because of that. You think people are so dumb as to just keep streaming into the theatres no matter what he dishes out? Of course, Rajni’s movies are no connoisseurs’ delight, but he is the ultimate populist when it comes to film-making. He has obviously figured out what people like and gives it to them, time after time, in a package that is most marketable. For people who don’t watch his movies, but see snippets of him on Tv (cue North Indians :D), the first and the only thing that comes to your mind is a 60 year old man doing dance numbers with women younger than his daughters and does outrageous stunts. What you don’t typically see is his brilliance of figuring out the perfect mix of quirky style, substance, action, (melo)drama and delivering it to the audience in a manner that endears him to every age bracket starting from 6 to 65. Nobody goes to a Rajni movie looking to be educated and enlightened, but to be entertained. And by and large (some of his recent movies have been slightly disappointing), he has managed to do that for the last 25 years.

a)How little else you know about his films – As much as Rajni is the centrestage of all his movies, he also has a shrewd acumen in selecting some of the more riveting scripts. He recruits the top technicians in the Industry , be it directors, music directors or cinematographers and also the best cast. These days, he takes around 1-2 years to make each film and there are all multi-million dollar big budget affairs. Moral of the story – From a pure production point of view, his movies are some of the most well made films you can come across in Indian cinema.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I've never seen a Rajini fan consider any of his movies as cr@p, it is almost like they are in their own world.
:hello: Actually that is not true, I've considered one of his movie cr@p and yes I am in my own world when it comes to his movie. I don't debate about him/his movies with people who don't like it, they are entitled to their opinions and I've no intentions of trying to change that, I dont give a cr@p about people's opinion about his movie either. I like it, I enjoy it.

:hello: Actually that is not true' date=' [b']I've considered one of his movie cr@p and yes I am in my own world when it comes to his movie. I don't debate about him/his movies with people who don't like it, they are entitled to their opinions and I've no intentions of trying to change that, I dont give a cr@p about people's opinion about his movie either. I like it, I enjoy it.
:omg: Which one was it? BTW, I do watch his movies for their masala value even though the story/acting/dancing/... are all typically cr@p. Take Chandramukhi for example, wtf was that? And Baba? please...

:hello: Actually that is not true' date=' I've considered one of his movie cr@p and yes I am in my own world when it comes to his movie. I don't debate about him/his movies with people who don't like it, they are entitled to their opinions and I've no intentions of trying to change that, I dont give a cr@p about people's opinion about his movie either. I like it, I enjoy it.[/quote'] I Couldn't agree with you more :icflove:

All u rajini haters go and watch Baasha in theatre what a movie that was. And yes not a great actor the guy is still faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better than Salman khan the absolute useless,.If that crap has such fan following this guy easily can by 10000 times.

All u rajini haters go and watch Baasha in theatre what a movie that was. And yes not a great actor the guy is still faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar better than Salman khan the absolute useless,.If that crap has such fan following this guy easily can by 10000 times.
There is a reason why Rajnikanth did not make it big or even close to big in the rest of India. He is a regional hero or a superstar if you want to put it that way. He managed to win hearts all over south India but that does not mean that rest of Indians also like him as much as people in down south. Talking of regional heros, there are many regional superstars in Punjab, Gujarat etc. but that doesn't mean that the whole of India like their movies. Shahrukh Khan's acting offers something or other to everyone around the country hence he is a superstar of Bollywood. Rajni is nothing but a hero of Tollywood and no one gives fark about tollywood except south Indians. There is no comparison between SRK and Rajni because SRK is far ahead and Rajni will never reach where SRK has reached. You can't just call SRK less talented because you want to make Rajni look better. ps. I am neither a fan of SRK or Rajni

The problem seems that some of you guys have already made up your mind that Rajni is crap. So by sheer guilt-by-association, whoever is a fan of him should have lost their marbles as well. Hopefully, you’ll realize that it doesn’t work that way in the world of cinema. Its about capturing people’s imagination and giving them something that entertains them, in a package that they can relate with. And irrespective of the dubious/questionable quality of the material he produces, Rajni seems to have somehow figured this elusive combination out. If just doing fancy cigarette tricks alone would make a movie blockbuster hits, we’d have such silver jubilee heroes in every 2nd street. The fact of the matter is, this man has figured out something about people psychology that we all don’t seem to understand. If anything, his stunning success for over 3 decades should be topic of a scientific study, rather than be subject of ridicule. And oh btw, before anyone thinks Rajni is only a Southie-only phenomenon, you guys should check his popularity out in Japan.. (Yes, you heard it right, JAPAN). He’s a massive star there and his films are a huge draw in that country. Coincidence, much? :giggle:

There is a reason why Rajnikanth did not make it big or even close to big in the rest of India. He is a regional hero or a superstar if you want to put it that way. He managed to win hearts all over south India but that does not mean that rest of Indians also like him as much as people in down south. Talking of regional heros, there are many regional superstars in Punjab, Gujarat etc. but that doesn't mean that the whole of India like their movies. Shahrukh Khan's acting offers something or other to everyone around the country hence he is a superstar of Bollywood. Rajni is nothing but a hero of Tollywood and no one gives fark about tollywood except south Indians. There is no comparison between SRK and Rajni because SRK is far ahead and Rajni will never reach where SRK has reached. You can't just call SRK less talented because you want to make Rajni look better. ps. I am neither a fan of SRK or Rajni
Bang On.

..thats why it's irritating to see that all these 1000 crores are spent on a comedy like this p.S keep it down south
Yea, how dare they make a damn Tamil movie with all that money, come spend it on our beloved Bollywood, damn it. p.S you spend your money, let them spend theirs :winky: