Who is to blame?

King

IPL,USA,RAW,Israel...if we had given enough money to them, they wouldnt need to resort to this. But seriously, it is because of lack of any consequence. What happens in Pak when there is no consequence? What is the consequence of planning a terrorist attack? Worst you get is a week worth of house arrest and inconvenience of changing your organizations name. What is the consequence of losing games so that your captain is dropped? nothing. What is the consequence of ball tampering, pitch tampering? You get captaincy. What is the consequence of taking over the country illegally? Presidency for almost a decade. What is the consequence of killing people? 72 Caucasian virgins!! The whole country is fked up from inside out!! I thank allah every day that we are not a part of them. That we dont have bowlers like Asif and Amir.
:hatsoff::hatsoff:

On a similar note how do we know every no ball they bowl or wide they bowl is not fixed already? How do we know the wickets they lose are not deliberate (I believe they are useless and don't have the ability)? How do we know all those back to the wall partnerships the opponents score are not betting gifts from Pakistan? There could be many such agents the players may be dealing with. Why will they stick to a single man or agent for fixing? It's possible they may have been working for 5-10 fixers at the same time. Perhaps they have all made their moolah and have fat bank balance in some unknown exotic island. I guess the likes of Aamir, Asif, Salman Butt and the rest if found guily will not have much to lose out. Doesn't sound like they play cricket because they love it but were just there to make some quick bucks.

IPL,USA,RAW,Israel...if we had given enough money to them, they wouldnt need to resort to this. But seriously, it is because of lack of any consequence. What happens in Pak when there is no consequence? What is the consequence of planning a terrorist attack? Worst you get is a week worth of house arrest and inconvenience of changing your organizations name. What is the consequence of losing games so that your captain is dropped? nothing. What is the consequence of ball tampering, pitch tampering? You get captaincy. What is the consequence of taking over the country illegally? Presidency for almost a decade. What is the consequence of killing people? 72 Caucasian virgins!! The whole country is fked up from inside out!! I thank allah every day that we are not a part of them. That we dont have bowlers like Asif and Amir.
You hit the nail on the head, when it comes to consequences. But i guess the lack of consequences is a symptom of a more basic problem in their system. The root cause is their thought process which is an inherent part of their culture. I mean even now a lot of folks are worried what will happen to Aamer & his future as opposed to worrying about the central issue haunting Pak cricket - match fixing. The right thing to do is to put these mofos in place. Like Rajan said in another post, had they taken strict action against Akram a decade ago Pak cricket would have been better off today. Even with Asif & Akhtar lot of indiscipline was tolerated simply because they were talented. I guess it again goes back to the fundamental sense of right and wrong. If corruption is so rampant in the environment you grow up, you tolerate such things easily. "Aamer is after all 18, so what if he sold his country ? Everyone does it", is the justification on everyone's mind. Trust me, their administration is prolly trying to figure out how to resurrect Aamir's career and not worrying about eradicating match fixing. The lesser players such as Butt, Kamran Akmal et al will be banned. But the more talented ones will be kept & the saga will go on..
We by and large have no idea ... absolutely no idea .... how fked up that nation is. As far as Iam concerned those who expect normal behaviour from Pakis on any aspect of "Civilized Life" have some real problems.
Exactly my sentiments. And everybody and I mean E-V-E-R-Y-B-O-D-Y --- Citizens, Govt and Administrators alike are reponsible for the mess. It is DEEPLY ingrained in their culture ! And BTW: How many times have I mentioned --- "There is no hope for that nation"
BTW keep in mind Mazhar says it was the players who approached him to do match-fixing' date=' not the other way around[/quote'] ya, the direct quote was "they get paid peanuts" and he was talking about his 'football background' and how there was a big difference in salaries i am sure that must be true, pakistan is a poor nation and their cricket board isnt any different. u can see why guys like sohail tanvir start insulting "hindus" because he wasnt picked in the IPL. the guys need the money more than anyone
I don't think on the same lines as you guys do blokes. There has to be some good honest blokes even in PCB. Pretty sure majority of their nation must be upset with the latest turn around and the fixers. The implication are quite large to be honest. Majority of the games not just the Pakistan one will be looked at with a bit of doubt. Great come backs will be taken with a grain of salt. This is certainly not good for cricket particularly when there is healthy competition among the top 4 test playing nations. Just as I type this cricket has served the justice in its own way, Aamir out for a duck with crowd yelling "no ball" during every ball Aamir faced.
I have seen many optimists like yourself -- who with a heavy heart have acknowledged the hopelessness of that nation. Many and I mean Many !! I will wait for the day when you will jump the across the line. BTW: No body denies that there are no honest blokes and people with integrity in their nation. Question is what are the chances of 80% of the nation listening and actually putting it to work -- what these honest blokes say? N-O-N-E ! In short -- Majority of the nation is f'ed up! And the good blokes are so few and far in between -- any chances of them having any impact is literally zero !
And the winner of post of the week is^:hatsoff: