Commonwealth Games may be called off : NZ official

seedhi

We did mess it up at the beggining though:cantstop: However, I truly beielve that things are now back on track and we will host a great games with athletes going away saying that they loved it. I really believe this
Yes. Everyone will agree that we had a terrible start. As in, to start work in 2008 on a games we got in 2003 is a joke. This games however is gonna be fantastic. Everyone thought the same (ref: the mess) about the feeder event to this games, the Commonwealth Youth Games in Pune in 2008. But everyone right from Mike Fennell to individual delegations had a superb opinion about our country. Infact, the delegation of the next host of the CYG, Isle of Man, said in the Closing Ceremony that they doubt any country would be able to invest half the money India did and pull it off as successfully as India did. We are headed for greatness my friend. And hold your head high. We are HERE :isalute:

Yes. Everyone will agree that we had a terrible start. As in, to start work in 2008 on a games we got in 2003 is a joke. This games however is gonna be fantastic. Everyone thought the same about the feeder event to this games, the Commonwealth Youth Games in Pune in 2008. But everyone right from Mike Fennell to individual delegations had a superb opinion about our country. Infact, the delegation of the next host of the CYG, Isle of Man, said in the Closing Ceremony that they doubt any country would be able to invest half the money India did and pull it off as successfully as India did. We are headed for greatness my friend. And hold your head high. We are HERE :isalute:
:isalute:

Guruji, where did you read about traffic on the lanes dedicated to CWG? In fact the removal of 1600 blue lines has meant traffic hs been more organised in Delhi since yesterday. The journey which used to take an hour earlier is getting over in 40 minutes due to no bluelines and presence of more traffic policemen on the rod even during day time. Don't blindly believe the crap you are reading in newspapers or one shot which our desi news chnnels keep shwoing 24*& with different music and commentary. The games village has had its share of problems and every effort is being made to overcome those issues. From now on if the media stopped highlighting one or two minor issues and focussed on the games themselves, suddenly it will look like a wonderfuly organised games. BTW 1500+ athletes re alredy in the games village, some 500+ more will be moving in today. They all had only good things to say about the facilities so far. Lets hope the goof ups re behind us and we will hve only good news from here on.
Are you sure there's no dedicated Athlete's bus route for CWG? It could be that the Blue Line buses were using it but I think that route (the right most lane- known as the 'blue lane') is now actually a dedicated route for the CWG traffic. No private vehicle is allowed to travel on this lane from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. The penalty is Rs. 2000. I think it will fully functional in coming few days. There could be some issues but if you put enough traffic police personnel and with spot fines and towing of vehicles in place, the people will not dare to go in that lane...

Pakistan officials have given 24 hours to organisers to sort things out. Apparently our good neighbours are now unhappy with things in the village:--D So while all the other teams are now happy, proclaiming everything is fine now. Our neighbours decide to give a 24 hours ultimatium. Pak bashers please congregate!:--D http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/dawn-content-library/dawn/news/sport/pakistan-complains-about-rooms-issues-ultimatum-jd-05

Pakistan officials have given 24 hours to organisers to sort things out. Apparently our good neighbours are now unhappy with things in the village:--D So while all the other teams are now happy, proclaiming everything is fine now. Our neighbours decide to give a 24 hours ultimatium. Pak bashers please congregate!:--D
:nervous:

Pakistan officials have given 24 hours to organisers to sort things out. Apparently our good neighbours are now unhappy with things in the village:--D So while all the other teams are now happy, proclaiming everything is fine now. Our neighbours decide to give a 24 hours ultimatium. Pak bashers please congregate!:--D
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: You never give up, do you? :cantstop:

Are you sure there's no dedicated Athlete's bus route for CWG? It could be that the Blue Line buses were using it but I think that route (the right most lane- known as the 'blue lane') is now actually a dedicated route for the CWG traffic. No private vehicle is allowed to travel on this lane from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. The penalty is Rs. 2000. I think it will fully functional in coming few days. There could be some issues but if you put enough traffic police personnel and with spot fines and towing of vehicles in place, the people will not dare to go in that lane...
Yes sir, there is a dedicated lane for the games. The Delhi traffic police had to give into the demands of the CWG federation on that. They have implemented that and that became operations from yesterday with the roads falling on route from airport to games village and from game village to the venue sbeing closed for public beteen 8am-8pm. And we Delhiites have more or less avoided the dedicted lane as directed by the police.

Bas ab yehi din reh gaya tha dekhne ko (Now i've seen everything).. Countries like Botswana and Pakistan telling India what to and giving deadlines..Can't fault them though. Deadlines has to be given now, not much time remaining and work it seems is "continuously in progress"..

Use the correct language here. You use 'not allowed' to imply that they're chained to their rooms almost ... I merely stated that they have been told, requested to stay within the security zone and not go out. By no means, is that an exaggeration ---- top athletes, high profile targets for terrorist groups wanting to make a political statement. Heck, if I was from Aus/NZ/England, I'd not step out of safety bubble. Delhi may be a nice place, culturally very diverse etc etc but thats not the point.
Exactly same protocol was given for England athletes in Bejing. Its merley standard advice. By all accounts all the teams are vey impressed by security and feel very safe. Apparently police eveywere all over delhi, cant even turn a corner without seeing police. Teams are very happy now (these are reports from english media). Apart from our delightful neighbours:--D Even seb coe has come out and said despite scare stories he has spoke to many athletes there and they are very happy with everything. Maybe Kalmadi did ok after all:cantstop:

They're gonna have monkey guards :hysterical:
Do you mean maa ki.. Is Symonds also amongst the guards :haha: (out b4 ppl call me racist :vroam: ) Anyways good to see all the positives coming in gradually .. let us all be together in making it a success .. we can discuss about the corruption etc. once the games finishes :dance::dance: