Tendulkar unhappy with idea of fresh player auction in IPL

IKnowU

I don't agree with Sachin's choice. Rahul Dravid wouldn't have done this. Anil Kumble wouldn't have done this. We have to respect his decision for' date=' firstly, it is his decision and we don't have any control over it. Secondly, what other choice do we have?[/quote'] Respect is the wrong word but rather accept as he is the biggest cricket player in the world. However, I always though when playing for your country, the country is bigger than a player, and it should be the other way around when deciding if a player should get a rest with the country telling not the player. Right now, there is no criticism because he is in such a great form but remember it takes only a little moment to shift it completely and then maybe at that stage, we will say that Sachin should have played more matches to get the "match fitness" but it would be too late. I of course love Sachin like every indian but if it was same other player, the reaction would be different

Are you serious.... remember world cup 99... he came back days after his father's death. And there are innumerable occasions where he played with back & shoulder problems. Honestly... how could you EVEN think about questioning Sachin's integrity. :omg:
and Tendulkar was not honest enough? Tell me one instance of Rahul & Anil playing for a bloody franchise when they were still playing all ODIS & Test series for India I remember Tendulkar flying back after his father's death and playing in a world cup, I remember Tendulkar with a back breaking pain trying to win a match against pakistan, hey ho but that is Tendulkar, he owes it for the country , the rest I assume were doing us a favor??? Edit : I have no idea even what is happening in the CLt20
Sachin has done great things in the past. That doesn't mean he is immune to making mistakes. Picking CLT20 over the SL series was a mistake. I can say with all conviction that Rahul and Anil wouldn't have sit out of a series to play in the IPL/CL. But that is Sachin's decision. Being devil's advovate- I guess, in Sachin's defence, the man has played for a long time and we might be a touch harsh on him. I respect his decision.
Respect is the wrong word but rather accept as he is the biggest cricket player in the world. However, I always though when playing for your country, the country is bigger than a player, and it should be the other way around when deciding if a player should get a rest with the country telling not the player. Right now, there is no criticism because he is in such a great form but remember it takes only a little moment to shift it completely and then maybe at that stage, we will say that Sachin should have played more matches to get the "match fitness" but it would be too late. I of course love Sachin like every indian but if it was same other player, the reaction would be different
Everyone loves Sachin. Completely agree with your entire post, especially the last line.

Kumble played with a broken jaw coz he was in the middle of a test, he is not a fast bowler and plugged in lot of pain killers to bowl a few spells Dravid was not gonna be picked for ODI's anyways so for "he woulda shoulda" doesn't work here Sachin, in his career has played with a bad back during the Delhi test vs Pak, flown all the way to Toronto for 1 game to try and gain salvage vs pak in Sahara cup, played WC after his fathers death..sacrificed all the years from his family and some of u accuse of picking country over CLt20? isn't that a international event where he is representing an Indian Team? It's so easy to point fingers like this, the guy has survived being clean for 20 years in World Cricket, kya baat kar rahe tumlog

Kumble played with a broken jaw coz he was in the middle of a test, he is not a fast bowler and plugged in lot of pain killers to bowl a few spells Dravid was not gonna be picked for ODI's anyways so for "he woulda shoulda" doesn't work here Sachin, in his career has played with a bad back during the Delhi test vs Pak, flown all the way to Toronto for 1 game to try and gain salvage vs pak in Sahara cup, played WC after his fathers death..sacrificed all the years from his family and some of u accuse of picking country over CLt20? isn't that a international event where he is representing an Indian Team? It's so easy to point fingers like this, the guy has survived being clean for 20 years in World Cricket, kya baat kar rahe tumlog
The point is not about saying Sachin has not made any sacrifices for India. Of course, but he has made some mistakes or what could be called taking some actions at the wrong time (selfishness??). Now it is up to you to realize and admit that rather than defending him. Your logic is also pretty flawed, by mentioning some past events, it does not make the current issues irrelevant. If that was the case, then there should be little if any punishment Aamir, as surely they have made some sacrifices. Although, both cases are very different but the same method could be applied. See my post in this thread and that probably explains why reasons about this issue.

The point is not about saying Sachin has not made any sacrifices for India. Of course, but he has made some mistakes or what could be called taking some actions at the wrong time (selfishness??). Now it is up to you to realize and admit that rather than defending him. Your logic is also pretty flawed, by mentioning some past events, it does not make the current issues irrelevant. If that was the case, then there should be little if any punishment Aamir, as surely they have made some sacrifices. Although, both cases are very different but the same method could be applied. See my post in this thread and that probably explains why reasons about this issue.
:rotfl::rotfl:

someone, I think your post earlier was awesome, we are so blinded by his small achievements that we see don't see any flaw in his decisions. Off course, the Aamir comparison was on the ball In a perfect world, country should call the shots but when it comes to tendulkar, the standards are different

Respect is the wrong word but rather accept as he is the biggest cricket player in the world. However, I always though when playing for your country, the country is bigger than a player, and it should be the other way around when deciding if a player should get a rest with the country telling not the player. Right now, there is no criticism because he is in such a great form but remember it takes only a little moment to shift it completely and then maybe at that stage, we will say that Sachin should have played more matches to get the "match fitness" but it would be too late. I of course love Sachin like every indian but if it was same other player, the reaction would be different
Are you fking kidding me? Sachin is and always has been getting the most unreasonable flak of any player. For example, you are not questioning Dravid's involvement in the CL semi-finals were he wont have time to prepare for the test series and he is one of our most crucial batsmen! Its very easy to sit back on your chair and talk about playing for country, yada, yada. But these ODI series has nothing to do with my country, they are just means to make BCCI more rich. Very few Indians follow them and I certainly feel no pride whether we win or loss them. The playing for country thing no longer holds water

People just seem to blindly believe that he is putting money over country. For all the talk about franchises etc, the BCCI are responsible for India's international tours & also the IPL/CL. This will cause a conflict of interest for the BCCI because Sachin can decide - I won't play this tournament for the franchise, then that franchise can a)show him the contract and say, sorry you are contracted to us and we want you to play. OR b) Go to the BCCI and say, well you sold us this product saying that the best Indian stars will play in it and that is how we are going to make money. Obviously the BCCI is gonna want him to play there. Whether he plays in SL/ BD or not, the BCCI will still make whatever money they will have been guaranteed by the SL/BD board, but if he decides to sit out of the BCCI there is going to be a loss revenu for the BCCI. I havn't checked my stats, so can some one remind me when was the last time he took time off from an ODI series played in India - when he was not injured or suffering from niggles? I am pretty certain that he will also play the Aussie ODI series following this Test series and won't sit out.