Player retention

Holysmoke

It's official. Teams can retain 3 Indian players and one international player. Player auction to be held in November. Mumbai Indians Sachin Bhajji Zaheer Pollard/Malinga?:nervous: Bangalore Royal Challengers Kohli Uthappa Dravid? Kumble? will they retire? For international player, Kallis or Steyn or Taylor? Chennai Dhoni Raina Vijay Murali? Morkel? Bollinger? Kings XI Yuvraj Irfan? Sreesanth? Powar? Kaif?:hehe: Sanga Delhi Daredevils Gambhir Sehwag Nehra Vettori? ABDV, Dilshan? KKR Ganguly Ishant Pujara? Aggy? Gayle? McCullum? RR Yusuf Jhunjhunwala Jaddu?:hehe: Warne? Smith? Botha? Deccan Nohit Ohja Suman:hehe: Symonds? Gilly? Gibbs?

Deccan Nohit Ohja Suman:hehe: Symonds? Gilly? Gibbs?
:stupid: Rohit, Gilly, Symonds and Ohja Even if Gilly doesnt perform with the bat, he is just as crucial because he is probably the best IPL captain for the last 2 years. Gibbs and SUman havent done shite.

guys ...read this * $1.8 million per year for the first player retained * $1.3 million per year for the second player retained * $900,000 per year for the third player retained * $500,000 per year for the fourth player retained If a franchise decides to retain four players, it will be charged $4.5 million per year and will have only $4.5 million to spend on other players, compared to the $9 million available to a franchise that retains no one. I dont think every team will retain four players

It's official. Bangalore Royal Challengers Kohli Uthappa Dravid? Kumble? will they retire? For international player, Kallis or Steyn or Taylor? Chennai Dhoni Raina Vijay Murali? Morkel? Bollinger? Kings XI Yuvraj Irfan? Sreesanth? Powar? Kaif?:hehe: Sanga Delhi Daredevils Gambhir Sehwag Nehra Vettori? ABDV, Dilshan? KKR Ganguly Ishant Pujara? Aggy? Gayle? McCullum? RR Yusuf Jhunjhunwala Jaddu?:hehe: Warne? Smith? Botha? Deccan Nohit Ohja Suman:hehe: Symonds? Gilly? Gibbs?
I dont think any side other than mumbai will use $4.5 million

guys ...read this * $1.8 million per year for the first player retained * $1.3 million per year for the second player retained * $900,000 per year for the third player retained * $500,000 per year for the fourth player retained If a franchise decides to retain four players, it will be charged $4.5 million per year and will have only $4.5 million to spend on other players, compared to the $9 million available to a franchise that retains no one. I dont think every team will retain four players
ohh.. wow then it looks like MI will retain only Tendulkar and possibly Pollard.

why do we have salary caps? :dontknow: why cant ambani buy everyone?
FYI there are two more new teams from next year onwards. If all existing franchises retains their star Indian players, it leaves Kochi and Pune teams with nothing to choose! Its only fair that there's a heavy charge for players retained which will make sure franchises keep at the max two players from their existing squad and all others will go under the hammer.

I just hate such a large mixup of players after 3 years into a league. Fans all round the world are starting to get a feel and know their players for their teams. BUt now only 2 -4 players will be in the original squad. But I have a feeling most teams will buy back their own original players and not of other teams. DOnt know why, just a feeling.

something like catchment areas was mentioned in the paper- watever that was?
The IPL has changed the catchment areas for the existing franchises because of the addition of two new teams from the 2011 season. Teams have to include four players from their catchment area in the squad of 30. * Mumbai Indians: Mumbai, Baroda * Royal Challengers Bangalore: Karnataka, Goa * Deccan Chargers: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, Orissa * Chennai Super Kings: Tamil Nadu, Railways * Delhi Daredevils: Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal * Kings XI Punjab: Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir * Kolkata Knight Riders: West Bengal, Jharkhand, Assam, Tripura, Sikkim, Manipur * Rajasthan Royals: Rajasthan, Gujarat, Saurashtra * Pune Warriors: Maharashtra, Vidarbha * Kochi: Kerala, Services, Madhya Pradesh

gayness i would like to see more players with same team
totally. this is stupid, trying to keep changing teams every ***ing 3 years. dumb asses. they should follow the US pro leagues like the NBA with salary cap and concept of free agency and restricted free agency and trades. also they should do draft and not this slave buying type auctions. give each team a draft number based on a combo of ranking and lottery and make them pick in order. also the salary cap is too small, how do you sign 30 players under 9 million?

good I thought u have to have 3 Indians.good we can have 2 n 2 i think it'll go like this: :kxip: Yuvi,Irfan,Sanga,Bopara :kkr:Ganguly,Gayle,McCullum,Mathews :rr:Yusuf,Watson,Trivedi,Smith :dc:Gilly,Symonds,Rohit,Ojha :dd:Sehwag,Gauti,ABDV,Dilshan :brc: Dravid,Kumble,Uthappa,Kallis :csk:Dhoni,Raina,Morkel,Murali :mi:SRT,Bhajji,Malinga,Pollard

imo, no team will use the retainers. But when it comes to auction they will bid aggressively until they get there key players back that could have also been used as retainers. Its a risk, but it should pay off for most teams.
Hmm.. I dont see Mumbai selling SRT or Chennai selling MSD.