Pakistan Trio Suspended by ICC in Spot Fixing Scandal

asterix

We aren't different from Pakistan' date=' we just have a bit more honest people in our country than they do.[/quote'] This has nothing to do with honesty. Pakistan's failures are at totally different league. I read lot of pakistani forums and they often console themselves saying What is the difference between India and Pakistan ? they are same.:haha: So all the Pakistanis who are reading this thread (and I know there are many) Let me tell you what is the difference between India and Pakistan, no doubt, there are some f00ked up things happens in India, but Pakistan being 1/6th the size of India and with 1/7th the population, its failures are of EPIC Proportion, if we scale up Pakistan's failures and what ***** happen, the picture that will come out from Pakistan will be unbelievably shocking. Of course Denial and Delusion is Pakistan's self defence against everything, and nothing can be done against it.

who would blink first? I think the senior ex.cricketers like Imran, Wasim Akram as well as the team management like Waqar, Ijaz would be convinced that if Ameer is banned for life, then it would be a disaster for the Pak test team this decade. they may come up with a plan and make some one a willing scapegoat, who may be paid off huge, huge sum of money to walk away from international cricket, atleast for 5 years( with a promise to reduce after the uproar settles down) by accepting the blame and owning up all responsibilities for spot fixing, receiving 'all' money, coercing younger team mates by threat... Salman butt seems to be a tough cookie so Asif may become the sacrificial lamb.. that would be a convenient way for Ameer to apologise emotionally in a press conference with -"how i love to bowl fast:, "i love to represent my country',"i did not do this for money"," i was threatened that i would be dropped"....blah, blah and seek forgiveness. then lead by Mike Holding, Bob Willis, Nasser Hussain,Imran and our very own ICC president Sharad Pawar, Lorgat & co, Ameer would be let off with 6 months ban ... so, i am expecting the drama to commence sooner or later but am sure it would be Ameer who will sing first. but Pak team will not be cleaned up at all, as long as they have certified match fixers in team management and freelance bowling consultants. I dont expect too much from ICC or ECB ...I would not even be surprised if Mazhar Majeed goes underground or hires a top dollar Lawyer to defend him and win a court case, despite all the evidence to the contrary. the least the ICC could do is to suspend the 3 players who have been caught almost "red handed", or "red legged" in this mess immediately. but if they are going to wait for Scotland yard to complete the investigation, that means, Asif, Ameer and Salman would get to play in the onedayers! that would be as big a travesty of justice that allowed Afridi continue bowling in the match after he performed pitch dance! the whole world saw it, the referees and umpires were aware, but they did not send him off. even when he bit the ball, he still continued to lead the team till the match was over.atleast in this case, the process of justice should begin swiftly, after the video proof and other evidences like cell phone records, messages, payments....is that expecting too much from ICC?

I think the senior ex.cricketers like Imran, Wasim Akram as well as the team management like Waqar, Ijaz would be convinced that if Ameer is banned for life, then it would be a disaster for the Pak test team this decade. they may come up with a plan and make some one a willing scapegoat, who may be paid off huge, huge sum of money to walk away from international cricket, atleast for 5 years( with a promise to reduce after the uproar settles down) by accepting the blame and owning up all responsibilities for spot fixing, receiving 'all' money, coercing younger team mates by threat... Salman butt seems to be a tough cookie so Asif may become the sacrificial lamb.. that would be a convenient way for Ameer to apologise emotionally in a press conference with -"how i love to bowl fast:, "i love to represent my country',"i did not do this for money"," i was threatened that i would be dropped"....blah, blah and seek forgiveness. then lead by Mike Holding, Bob Willis, Nasser Hussain,Imran and our very own ICC president Sharad Pawar, Lorgat & co, Ameer would be let off with 6 months ban ... so, i am expecting the drama to commence sooner or later but am sure it would be Ameer who will sing first. but Pak team will not be cleaned up at all, as long as they have certified match fixers in team management and freelance bowling consultants. I dont expect too much from ICC or ECB ...I would not even be surprised if Mazhar Majeed goes underground or hires a top dollar Lawyer to defend him and win a court case, despite all the evidence to the contrary. the least the ICC could do is to suspend the 3 players who have been caught almost "red handed", or "red legged" in this mess immediately. but if they are going to wait for Scotland yard to complete the investigation, that means, Asif, Ameer and Salman would get to play in the onedayers! that would be as big a travesty of justice that allowed Afridi continue bowling in the match after he performed pitch dance! the whole world saw it, the referees and umpires were aware, but they did not send him off. even when he bit the ball, he still continued to lead the team till the match was over.atleast in this case, the process of justice should begin swiftly, after the video proof and other evidences like cell phone records, messages, payments....is that expecting too much from ICC?
Welldone :wtg: but don't tell this all so openly :secret: rather post it to Mahesh Bhatt, he might be interested to use this as a script for some of his next venture :--D p.s. dont mind plz, joking... rather that could really be possible upto some extent...

Did anybody catch Haron Logat's interview on sky News? He said something about disciplinary action must be taken before Thursday against the 4 players who have been named by NOTW. I don't know if he meant that they should not be playing in the ODI series and Pakistan needs to replace them. Edit: Found the link http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Pakistan-Cricket-Betting-Scam-ICC-Discuss-Players-England-Tour-Future-As-Mazhar-Majeed-Is-Bailed/Article/201008415709028?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15709028_Pakistan_Cricket_Betting_Scam%3A_ICC_Discuss_Players_England_Tour_Future_As_Mazhar_Majeed_Is_Bailed

Denial has begin.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: This is so hilarious, the guy wants to prove that 50k can not be stuffed in pockets of his coat first then he is able to then its about if he is taking it off or showing them the money ... then he gives him the benefit of doubt as the player on screen is just taking the jacket cuz he is poor and has never seen an imported jacket :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: PS: Symo smokes dope on the west Indian beaches :cool:
His role as a key aide of the players is highlighted on the UKbased website PakoraPassion . Top players have freely used Mazhar’s and his brother’s names during interviews on the site. Between 2008- 09, the site reportedly had a regular section called The Agents Views, in which Azhar would post updates on the activities of players. The Pakistani authorities seemed to have got wind of this increasingly close relationship between Mazhar and the players.
:phehehe:

Pakistan cricket match-fixing: Asif told girlfriend 'We won't win this year' Cricket star Mohammad Asif told his girlfriend Pakistan wouldn't win a Test match on tour, it was claimed last night. Ex-girlfriend Veena Malik said the bowler - being probed for match-fixing - told her last year: "We will not win a match during the tour to Australia. We won't win anything until 2010." She claimed he also bragged there was big money to be earned from betting scams. The actress, 32, said corruption among players and officials was rife. She added: "I told him not to become involved but he did not listen." More

i think the majority of us feel the same way as Holding about Ameer' date='[/quote'] NO, we don't. I have absolutely no sympathy or feel sorry for any cheat, unless they: 1. Admit their mistakes. 2. Are truely sorry and willing to submit to the punishment. THEN, AND ONLY THEN, can we give someone like Aamir a 2nd chance. Tell me something. Has Aamir or any of the other accused players come out and defended themselves? Have they honestly and openly talked about whether they did this or not? NO, they're hiding behind a wall of lawyers, PCB, ICC etc. Bullsh*t. I don't feel sorry for any criminal unless they actually ASK for forgiveness first and admit wrong doing.