The lost temples of India - Excellent video

King

Re: The lost temples of India - Excellent video @anakin, agree with you, host did justice.. it was very well made, and informative, but failed to watch or it might have not been mentioned what was the reason behind those.. @cc1981, if u notice, janz of today in India, they still belive in that stuff. they do their religious stuff like that only.. if i am right, jainz are of two types, showtamber and Digambarz... one of those follow that..

Re: The lost temples of India - Excellent video

@cc1981, if u notice, janz of today in India, they still belive in that stuff. they do their religious stuff like that only..
Do you mean nudity-wise ? If so, i am talking about regular common folk- ie, if this was India 2000 years ago, your chaachi, my mommy, someone-else's wife etc would be topless or clad with just a sari and no pettycoat/blouse. This is because a lot of tropical setting civilizations ( such as ancient mesoamerica, southern china and india) have had topless men & women/scantily clad men/women before the advent of Xtian/Islam. Its just more practical that way and when views about sexuality is relaxed, views about nudity too are relaxed.

@anakin' date=' agree with you, host did justice.. it was very well made, and informative, but failed to watch or it might have not been mentioned what was the reason behind those..[/quote']May be, it was a long time ago I watched that documentary.

Guest dada_rocks

Do you mean nudity-wise ? If so, i am talking about regular common folk- ie, if this was India 2000 years ago, your chaachi, my mommy, someone-else's wife etc would be topless or clad with just a sari and no pettycoat/blouse. This is because a lot of tropical setting civilizations ( such as ancient mesoamerica, southern china and india) have had topless men & women/scantily clad men/women before the advent of Xtian/Islam. Its just more practical that way and when views about sexuality is relaxed, views about nudity too are relaxed.
In villages folks still practice that.

@cc1981, if u notice, janz of today in India, they still belive in that stuff. they do their religious stuff like that only..
well u might be talking about what used to happen 2k years ago.. but thing is i have heard it still happenz.. jainz.. now i am not sure, whether they are digambarz or shoyetamberz.. one of those ethnic groupz still practice this. they pray and do religous stuff in the public with no clothz, totally naked.. all so u might have heard about this - on mahavir jayanti or some day, lot of ppl gather and roam around together like huddle and leading from the front is usually a naked person...

Re: The lost temples of India - Excellent video Fantastic video Ravi. Thanks so much for sharing :wtg: :wtg: Man we have such a rich culture and history..Gotta be proud of it. My favorite part was the use of Elephants..only in India. :stickman:

Guest dada_rocks

Re: The lost temples of India - Excellent video If u guys like documentaries like thsi then go to desitorrents.com and click on documentary forum you will get them all there. have bene downloading and watchign these from that site since quite some time now.

Guest dada_rocks

Aaha ... the temples at Hampi were indeed shown in that documentary ... built by Sri krishnadeva Raya ... I have seen those temples and they are truly jaw droppping .... most of these temples were carved out of a single stone .... you gotta see them to believe the wizardry of those who built them .... :hail: Than lord for the powerfull Southern Indian Kings else all this would have been completely wiped out .... And this is why I have little respect for a certain religion.
BB not all northy kings were of bengali variety.. rajput kings of rajsthan fought tooth and nail same with king of orissa... Yes I am fan of vijayanagr empire by giving islamic invaders back in the langauge they understood, but south kings had one thig going in their favour which was all the invaders getting their share of thrashing passing through punjab rajsthan gujrat region so by the time they used to reach south they used to be fairly blunted..

BB not all northy kings were of bengali variety
Now this is what i call being intellectually dishonest and utterly racist. I've annihilated your argument about Bengali history in a previous thread and despite my open offer towards you to show otherwise, you just ran away from that thread like a little kid robbed of his lolly. Agar sach much tera yeh ilzaam saccha hai to mere us kihai pe nazar dal aur jawab de! And moderators, why are we tolerating a miscreant who is consistently misrepresenting Bengalis and adopting a false, negetive and racist steriotype of Bengalis ? I guess it makes sense because this is afterall, an Indian board- corruption is to be expected. Otherwise dumb racist idiots like this guy would've been banned a long time ago in almost all forums. Hell, he is practically banned in more forums than he is welcome in and it isnt surprising why !

Guest dada_rocks

Touchie' date=' touchie. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:[/quote'] Becasue he knows I am stating fact.. sach karwa hota hai :lmao: :lmao:

Guest dada_rocks

And moderators, why are we tolerating a miscreant who is consistently misrepresenting Bengalis and adopting a false, negetive and racist steriotype of Bengalis ?
That is because you said something to the contrary in the past and when confronted resorted to your usual tactics.
Hey I do praise benagli where they deserve.. intellectually they have been miles ahead of rest of india in past and they deserve laurels for that ..

Becasue he knows I am stating fact.. sach karwa hota hai
If you were stating a 'fact', you'd have had the balls to debate me on Bengali history when i posted about it, instead of running away like a typical clueless fundie without a clue. If you think what you are stating a fact, i DARE you to challenge my post about Bengali history. As per being touchie, i am sorry but touchie would be whining about which language is the national language and which isnt. Not defending against racist and fundie attacks towards an Indian community.

And moderators, why are we tolerating a miscreant who is consistently misrepresenting Bengalis and adopting a false, negetive and racist steriotype of Bengalis ?
That is because you said something to the contrary in the past and when confronted resorted to your usual tactics.
Hey I do praise benagli where they deserve.. intellectually they have been miles ahead of rest of india in past and they deserve laurels for that ..
Hey buddy , Pen is mightier than sword. :hmph:

And moderators, why are we tolerating a miscreant who is consistently misrepresenting Bengalis and adopting a false, negetive and racist steriotype of Bengalis ? I guess it makes sense because this is afterall, an Indian board- corruption is to be expected. Otherwise dumb racist idiots like this guy would've been banned a long time ago in almost all forums. Hell, he is practically banned in more forums than he is welcome in and it isnt surprising why !
CC, when we started this forum, we thought we'd give "freedom of expression" a whole new meaning. Those of us who had been internet junkies for years had noticed to our chagrin on various forums that there was a constant and inalienable relationship between the point at which discussions reached their coruscating best and the point at which certain people lost their sangfroid. It didn't take a genius to figure out that the best discussions were often the most vituperative at their peak. Unfortunately, this was the point at which self styled moderators stepped in and cut things short. "Ah shame!" We thought, "It'd really have been nice to find out what happened at the end of it..... How would that argument have been countered?.... Were Bengalis really a bunch of pussies?" Imagine, had DR not driven you to distraction with his Bong-baiting, you wouldn't have been compelled to research Lakshman Sen and come out with that absolute cracker of a rebuttal! I agree that it's a pretty devious way to get the best out of the fantastic posters we have on this board, but at the end of the day we believe that each and every person who graces these pages will have the decency to pull back from the brink, to know when enough's enough, to know when offence may be taken.

I agree that it's a pretty devious way to get the best out of the fantastic posters we have on this board,
I understand what you are saying and i myself have baited people in the past to prod them along. But this doesnt apply to D_R because if his intentions were to get the best out of the posters by devious means, he'd STFU after i blew him away. That he continues his racist diatribe against Bengalis is proof enough that his intentions are nothing but racist to the extreme and thus should be summarily banned. I can tolerate someone abusing me personally (such as Bheem throughout this forum- and it has been mutual too) but someone abusing an entire ethnic group by racist thought is beyond the boundary so to speak.

Guest dada_rocks

Hey buddy , Pen is mightier than sword. :hmph:
Damn now I will end up agitataing islamists.. Pen is mightier than sword no doubt about it but for pen to show its power u have to be dealing wiht soemone with bare minimum morality and here we are talking about muslim invaders. They first behead then talk thus precluding the power of pen. Why else do u think in 100o years of islamic oppression no mass leader like gandhi could emerge. It's not that noone tried Guru teg bahdur is the shining example but here we are talking about blood thirsty rulers with zero morality and zero sense of guilt viz av iz oppresison of non-muslims.

Re: The lost temples of India - Excellent video The problem, CC, is that DR is very much a part of the fabric of this forum, as indeed are you. Parochial, Islamophobic, Bong-phobic he may be, but he is still part of the maelstrom of hopelessly alloyed morality that makes up this place. You take the good, the bad and the ugly, mangle the vowels and throw them in a simmering pot, and you come out with what is the ethos of this place- don't preach, don't judge, don't interfere. Let the ugly SOBs be. Take out the bad, and we are a bunch of boring tosspots. Take out the good, and we are just gaping @ssholes. Throw them together, and hey, it's sweet alchemy.