Pakistan Trio Suspended by ICC in Spot Fixing Scandal

asterix

Guest Gunner
Butt, Aamer and Asif are clearly guilty. They have commiteed fraud, that is a criminal offence. If someone is found gulity of fraud they go to prison. No doubts they have commiteed fraud and should go to prison. Forget life bans these guys need to do time. Although any prison time in UK is not advised as they are a notorious breeding ground for islamic jihadis and may simply produce 3 more jihadis against India!
Yes, how much more taxes are you lot going to pay in the UK. Never have so few owed so much and all that....

Prison??? Bugger that. There's barely any space in the prison these days seeing where the world's headed right now. From what I can see the likes of Azhar (now a member of parliment in India), Jadeja (commentates on cricket, wonder how he can justify his comments), Salim Malik (Has his own academy I reckon), Gibbs (enjoying his life in cricket still), Warne (leads RR in IPL still), Mark Waugh (into coaching) are all having a great time whether they have remorse or not. The likes of Aamir, Salman, Asif will also move on don't you worry about that. The only bloke that well and truly paid was Hansie. Pity he was the only one to remorse as well. The rest made good use of the loop holes in law.

its always the "former" people who advocate stringent actions... the "present" people keep mum....
Because the current people dont have the balls to say it.........they wont know what kind of hell will break loose if they say something. Eventually it ended being a media tabloid that blew the cover.
Prison??? Bugger that. There's barely any space in the prison these days seeing where the world's headed right now. From what I can see the likes of Azhar (now a member of parliment in India), Jadeja (commentates on cricket, wonder how he can justify his comments), Salim Malik (Has his own academy I reckon), Gibbs (enjoying his life in cricket still), Warne (leads RR in IPL still), Mark Waugh (into coaching) are all having a great time whether they have remorse or not. The likes of Aamir, Salman, Asif will also move on don't you worry about that. The only bloke that well and truly paid was Hansie. Pity he was the only one to remorse as well. The rest made good use of the loop holes in law.
A very good post Ravi. And lets not forget that our own players have been found guilty in the past and as Ravi pointed out, we did not exactly punish them heavily. But I hope the players involved this time and really punished so that other would think twice before getting involved in fixing.
Match fixing is the single most important reason why I stopped watching cricket . Heck ' date=' I have become occasional lurker to this very web site , which used to be my staple for browsing few years ago. We need more IPL.[/quote'] IPL probably has more fixing than you can imagine
London, England -- Players of the Pakistan cricket team, who are at the center of a betting scandal in the United Kingdom, were told on Monday they were free to leave the country according to London's Metropolitan Police. None of the players or team officials have been arrested, but four were questioned by police, Pakistan national team manager Yawar Saeed said Sunday. Another man was arrested Saturday and released on bail Sunday. The police investigation comes after allegations that gamblers fixed part of a Pakistan match against England in London last week. A British tabloid newspaper reported Sunday that two Pakistan players deliberately bowled "no balls" -- a foul -- during the four-day series.
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/08/30/uk.cricket.scam/#fbid=r1AqFX8A2g3&wom=false So there's not enough evidence or what?
JADDU. :two_thumbs_up:
Why do you have to malign Jadeja. He is young guy, struggling bit. He comes from humble background. It was not his fault entirely if IPL rules were not clear. He was just trying to play cricket and get a contract with any club since Royals were reluctant on him