Want to get in shape for summer? Join in...

Lurker

is this sort of thing ok for women to adapt to as well?? i seriously struggle with getting a decent calcium intake cuz i hate drinking milk!! but as far as protein shakes are concerned (and no i am not trying bulk up just help with muscle recovery after weights) is ok do you think for women to take them??
Yes.This entire diet is for women too. Protein shakes can be taken by women too.Dont worry - You wont grow a moustache:winky: Just make sure you drink a lot of water to digest the protein.

For me Gym was not going to work . i just cannot allocate specific time in my day because of my nature of work. So i decided to invest in home gym. Worth every penny. With dimmers watching TV on 150 inch projector screen while doing exercise anytime of the day.. what more could you ask for :)
i have actually thought about doing the same, i am lucky enough to have 2 garages attached to my place so i'm thinking of turning one of them into a gym! thats if Mr & junior dont get to it first and turn it into a games room!!!

Yes.This entire diet is for women too. Protein shakes can be taken by women too.Dont worry - You wont grow a moustache:winky: Just make sure you drink a lot of water to digest the protein.
lol thx!! yeah i dont want any weird manly side affects! :giggle: there's so many on the market tho and i'm womens ones are more expensive just for the sake of it!! any you would reccomend?

lol thx!! yeah i dont want any weird manly side affects! :giggle: there's so many on the market tho and i'm womens ones are more expensive just for the sake of it!! any you would reccomend?
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Designer-Whey-Womens-Protein-Vanilla/dp/B000ZDOCHE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top]Amazon.com: Designer Whey - Aria Women's Protein Vanilla, 12 oz powder: Health & Personal Care[/ame] [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-Natural-Protein-Pure/dp/B0048JEMAI/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1312383724&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Jillian Michaels Natural Whey Protein, Pure Protein , Vanilla Cream Shake, 14 Ounce: Health & Personal Care[/ame]

is this sort of thing ok for women to adapt to as well?? i seriously struggle with getting a decent calcium intake cuz i hate drinking milk!!
Every women will struggle with Calcium intake some time, so you better get serious about it. Instead of milk you can make some yogurt based fruit salad and use it as a meal replacement. Here is what I take once a day. 1 serving Greek Yogurt (gets me 20 grms of slow releasing Casein protein) 1 serving Orangle based Whey Hydrolysate (gets me 25 grm fast acting protein, also easy to digest) 10-12 grapes, 3-4 slices of oranges or 3-4 slices of apple. Mix them together, add some water for consistency and let it store overnight so yogurt soaks the whey protein easily. Use the next day.
but as far as protein shakes are concerned (and no i am not trying bulk up just help with muscle recovery after weights) is ok do you think for women to take them??
Jeez, if I had a dollar for everytime I hear from a woman! You think bulking up is that easy? It takes years of good diet, exercise and lifestyle. So no it is not gonna bulk you. Women dont need that much protein anyway so just 1 serving of protein supplement, a good one, should be enough.

^^^^ also' date=' is it ok to occassionally replace meals with protein shakes??[/quote'] No. Protein shakes' best use is taken after/during workout. or when you absolutely have no option from regular meal, or when you want to up the calorie intake significantly and are not able to do it from regular meals. So for normal needs, they are more for convenience than otherwise. ++. I would go as far to say, bulking (lean) is more difficult than reducing fat/weight - after beginners stage. Even if you go complete protein+fat, you wont grow muscles. (in fact that is one of the ways of efficient fat loss - ketogenic diets). Women just dont produce necessary testosterone - naturally - absolute must for growing muscles. If anyone interested in ketogenic diets (strict and cyclic) - I can share my experiences and results.

ok will look into that, what sort of heart rate are we looking at?? mine at my hardest is about 190 200?? but then thats on the naff heart rate monitors on the machines, also, how long should i be doing one HIIT session for?? i'm used to doing around an hour of interval training
I am assuming that you are getting those numbers from the 'grip' thing on cardio machines. Those are not very accurate - which is not a huge problem, as long as the error is consistent. Benefit of the chest-strap HR monitor is that you get a constant view of your heart rate, and it becomes easy to know when to speed up/down, heart rate is better indicator of how hard you are pushing - than speed/resistance on cardio machines. Also you can take it outdoors - and evaluate your ( your kid's) performance in various sports - absolute must for endurance sports. You can know your Resting Heart Rate - the best indicator of one's cardio health. To give you an idea, marathon runners have Resting heart rate in about mid 40s. Coming back to your query on what kind of heart rate we are looking at. Well absolute numbers depend on age and your current cardio health. A good indicator of HR-Max is 220-age. So lets say your age is 30, it sets your HRmax to 190. So when doing high intensity cardio, you should be able to maintain 85-90% of your HR-max throughout the high intensity session(20 minutes or so). While for the jogging kind of cardio you can maintain at about 140-150 for hours! In short - if numbers fascinate you, You can do lot of other fun stuff with your workouts with HRM at hand. I know this is information overflow, I am just trying to sell my good experience with HRM :)..you can safely ignore all that, as long as you are happy with your current life and results.

Very deceptive; it is impossible to estimate his muscle/lean mass. He just needs to go get it measured to establish a baseline. Many gyms will do it for walk-in fee of $20 or so. Once he has a baseline' date=' he can just work to bring it down; the absolute value is less important (unless it is in the 30s or more :-)!).[/quote'] no argument about it. that was just a guess from experience. and as you said, any measurement (as long as it is done in consistent manner), should just be used as a reference - to know whether you are moving in right direction.

Do I need more?
Depends on what you are doing/eating already, what are your goals.. but one thing is for sure 2 additional gms of protein is not going to change anything, when even typical home veg diet can already be getting you about 60+ gms of protein per day. So that is less than 3%change in your dietary protein! So, if you are thinking 6 almonds will get you "extra protein" - you got it wrong. In other words - almonds is not a 'protein supplement'.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: 6 ****ing almonds...SIX!!!!! :haha::haha: and 2 gm of protein :hysterical: You can probably get that much protein just by smelling a tandoori chicken..:finger:
I read somewhere that eating 5-6 almonds with breakfast is a good way to increase protein :dontknow:

I read somewhere that eating 5-6 almonds with breakfast is a good way to increase protein :dontknow:
Bhai-saab, Almonds provide essential fats/oils.It is for that purpose that you take them. They also give you a general feeling of well-being (supposed to be good for your heart) while at the same time keep you feeling full. But Almonds are not to be eaten as a source of protein.