Tendulkar Proved he is a Poor Captain.....Again!!!

jhakati

Was kinda shocked to see McLaren not bowl, and he didn't get off the field either.. So didn't look like an injury to me.. Plus he just randomly shuffled around with the bowlers.. Captiancy sucked TBH. Anyways was almost close to the target, what was that JP 'I'm crap' duminy doing there?

what worked last year will not work everytime sachin's never been able to think on his feet as a captain like ganguly or dhoni, hence his poor record
Umm, it's a human instinct that he'd try the same thing that had given him success consistently (last year's IPL). If that fails, he'll learn from that and etch out different route.
Umm, isn't MI a "IF SACHIN FALLS, WE ALL FOLLOW" team? This isn't the first time we have seen a collapse like this. Its been the case for 2.5 years now! A good captain would have arrested this development long back. He has great players in the team but he doesn't know what to do with them, most of the times. Look at the way the Lions marshalled their troops yesterday. Chokers. They only have themselves to blame. How much is the team going to rely on one man? Is he the only player in his team who has to save the day for the team? Where is the team management? Where is the think-tank? Why haven't roles been assigned to the players? Bowling was :fail:. But they touched 80/0 and were on course to pull this one off with ease. But "sensible batting" seems to be a term that only the Warriors (from today's match) seem to know.
What can Sachin do when others fail to play around him ? He certainly cannot just keep going in the market and keep on buying players so as to strengthen the batting line up. I don't understand how are you equating OTHERS' batting failures to SRT's captaincy as the 'subject' who are constantly failing have an independent role of playing around SRT. And you guys are looking too much into ONE bloody loss. MI has a very potent squad and I don't get which part of "coming back from injury" don't you guys understand ? Zaheer, Bhajji were out for good 1-2 months and hadn't played any competitive cricket, so it was obvious that they would struggle in foreign conditions. Tiwary was injured so he had to be benched for Satish. Nayar is in RSA with MI squad but had to be cut from the final squad because he hasn't proved his worth in any of the IPL games consistently. So whatever players played yesterday were picked by themselves given their record in last IPL. India's 90s team had a very similar motto as MI "We'll race SRT back to pavilion", but Sachin can do very little in that and can only delay his walk to the pavilion.

What can Sachin do when others fail to play around him ? He certainly cannot just keep going in the market and keep on buying players so as to strengthen the batting line up. I don't understand how are you equating OTHERS' batting failures to SRT's captaincy as the 'subject' who are constantly failing have an independent role of playing around SRT. And you guys are looking too much into ONE bloody loss. MI has a very potent squad and I don't get which part of "coming back from injury" don't you guys understand ? Zaheer, Bhajji were out for good 1-2 months and hadn't played any competitive cricket, so it was obvious that they would struggle in foreign conditions. Tiwary was injured so he had to be benched for Satish. Nayar is in RSA with MI squad but had to be cut from the final squad because he hasn't proved his worth in any of the IPL games consistently. So whatever players played yesterday were picked by themselves given their record in last IPL. India's 90s team had a very similar motto as MI "We'll race SRT back to pavilion", but Sachin can do very little in that and can only delay his walk to the pavilion.
Look at the way Chennai has batted after a rubbish start to their inng. 29/2 after 6 overs. They've touched 129 in 18 overs, which means 100 runs in 12 overs. Their squad isn't even half as good as Mumbai. They've done this time and again, so obviously they are doing something write. MI has failed consistently with Sachin out. They've obviously been doing something wrong.

Everybody knows Sachin is a poor captain as his record suggests. He is no Ponting or Inzimam who excelled under captaincy pressure.
A captain is as good as the team. Ponting's purple patch seems to have disappeared post Mcgrath's, Gilly, Warnie et al era, hasn't it ? Mind you tendulkar had a golden opportunity to erase his dismal captaincy record, post RSD's resignation but he opted to stand back and push MSD for captaincy :winky:. Unlike other teams, our players don't vow to strip their current captain's band under a religious hood or play poorly to make their captain look bad :laugh:.

Look at the way Chennai has batted after a rubbish start to their inng. 29/2 after 6 overs. They've touched 129 in 18 overs, which means 100 runs in 12 overs. Their squad isn't even half as good as Mumbai. They've done this time and again, so obviously they are doing something write. MI has failed consistently with Sachin out. They've obviously been doing something wrong.
Do you understand the role of a captain ? I don't get it how the eff can you blame Sachin for other batsman's failure because he clearly is not going out to bat for those individuals, is he ? Seriously, I can't believe you're blaming his captaincy because others players are prospering and his are not :laugh: :laugh:

Tendulkar's choice of the batting order, his bowling rotations and even his field placements leave a lot to be desired. I remember he kept feeding Yusuf spinner after spinner, even while he was going full-delta on their asses in that 100 he got against them. And on the rare occasion he did get the pacer to bowl, he asked Ryan Mclaren to bowl full outside off-stump with third-man in?! WTF! And of course, there is now this world famous eff-up with promoting Bhajjji ahead of Pollard in the 3rd finals. Plus, sometimes his running while batting leaves a lot to be desired. He really pushes his non-striking partners and calls them for all sorts of risky singles where they have little or no chances of getting in.

Tendulkar's choice of the batting order, his bowling rotations and even his field placements leave a lot to be desired. I remember he kept feeding Yusuf spinner after spinner, even while he was going full-delta on their asses in that 100 he got against them. And on the rare occasion he did get the pacer to bowl, he asked Ryan Mclaren to bowl full outside off-stump with third-man in?! WTF! And of course, there is now this world famous eff-up with promoting Bhajjji ahead of Pollard in the 3rd finals. Plus, sometimes his running while batting leaves a lot to be desired. He really pushes his non-striking partners and calls them for all sorts of risky singles where they have little or no chances of getting in.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Sachin sucked at captaincy. Tell me something new :hehe: He used too many bowlers for sure when his regulars were doing quite well. Sometimes these strategies of using part timers work, sometimes they backfire. Ideally, one should stick to a core group of bowlers and only bring in part timers if necessary.

Do you understand the role of a captain ? I don't get it how the eff can you blame Sachin for other batsman's failure because he clearly is not going out to bat for those individuals, is he ? Seriously, I can't believe you're blaming his captaincy because others players are prospering and his are not :laugh: :laugh:
If you are going to blame his teammates for a loss in a TEAM game, what the eff do you have a CAPTAIN for? Hatching eggs? A captain takes responsibility when the team falters. He takes the good with the bad. He's praised when they perform and panned when they don't. Savvy? Fanboys are difficult to talk to. Almost everyone in this thread thinks he was ordinary the other day, while you continue to make "judicious" use of the laugh emoticons. Thats your opinion though. Respect it.

If you are going to blame his teammates for a loss in a TEAM game, what the eff do you have a CAPTAIN for? Hatching eggs? A captain takes responsibility when the team falters. He takes the good with the bad. He's praised when they perform and panned when they don't. Savvy? Fanboys are difficult to talk to. Almost everyone in this thread thinks he was ordinary the other day, while you continue to make "judicious" use of the laugh emoticons. Thats your opinion though. Respect it.
I haven't said anything pertaining to SRT's captaincy. I am ridiculing your claim of "Tendulkar should be held accountable for other batsmans' failure" :laugh:. How can you hold someone responsible if the other individual plays reckless shot/innings ? :laugh:. I still can't believe you're not understanding what you're trying to say. I never said SRT is a great captain or carries a midas touch, what I said was whatever team he picked in the last game was bleeding obvious as those players played a huge part in MI's campaign last IPL. His bowlers' rotational policy was a strong tactic last IPL, so again it was very obvious for him to implement that in CL. I guess he rotated one bowler too many in the last game and paid the price for it. Also, I mentioned that it was his first bloody game in CL so don't start giving out your verdicts after one bloody game