Commonwealth Games 2010 Opening ceremony

ViruRulez

Wonderful opening ceremony! The person responsible deserves a pat on the back. The best part was the little tabalchi and the work done by the school children.....
cannot agree more.. this has been a million times better than the Bollywood farce opening ceremony of various events we have watched all these years :isalute:

It was good but Kalmadi was being a-hole by saying whatever he couldnt say in an interview .. feck the gandhis :mad: .. I dont even remember how many names that dadi-wala donkey mentioned the ceremony was ok but there was no story no rhythm ... a grand opening like this is supposed to have a story or theme and I think that was clearly missing ... Above all Jai Ho may mean a lot to Indians but non-Indians remember it as a song from a movie showing Indian slums so its about time we stop playing it at every freaking international event.

I enjoyed it and a lot of the concepts were very good and they kept it an Indian ceremony, perhaps taking a cue from the Beijing Olympic ceremony. Kudos to the organizing committee for the ceremony and giving it an Indian flavor. 10/10 :hatsoff: I thought they'd keep it all Indian, which they managed to do but call me picky but was that a Caucasian dancing with ARR in the Jai Ho song? :--D The Jai Ho song eclipsed the theme song IMO. :sherlock:

Ludhianvi. where you watching???
it was on CBC (globaltv) yaar... finished now